State of Game Current player levels?

Ad-Astra

Been away for a while, and planning on returning, have kept up my subscription which has been going since beta, but, how busy are the servers? How helpful are the players? Don't see much from the devs on these matters, and it concerns folk, mmo's need constant support, updates and a maintained player base, but how much do we actually know, with battlefront just around the corner, is that going to impact this? Will we see a drop off of game players or support for this from the company, or is just not worth worrying about, if any moderators or devs read this, is there any chance of having these fears but to bed, can you update us with firm facts n figures , what's our player base like? On us and euro servers, what's the longevity plan if there is one, wow and eve are probably the longest running current mmo's, can this game still compete, or is the money running out, I want to see this game thrive but the f2p version tbh is aweful, too restrictive to entice new players, so what's the plan long term?

In 2013, EA purchased a 10-year extension to the license agreement they had at that time, giving them exclusive rights to certain types of Star Wars video games through 2027. In other information that has come out, (can't remember if it was dev tracker, or somewhere else), it was mentioned that development of another game had been canceled and BW was putting a full team to work on SWTOR. Furthermore, the new Star Wars movie is bound to generate additional interest in SWTOR.

In 2013, EA purchased a 10-year extension to the license agreement they had at that time, giving them exclusive rights to certain types of Star Wars video games through 2027. In other information that has come out, (can't remember if it was dev tracker, or somewhere else), it was mentioned that development of another game had been canceled and BW was putting a full team to work on SWTOR. Furthermore, the new Star Wars movie is bound to generate additional interest in SWTOR.

The cancellation of Shadow Realms perhaps? I know the two shared the same community mods at least.

Good to here, looking forward to Tuesdays planet, I hope they continue for the foreseeable future.

OP the game is much better than it was after release and the months after. Unfortunately MMOs are doing really bad atm and the communities in them are pretty antisocial, filled with trolls or credit spam.

It's really hard to get a flashpoint group now. I used to love running them but you're lucky to get a group for one in an hour on the harbinger server.

If you like PVP it's great and if you enjoy great story telling in an MMO that feels like a single player with little player interaction besides general chat you will enjoy this game. If you're looking for a game with a large population, fast queues and frequent content updates you should stick to games on steam.

how busy are the servers? How helpful are the players?

You can see the server population in a low/medium/high/very high kind of way here on the webpage.

Regarding how helpful players are it is like the real world, you got to find the good ones and stick with them :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar

OP the game is much better than it was after release and the months after. Unfortunately MMOs are doing really bad atm and the communities in them are pretty antisocial, filled with trolls or credit spam.

It's really hard to get a flashpoint group now. I used to love running them but you're lucky to get a group for one in an hour on the harbinger server.

If you like PVP it's great and if you enjoy great story telling in an MMO that feels like a single player with little player interaction besides general chat you will enjoy this game. If you're looking for a game with a large population, fast queues and frequent content updates you should stick to games on steam.

I disagree about the trolls. I think the most vocal are the trolls, at least on the forums. In game, whether it's SWTOR, or one of the many others I play, the people I talk to and group with are almost universally nice and helpful, with a few exceptions. The exceptions are the vast minority.

Ok, I've been away and coming back is there anything I should.be aware of, I.e. I heard there was a robot that now supports you in fp's, is that for just one or all?, strongholds- are there any more.benefits to keeping one going? Alot of the big story fp's I've not done, one with sandstorm if memory serves is one I could never get round do doing , can these be soloed or do you still need to group? Any advice on restarting would.be appreciated, think I've got a level 55 in ok pve gear. Having said that, could be problematic as out of date. Cheers in advance.

The cancellation of Shadow Realms perhaps? I know the two shared the same community mods at least.

Shadow Realms Shared and SWTOR shared Community teams, Lead Designers, Creative Editors and their Head Developer.

BW is still working on a yet undisclosed "other property" and seeing as how they really only have SWTOR, Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition out in the wild and being fully supported I can't see them not working on at least something else. There is no way that a EA is ok with 3 studios (Austin, Montreal & Edmonton) focusing 1 mmo, and 2 single player games that have multi-player options. I mean it is possible that EA has decided to take a Blizzard approach with the BW properties and just keep updating, upgrading and making them really shine, but honestly that isn't EA's history.

I think that is what gamers today want though. I think gamers are willing to continue playing the same game for years as long as there are frequent improvements and content updates made, especially MMO players.

To the Original Poster; play, play, play and play some more. Form your own opinion after many, many hours of game play. Don't let anyone elses experience in SWTOR be a deciding factor in your enjoyment of the game. We are all biased as to what we like and no 2 gamers are exactly alike. So just play and enjoy!

The Helper droid for Solo FP's makes them fun and passable with just you, the droid and a companion. Strongholds are what you make them I enjoy my strongholds, but I have guildmates who just think of them as a utility. Ops still require a group, but I have guildmates that enjoy seeing how far we can get with the fewest # of players in the OP. If you are hoping to get better gear join a guild, one that is dedicated to helping everyone gear up and achieve completion of SM ops.

Shamless plug: if you are on the Jedi Covenant server look up Souls of Fate, we are the type of guild that I mentioned.

Edited by RiVaN_