Which class has the best storyline, in your opinion?

ksaf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say in my personal order they would be:

IA

BH&SI-tied (also very close to being tied with IA for the best)

SW

Smug

JC

I wasn't able to get past the first 10 levels of commando during testing to really know if it gets any better. I was bored out of my mind with every aspect of it and found it to be a chore just to get to level 10. I also never tried Jedi Knight so I have no idea as to how that story is.

Edited by Rehneu

From what I've done my ratings are this:

1. SW (50 DS) - awesome from start to finish.

2. BH (41 DS) - I don't find myself hating video game characters often, but Tarro Blood... wow.

3. IA (27 LS) - I keep hearing act 2 is good, but I'm just unable to keep playing IA for some reason.

4. SI (34 DS) - Not a fan, just started act 2. seems more interesting, but still confusing.

5. Smug (14 LS) - couldn't get into it.

I hear the trooper is really good too, so that's on my to-do list

3 I've completed, and the order is:

Imperial Agent >>> Sith Warrior >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sith Inquisitor.

Yes, the differences are that massive. The Inquisitor story was just horrible, Agent was awesome, and Sith Warrior was good.

I think Jedi Knight would be cool too, maybe I'll level my Sentinel more some day. I hear it's the most epic at least. Was even written by the guy who wrote the Darth Bane books! Can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Edited by Boissi

Sith Warrior (LS) was my favourite. The story kept me interested from start to finish. The Bounty Hunter (LS) and Sith Inquisitor (DS) storylines were enjoyable as well.

I played my Imperial Agent past the beginning of chapter 2 before I had to give up on it - too many cover-related bugs :\ Which was a shame, the story was definitely starting to get interesting.

Jedi Consular is kind of disappointing so far. And Smuggler still has yet to really grab my attention with it's story.

Edited by relayinabox

so far what I play

SW (50) Really cool history

IA (50) Same is just u can't stop playing cos u want to know what happen.

SI (50) Its a cool history I play LS so I don't know what happen in the DS

JC (35) I can't play this thing boring history

Smug (40) Another cool history

RT (25) so far a good history

I haven't play the other clases but I will play a JK after.

I have not finished any storylines yet, but have gotten far in SW. Its an okay storyline, though I feel like an errand boy the whole time. Playing DS you get to do some sadistically fun things!

BH seems alright, just got off the starter planet

IS is the most fun, and I am still in act 1. It's just keeps you in and you want to know what happens next!

I should probably play a republic character at some point...

My Jedi Knight is only level 15 and it's much more interesting to me than my level 24 Inquisitor.

Jedi Knight's starter planet was actually FUN, compared to the rest which were boring and a chore to get through.

See I think Tythons the most boring planet of all...I guess is a matter of opinion.

AT the moment my pick is :

SI

BH

Trooper

Smuggler

JK

Consular

Didn't get too far or deep into the AI but the whole killing and following terrorist screams 24 to me.

Edited by vsalcedo

Got my SI to 50, and well I enjoyed it honestly..and I'm hungry for more content..but otherwise..I've started a bunch of alt's which im switching between..IA, SW,BH & even a trooper..[though I dont like being on the republic side...]

so will see how that goes, :o:ph_cheers::sy_empire:

Darth_Reyeja-Kâli

I've played several classes, although some further than others, but my take would be:

1) Sith Warrior - The story was gripping and kept me interested from lvl 1 to the end. Of all the classes, this was by far the best.

2) Trooper - I tend to prefer the Force sensitive class stories, but this was extremely well written. After Act 1, I think it loses a little bit of it's punch, but still very good.

3) Sith Inquisitor - Pretty good, but lacking in some areas. By no means anywhere near as good as Sith Warrior, but still decent.

4) Jedi Consular - On par with the Inquisitor. Not good, but not bad. Just ok.

5) Imperial Agent - playing this class to 50 was extremely difficult. With the bugs with cover, to a mind-numbing story line, which after Act 2 goes straight into the toilet, I considered giving up all together.

6) Smuggler - Just bad. Plain bad. There's nothing about this story that I like.

Sith Warrior is where it's at, especially if you go full dark. It's what Star Wars is all about.

I haven't done much levelling but here is my opinion;

1) Imperial Agent (Level 50) - Amazing storyline. Act I was great, Act II was slow to start but amazing throughout and the end... Just amazing.

2) Sith Warrior (Level 32) - A fairly good storyline. Still haven't finished Act I but I can guess what happens... Which is the problem with it. You know what's going to happen and how it's going to end.

3) Jedi Knight (Level 24) - Fantastic so far. I'm not usually a 'light-side' guy, but it is really good. I can kind of predict what will happen but there's a part of me that has no idea.

4) Bounty Hunter (Level 26) - Good, solid storyline. Haven't got very far through Act I so I haven't really seen the best of it. I can see it being a very good story if I can commit :p

5) Trooper (Level 14) - Ugh. Getting off of Ord Mantell was a chore. The end of it was quite good, but the rest was boring. I can't see myself levelling this until very late on. I want to though, I can see it having great potential.

6) Sith Inquisitor (Level 14) - Korriban was fun. But I can see myself becoming an errand boy throughout most of Act I.

That's all I've tried. I need to stick to one character but I just can't! Most of them have good stories I just want to do them all.

Ugh...I think I picked the worst class story-wise to level...the smuggler.

I was so pumped about playing my own Han Solo...and the gameplay was great...but the story was very bland...villains were horrible, and there's never any urgency...and at the very last moment, a twist and plot device are added that feel very tacked-on.

After grinding through the smuggler, started IA (15), BH (10), SW (5), and JK (12) alts...all four storylines are developing better than the entirety of the smuggler story through level 50.

The SW and IA stories have intrigue...SW almost from the start and IA very soon after leaving the origin world...

The JK story is epic and makes you feel like a special part of the ongoing TOR story.

The BH has some nice starting twists that really sink you into the story.

The smuggler story has none of this. The only good parts are some nice witticisms and the Risha romance.

I will do this by order of class I have progressed the farthest with their story.

1) Trooper (Lvl 50) - Your typical soldier story (rescue missions, destroy superweapon, defeat defectors etc) kind of lost some of its appeal by the end of chapter 1. It has its moments (the highly controversial Jaxo moment, the epic opening fight in the final quest of chapter 2 where you get to fight alongside all of your companions)

2)Smuggler (lvl25) - Interesting, I have always liked the Han Solo side of things. I should play this more to see where it goes.

3)Bounty Hunter (lvl24) - So-so, the main enemy for chapter 1 is really annoying.

4)Sith Warrior (lvl18) - Great so far, it succeeds in immersing myself in the role of a true sith just like in the movies. :D

Agent is the best that I have played to date other than that, SI and Trooper are tied for second, Smuggler looks good (finished Nar Shadaa last night), I havn't been able to get a JC off of Corasant yet and I am only on Nar Shadaa on my JK so I don't know about them. Agent, SI, Trooper, Smugger in that order from best to worst.

My sw was gettin kind of blah but I got back into it and if it wasn't for building up rest xp I would play it all day and night. It gets super curious at about 1/2 through act 2.

My jk is ok...just seems too expected

Ia I want to progress more cuz it seems interesting.

Si I Havnt played much past lvl 12

And my smuggler is fun to play but kind of a slow start so far. (lvl 18)

And my darkside consular has me wanting to play more but I just went through those planets with my jk and smuggler so it will have to wait

Act 1 for the Trooper is very good, it has a lot of punch to it, and after that, it tends to be more of a typical soldier story, "fight the bad guy against impossible odds", but it is not bad.

I am liking the Smuggler Story pretty well, just wish I could get rid of that XS Freighter.

The Jedi Knight seems to lack the flow that the Trooper one does, you are facing an entirely new threat once you get off of your first planet, there's like no "lead in" even in the prologue! Same issue the Act 1 -> Act 2 Trooper Story has.

I honestly think that this is an impossible question to answer, as all questlines (that I've gotten anywhere in) have really different feels. Again, I haven't gotten all that far on many of these, but, here's my take:

Empire side:

Sith warrior appeals to those who want to be the awesome, bad ***, head of the galaxy. You're the chosen one. You're worshipped, feared, and adored. The storyline more or less comes down to this. You don't need to be clever or crafty as you're a freaking Sith. EVERYTHING can be solved with a lightsaber.

Sith Inquisitor: You have to be a lot craftier than the warrior. You're an underdog, but still an underdog with mystical powers. (Someone I know compared this to playing Tabris after Cousland in DA:O). There are more twists and turns, and more of an underdog feel.

Bounty Hunter: You really are just after the money. (Or possibly revenge.) It's not a super subtle story, more the feeling I've gotten is that you're out to either make money, kill those who bother you, or both. Great for when you just feel like killing something.

Imperial Agent: This is really a story for masochists. From the moment my agent got off the couch after her affair with Master Tlan, looking pained, I should have grasped that things were going to end up poorly. A few torture sessions, **** threats, and psychotic episodes later I *really* should have gotten the message. If you're okay with that, though, it's a complicated story where eventually everything makes sense. (Sort of. Maybe. If you totally over analyze. It's the kind of story that appeals to people who freaking over analyze everything.)

Republic Side:

Jedi Knight: You are Superman, the ultimate hero, saver of puppy dogs and kitty cats. People turn on you, but in the end, you defeat them as they were *bad guys*. And you totally save the galaxy, as you're the good guy.

Jedi Counselor: Slightly more shaded than Jedi Knight, but you can still be sweetness and innocence personified. (Or a Machievellian schemer, when the choices allow you. Sadly, not as often as I'd like.)

Trooper: Seriously, you are Commander Shepard from Mass Effect. If that's okay with you, it hasn't been bad so far. But like...that's what you are. With a gung ho supporting cast who all seem drawn from the pages of super nationalistic comic books. One of my friends loves this storyline, but does admit that it's pretty straight forward "kill the bad guys".

Smuggler: You want hard cash, and you want it now. Whether you're the cad with a heart of gold, or just after a good pay out...that's pretty much what you are.

Again, I could be mistaken as I've only gotten far past the prologue on agent (which I've finished). But it's enough to be pretty sure that different classes appeal to different people. I almost can't make myself finish bounty hunter - while I keep itching to roll a second agent (and really want to finish trooper and counselor). There's a different flavor to all of them, though, so which is "best" seems kind of silly, as I know people who rave about each storyline (and those who hate each). It seems to be more of a "what fits your own personality" type thing.

Played every class so far to about the end of act 1 (some further than that).

1) SW. Imo it's the best story line. Makes you feel like a bad mofo from start to finish.

2) IA. Another really good storyline. I can definetly see how some people would argue for this to be #1.

3) BH. This is where it starts to be a bit more debatable. A lot of people think the story here is repetative. But I think it does, exactly what it's supposed too.

4) Smuggler. Actually it's not the class story that I like so much that I put this at number 4. It's really the awesome one liners, slap stick humor, and care free attitue of the class that really sets it apart from the rest.

5) Trooper. I'm playing this class atm trying to hit the end of act 1. Almost there. It's a decent story so far. Nothing great, but not bad by any means.

6) JK. If you want the Luke Skywalker experience then this maybe for you. My problem with this, is I always felt obligated to pick light side options (with very, very few exceptions every now and then) playing a jedi. This kind of took away from the enjoyment experience, that someone like the Sith Warrior had, who was able to pick either light side or darkside options as I saw fit, and be able to justify them, with out feelign guilty of not playing the class as it's ment to be played.

7) SI . This is a real tough one. Not really a fan of the story, but if I had to pick between this and the JC one. Then this wins out, simply for the fact that I don't feel obligated to pick purely light sided options because I'm playing a Jedi, and feel like I'm completly gutting the class. Just as with the SW, there are times, when light side or dark side options are very justifiable. Even if you are suppossed to be evil.

8) JC. The only thing that really kept me playing this class to the end of act 1, was the fact that I had a female JC, with the princess leia slave outfit. I know it's a mockery to the Jedi to go around in a ****y little outfit like that, but honestly I kind of stopped caring, and needed to find a way to force myself through it all. I suppose the fact that most of the gear is moddable was a huge plus, as it was much easier to mod gear and upgrade it, than it is to just update gear normally, but yea worst class story imo. Maybe it gets better later on, but for now the JC is on hold. A long long hold.