Crit/Surge/Power Caps?

nuclrhorseradish

jbrdude and I are currently parsing data to find the necessary amount of power before crit and surge take precedence.

So this is interesting. Did you mean accuracy instead of power? As a base modifier to all other damage output power makes sense, but I also did not put accuracy in here, and I have recently started to put some focus on it - if you aren't hitting, then ultimately crit, surge, and power all would be failing to live up to the potential as we wouldn't be getting the most bang for the buck using the rationale that if you don't hit, then all that potential damage gained from surge, crit, and power go away simply by missing? There is also the question of alacrity, and determining what the cap is for it, though I think alacrity is going to be the lowest priority stat? Unless there is a massive increase from snipe cast, sos ticks, etc..

So maybe the priority is Accuracy to "cap" -> power -> Crit to "cap" -> surge -> alacrity?

Rough estimate from sithwarrior.com

1. Accuracy, up until soft cap
  2. Surge, up until 200
  3. Crit, up until 300
  4. Cunning
  5. Crit, up until 400
  6. Surge, up until 250
  7. Power
  8. Crit, beyond 400
  9. Surge, beyond 250
  10. Accuracy, beyond soft cap

It's nothing final yet, and it's near impossible to make solid stuff without combat details; but this is as close as it gets at the moment. And the reasoning behind it is solid.

Power sucks quite a bit.

For myself I put these easy guidelines to start with:

Surge > Crit > Cunning > Power; that's just for leveling where I don't need accuracy.

Edited by _Nyth

Rough estimate from sithwarrior.com

1. Accuracy, up until soft cap
  2. Surge, up until 200
  3. Crit, up until 300
  4. Cunning
  5. Crit, up until 400
  6. Surge, up until 250
  7. Power
  8. Crit, beyond 400
  9. Surge, beyond 250
  10. Accuracy, beyond soft cap

It's nothing final yet, and it's near impossible to make solid stuff without combat details; but this is as close as it gets at the moment. And the reasoning behind it is solid.

Power sucks quite a bit.

For myself I put these easy guidelines to start with:

Surge > Crit > Cunning > Power; that's just for leveling where I don't need accuracy.

Surge is never > crit because for surge to be effective you need Crit.

IMO as a healer(similar concept except you need Acc) i do Crit>Power>surge, i don't count cunning.. because its a given on my equipment.

• 2 months later...

Crit first then surge power is negligable.

Crit has no diminishing return.

Surge has a stacking diminishing return after 73% crit multiplier - means the bonus you gain from it gets much worse the higher you go. This includes relics/adrenals.

I know a sniper with 45% crit chance and 77% crit multiplier

510 crit rating

didn't ask what his surge rating was but I know with 169-180 surge rating it's ~70-73% crit multiplier.

At 70% crit multiplier a 220 crit and surge relic has the following effects

Crit is increased by 6-7%

Surge Crit Multiplier is increased by 7% (77% crit multiplier)

This sniper hits 7k crits regularly and is in end game gear full rakata or BM.

He stacks crit and surge and has nearly 1000 max primary damage that's 1000.00 on his max damage... it's actually like 970-980ish

Crit first then surge power is negligable.

Crit has no diminishing return.

Surge has a stacking diminishing return after 73% crit multiplier - means the bonus you gain from it gets much worse the higher you go. This includes relics/adrenals.

I know a sniper with 45% crit chance and 77% crit multiplier

510 crit rating

didn't ask what his surge rating was but I know with 169-180 surge rating it's ~70-73% crit multiplier.

At 70% crit multiplier a 220 crit and surge relic has the following effects

Crit is increased by 6-7%

Surge Crit Multiplier is increased by 7% (77% crit multiplier)

This sniper hits 7k crits regularly and is in end game gear full rakata or BM.

He stacks crit and surge and has nearly 1000 max primary damage that's 1000.00 on his max damage... it's actually like 970-980ish

Crit does have a diminishing returns, all stats except power have diminishing returns. What makes it look like crit doesn't is most of your crit comes from cunning and not crit rating. Crit rating caps at 30% (hard caps) crit from cunning or primary stat caps at 30% surge is not worth stacking past 75% (imho) the DR gets to heavy for to little gain. Power never ever suffers from DR's.

THis is why at a certain point power becomes the best stat. From what I've seen it's around 40% crit and 75% surge. Accuracy is borked. I can sit at 95% accuracy or 99.9% and see no misses to any specials. the only thing that will see a miss is rifle shot which is such a small amount of dam it's not even worth mentioning.

• 4 months later...