New Player, Learning Elder Game Schematics

Deweymaverick

Hi!

New player here, just hit 53 after the double xp weekend. I have my bio chem up to 450, but the only schematics I see for elder game implants really roll up to level 49 (I think) from the trainer. I cannot find (at least at the trainers) schematics for level 55 stuff. I've also looked at the GTN, and may just be having bad luck, but I don't see any implant (for 55) schematics there.

So, where can I learn those higher level schematics? I've looked at implants that people *ARE* selling on the GTN, but I can't seem to RE those and get a chance to learn how to build them - at least the those that i have bought, state on mouse over there's not a chance.

There should be a set of Premium/Green quality schematics from the trainer for level 54 implants. You have to craft these and Reverse Engineer (RE) them to get the Prototype/Blue quality versions and then craft and RE the blues to get the purples. These are considered the "entry level elder game schematics" for Biochem implants; They are roughly Arkanian equivalent but the stat distribution is not as good in most cases.

IIRC there is no way to get level 55 implant schematics, but if I am wrong then the only way to get them is to RE an existing unit:

1. acquire an Arkanian, Underworld, or Dread Forged implant token by running operations.
  2. turn in the token for an implant
  3. check to see if there is "research available"
  4. pray to the RNG gods
  5. RE the implant

Also there is a vendor in the crew skills area (next to the vendor mats NPC) which sells artifact schematics for Basic Commendations that are used to create 'Requires level 53' implants which have stats on par with entry level 55 artifact gear.

Some of the schematics are really good (I think the strength one has power / surge), though some have less optimal secondary stats (and for things like tank stats, are far inferior in mitigation stats to the level 54 implant schematics learned from the trainer and RE'd to Veracity).

Edited by DawnAskham

• 2 weeks later...
There should be a set of Premium/Green quality schematics from the trainer for level 54 implants. You have to craft these and Reverse Engineer (RE) them to get the Prototype/Blue quality versions and then craft and RE the blues to get the purples. These are considered the "entry level elder game schematics" for Biochem implants; They are roughly Arkanian equivalent but the stat distribution is not as good in most cases.

IIRC there is no way to get level 55 implant schematics, but if I am wrong then the only way to get them is to RE an existing unit:

1. acquire an Arkanian, Underworld, or Dread Forged implant token by running operations.
  2. turn in the token for an implant
  3. check to see if there is "research available"
  4. pray to the RNG gods
  5. RE the implant

This does work -- I just got the Arkanian War Leader implant schematic, but only the Arkanian, Underworkd, and DF implants are RE-able. The others are not. This means you'll need a progression group to get a shot at any of it.