Is there a /exall function in this game?

HattoSinthe

If not, can we get one? I don't know anyone on here and I'm not too keen on talking to strangers.

There are no speech-bubbles only a chat window. Close it completely or right click on the tab and turn off all chat types you don't like (general, group, guild, whispers) and you don't have to see what other players write.

You will still see other players, of course, but since they are not visible in your conversations or cutscenes that shouldn't be too much of a bother. And should playing solo ever get boring, give us a chance, we don't bite... well at least unless you're the undergeared ***** who singlehandedly ruins the op / wz for the 7 pro-gamers in the group. :p

Edited by Mubrak

Did they finally fix it so that "open world" cutscenes don't show passing players?

It's quite rare when players "bleed" into your cutscene (they need to enter the area between two camera switches,) and it's even rarer for it to happen at a point where you can't just hit ESC and start again. It's not like in other MMOs where the cutscene plays in the actual world and other players and their pets can crowd around the talking NPCs so you can't even see them. (Especially bad in ESO where they use this for elaborate story cutscenes.)

Edited by Mubrak

There are no speech-bubbles only a chat window. Close it completely or right click on the tab and turn off all chat types you don't like (general, group, guild, whispers) and you don't have to see what other players write.

You will still see other players, of course, but since they are not visible in your conversations or cutscenes that shouldn't be too much of a bother. And should playing solo ever get boring, give us a chance, we don't bite... well at least unless you're the undergeared ***** who singlehandedly ruins the op / wz for the 7 pro-gamers in the group. :p

I am deffo undergeared, and I am not competent enough to join any factions or whatever. Still, i find it annoying when some unloved faction leader whispers me about how lucky I am to be selected for their faction and mails me a goodly block of text about it and suddenly my keyboard shortcuts aren't working because some desperate faction leader I don't know randomly chatted me, and then they get the auto-reject and figure out it was all just a big waste of time.

I am unaware of the ability to block whispers, because if this were with the other options I'd have had it selected. I have all my auto-rejects on, but I'd like to see this feature maybe extend to mails as well. Seems like the only mails I get are from a spammer wanting to use a dubious website to buy credits. Well, I keep reporting them, and a few days later it happens again. Seems like this could be a potential solution to the endless spams.

I am deffo undergeared, and I am not competent enough to join any factions or whatever. Still, i find it annoying when some unloved faction leader whispers me about how lucky I am to be selected for their faction and mails me a goodly block of text about it and suddenly my keyboard shortcuts aren't working because some desperate faction leader I don't know randomly chatted me, and then they get the auto-reject and figure out it was all just a big waste of time.

I am unaware of the ability to block whispers, because if this were with the other options I'd have had it selected. I have all my auto-rejects on, but I'd like to see this feature maybe extend to mails as well. Seems like the only mails I get are from a spammer wanting to use a dubious website to buy credits. Well, I keep reporting them, and a few days later it happens again. Seems like this could be a potential solution to the endless spams.

You can't block them as such, but you can make it so they aren't visible in the chat window. Right click on the chat tab you use and use the menu that appears.

Be aware, though that people trying to whisper you will get the impression you are rude because it will look, to them, as if you are deliberately ignoring them. In a way, I guess you are, so that impression isn't far from accurate, except that they might think you saw their whisper and chose to ignore it.

• 3 weeks later...
You can't block them as such, but you can make it so they aren't visible in the chat window. Right click on the chat tab you use and use the menu that appears.

Be aware, though that people trying to whisper you will get the impression you are rude because it will look, to them, as if you are deliberately ignoring them. In a way, I guess you are, so that impression isn't far from accurate, except that they might think you saw their whisper and chose to ignore it.

Fair enough.

Oh my, no need for circumlocution, I am doing exactly that. I think it might be beneficial to both myself and the greater community if my whisperers got a red auto-reply that informs them that I have them on /ex, am ignoring them, don't want to chat privately/receive mails, whatever.

I willfully don't want to chat, party, role-play anything but an aimlessly wandering and buffoonish and incompetent mime, join your faction, give you my referral code, use your referral code, play PVP with you (in fact I neither accept or decline these requests, but tend to get myself killed, ideally by jumping off of something, so that everyone can can just watch my toon die and avoid the hassle of actual pvp, which I am neither equipped for nor interested in), accept a key to your stronghold, visit your stronghold, join operations that I would just get kicked from, follow strategy guides, talk about your real life, talk about my real life, have cybar with you or access any content that is not reasonably available soloing.

At one time I did half-way want one or more of those things but have since learned that talking to strangers here is the opposite of fun, whereas avoiding them like the plague is kind of fun! I have to wonder how many times the establishment will mimic making characters faster than me before their futility muscles get tired, before the dead horse is beaten into pferdwurst. Seriously, not only do I know its a put-on, I still have no interest in partying. Especially not with YOU.

Is there a polite way to broadcast an intent to solo and a general disinterest in interactions?

It would save my stockers lots of time. So far naming characters things like "Mhimee" and using a mime item at people when approached is the best I've come up with. Miming is my contribution to this game btw. I mime at people. Maybe I'm trapped in an invisible box, or maybe I'm just dumb in game. Who cares? I don't.

To be honest, I'm not someone you'd want to talk to anyway. I do things like vote for Donald Trump every day on the Internet, because Making America Great Again involves destroying labor unions, who have gotten so bad to industry that Henry Ford's company is no longer going to manufacture automobiles. Let that sink in.

I believe true things like NASA is the last remaining vestage of Nazi Germany still in operation (as it was founded as a direct result of Operation Paperclip, and is therefore a continuation the Nazi V-2 Program and also because hard to see the dark side ist!).

So, um yah, nothing to see here anyway.

You could use the /dnd function.

That way everyone whispering you will get back an automated response you typed in setting your character in "do not disturb" mode.

I use it for raiding for example by typing " /dnd busy with raiding" so people know I'm not ignoring them when I'm unable to answer during an encounter.

It won't stop them to be able to whisper you, but with the previous advice about the chat windows that should work well enough to let them know you don't want to interact without any need to type more than the /dnd mesage after logging in.