HEY REPUBLIC - Ilum.. it's bad.. but it's not THAT bad.

Kstokes

Hello,

I am a level 50 Jedi Shadow - Valor rank 57 - on NA East Server Helm of Graush.

I have "full" champion gear (minus the damn main hand)

This is what Ilum is looking like on our server - click here

The Number Imbalance

Before servers even went up and went Live.. Everyone knew that there was going to be an imbalance of Imp vs Rep, with Imps gaining majority.

When servers went live, what was theory became fact. Imperial numbers were indeed larger than Republic. With this, just by numbers alone, its easy to say that Imps not only have more 50s - but got to 50 faster and continue to gain numbers as more and more hit 50.

Once hitting 50, the "grind" to valor 60 battlemaster starts. Continuing with what I said above about numbers.. clearly the imps will have more battlemasters at a faster pace.

Why it's not THAT bad

Okay, yes it sucks getting your *** handed to you by a zerg.

But look after someone hits 60 Valor. There isn't a reason at the moment to go beyond that point unless you want the 65 speeder and if that's going to be an argument then say fine valor 65.. either way there is a point at which gaining valor isn't necessary much like XP so you spend your time on other things in game.

Now for gear, they still have to finish the daily/weekly quests which take about 5-10 mins in Ilum and then go grind out warzones for comms.

The Daily and Weekly Quests

Just as easy if not easier to complete these on Republic as it is on Imperial.

The reason why is simple, If Imperials are zerging your base and you are by a turret, and they get killed, it counts as a kill for you - and you only need 30 kills, if there are a bunch of imps at the base 30 kills happens extremely fast. In which case you are done in Ilum for the day.. even faster (yes faster) than the old blow up 3 tanks daily.

Basically what this says is that we obtain gear at the same rate as an imperial zerg - they just will hit valor 60 faster.

Long Run - It will even out (Gear wise)

As long as BW doesn't add another Tier of PVP armor/weapon - everything will even out with regards to Republic players gaining battlemaster status and obtaining gear.

If we just continue like we have been doing with level up valor in warzones - this issue on Ilum doesn't really matter. In the short run it sucks just cause we are getting owned by massive numbers.

Summary

In summary, Once an Imperial hits battlemaster 60 - farming valor (unless they go to 65 for speeder) does nothing for them so they will ultimately get bored and stop and go back to warzones because thats the only place they can farm pvp gear once their Daily/weekly quests are done.

With that said - The way of pvp gearing in this game is completely even - The Imperial will indeed win the race to battlemaster, but they can't zerg gearing up at a faster pace. They can only gear up as fast as we do, which is why in the long run, as long as BW doesn't add another Tier of PVP gear, everything WILL balance out.

Eventually, by doing warzones and some pvp ilum groups, the Republic will also gain battlemaster status more and more and begin closing the gear gap every day. Fair or Unfair, it'll just take the Republic players longer to get there.

The only thing that won't change is just the pure numbers imbalance between the 2 factions.

But with that, I'm assuming if you chose the Republic for PVP server, it's because you are talented in PVP and wanted a challenge with an organize group rather than zerging around everywhere smashing buttons.

-Selyk

50 Shadow

<Fatal Effect> Guild Leader

I was just there on that server, this just adds to the uneven balance, but every one will say we are crying. I wish Ilum had a cap 1 rep for 1 imp, that would so fix this. Even it out. As for the person saying the gun will get credit, we have not seen that but they were killing the guns also.

I think the point it that because Ilum is designed in a sub par manner, the side with the greater numbers can simply camp the other. It isn't good gameplay either way.

Things will even out gear wise...this happens all the time in MMOs. However, when players are not having a good gameplay experience (side being camped for sure) then the game suffers.

As it stands, if these huge population differences continue to play out, Ilum will be considered a failure and honestly I think some people who like pvping will probably quit the game.

The warzones are fun, but Ilum isn't. Wasn't in beta, wasn't on the PTR, and isn't now.

Long Run - It will even out (Gear wise)

As long as BW doesn't add another Tier of PVP armor/weapon - everything will even out with regards to Republic players gaining battlemaster status and obtaining gear.

If we just continue like we have been doing with level up valor in warzones - this issue on Ilum doesn't really matter. In the short run it sucks just cause we are getting owned by massive numbers.

I don't believe this to be true. This is what I believe is going to happen in the next few weeks:

Following the ease of gaining 60 valor, the new Sith Battlemasters will start making their way into Warzones. Repubs, who are behind, will go for days without being able to finish their dailies. They won't eventually catch up. They will give up, either not PvPing, unsubscribing, or rolling Empire for good.

Seen it in Warhammer on lopsided servers. Seen it in Rift on lopsided servers. Now, we'll see it here. What I don't get is why the same devs who have been on the STAFF of two MMOs like this that have failed are doing things exactly the same way as these failed games?

Implimenting such a rewarding World PvP system WITHOUT a system of checks and balances to keep populations fair is just moronic.

Edited by McVade

Considering I am on this server I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what is going on and a say in this thread...

You are 100% WRONG!

How is this fair? This gives Empire a HUGE advantage over Republic. All the people who worked hard (like me) got to rank 60 over time, they earned the right to wear the top end PvP gear. Now, here's hundreds of Imperials zergging, afking...doing nothing and they are getting rank 60. Now think about this, how many more Imperials are going to have rank 60 than Rebels? A lot more are going to...that's the exact problem. It creates a huge gear/rank imbalance between both sides AND it just makes doing the dailies horrible for republic. You saying they will not gear up faster is 100% WRONG again. They will gear up faster because they hit rank 60 faster through absolutely no grind whatsoever, while Republic has to work for it. Also it's just a major slap in the face to anyone who actually decided to work for their rank and take pride in it.

NO ROLLBACK = NO SUB. kthx

Edited by RoughRaptors

Considering I am on this server I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what is going on and a say in this thread...

You are 100% WRONG!

How is this fair? This gives Empire a HUGE advantage over Republic. All the people who worked hard (like me) got to rank 60 over time, they earned the right to wear the top end PvP gear. Now, here's hundreds of Imperials zergging, afking...doing nothing and they are getting rank 60. Now think about this, how many more Imperials are going to have rank 60 than Rebels? A lot more are going to...that's the exact problem. It creates a huge gear/rank imbalance between both sides AND it just makes doing the dailies horrible for republic. You saying they will not gear up faster is 100% WRONG again. They will gear up faster because they hit rank 60 faster through absolutely no grind whatsoever, while Republic has to work for it. Also it's just a major slap in the face to anyone who actually decided to work for their rank and take pride in it.

NO ROLLBACK = NO SUB. kthx

For starters you dont get valor for not attacking or healing..I tried this because I had to AFK to make a phonecall whilst my Ops was killing the republics.

I guess if you dont want to be killed you shouldnt go to Illum ?

Going to be some interesting fights come Tuesdays weekly pvp quests.