Voidstar - exploit, please fix asap

PloGreen

I dont honestly know what people think is acceptable behaviour in pvp in this game with regards to exploits but having just witnessed what I have done in the voidstar I was in I would ask the devs to fix the exploit in question.

I've played this game for over a year and I have never seen this before (you may well have done) and ill refrain from naming the player or the guild because I know them.

What happened was he was shooting lightning through the voidstar shields before the very last 2 doors - the ones that have three consoles to open them, interupting people capping. Positioning himself on the ramp in a certain way apparently there is a "gap" in the map in which you can fire/leap through the shields. He was stopping people capping by shooting through the shields and they had no way to stop him.

Personally I consider this sort of thing dodgy and I told him it was bad form. His repsonse was that he will exploit the map until they fix it, and he will use exploits because that's what competitive players do.

Regardless some of you may think this is fair game, its a fault in the map and theres nothing wrong with exploiting the map, but tbh I dont really agree with that at all. But rather than name the player I would rather the devs just fix it please.

Some might call it "competitive" - i would call it incredibly lame. Please fix it.

Edited by PloGreen

I dont honestly know what people think is acceptable behaviour in pvp in this game with regards to exploits but having just witnessed what I have done in the voidstar I was in I would ask the devs to fix the exploit in question.

I've played this game for over a year and I have never seen this before (you may well have done) and ill refrain from naming the player or the guild because I know them.

What happened was he was shooting lightning through the voidstar shields before the very last 2 doors - the ones that have three consoles to open them, interupting people capping. Positioning himself on the ramp in a certain way apparently there is a "gap" in the map in which you can fire/leap through the shields. He was stopping people capping by shooting through the shields and they had no way to stop him.

Personally I consider this sort of thing dodgy and I told him it was bad form. His repsonse was that he will exploit the map until they fix it, and he will use exploits because that's what competitive players do.

Regardless some of you may think this is fair game, its a fault in the map and theres nothing wrong with exploiting the map, but tbh I dont really agree with that at all. But rather than name the player I would rather the devs just fix it please.

Some might call it "competitive" - i would call it incredibly lame. Please fix it.

reminds me of a match I had where a sorc force sped across the first gap as defenders, then pulled a sniper, then stood los healing the sniper in cover as he shot at everyone trying to plant on both doors.

definitely bad form, but an exploit that's probably "Working As Intended" since they haven't patched it.

reminds me of a match I had where a sorc force sped across the first gap as defenders, then pulled a sniper, then stood los healing the sniper in cover as he shot at everyone trying to plant on both doors.

definitely bad form, but an exploit that's probably "Working As Intended" since they haven't patched it.

Not something I would do myself (shooting through the shields). I just dont understand how someone can justify that its fine to do that, I think the phrase "this is what advanced players do" was used. Advanced players should not have to cheat to win a warzone imo, and no matter how you dress it up this is what it is.

Typical MMO douchebag mindset. These people will do anything and everything they can just to win because there are no consequences. If they had to look others in the eye doing this **** it would be a different story, but when they sit in mommies basement wearing a pink tootoo and ballerina slippers, giggling over the keyboard getting revenge on all those who bullied them in childhood.....Oh...I digress....you get my meaning.

Typical MMO douchebag mindset. These people will do anything and everything they can just to win because there are no consequences. If they had to look others in the eye doing this **** it would be a different story, but when they sit in mommies basement wearing a pink tootoo and ballerina slippers, giggling over the keyboard getting revenge on all those who bullied them in childhood.....Oh...I digress....you get my meaning.

I may love you.....:)

You mean he pulled him through the force field? Sorry, I don't get the scenario you're trying to describe.

You mean he pulled him through the force field? Sorry, I don't get the scenario you're trying to describe.

I think what he's saying is the Sorc force ran and jumped out of the first spawn when defending and pulled sniper to him on the top of the middle partition. I've been up there and it's over 30 m to the doors. Maybe a marksman sniper could still reach them but I seem to remember targeting people up there and they were 40 m away when on the doors.:rolleyes:

And btw I wouldn't consider this an exploit at all, just a wise use of map design, if that is its even possible. Personally I just jump up there a lot at the round start to get a birds eye view on which door they're hitting.

And it's pretty useful if your pugging and you quickly notice too many went to defend one side. Pick out a high priority on the other side force pull up ( as a TankSin) then KB to the other side. Presto, numbers are evened out.:D

:csw_bluesaber::csw_bluesaber:

just a wise use of map design

I completely agree with this, its like there being a wall with a hole in it. He is just going through the hole even though it's not meant to be there.:cool::csw_bluesaber::csw_bluesaber:

Edited by Tmaxxz

:csw_bluesaber::csw_bluesaber:

I completely agree with this, its like there being a wall with a hole in it. He is just going through the hole even though it's not meant to be there.:cool::csw_bluesaber::csw_bluesaber:

Ah, you must be one of those old Pubs who used to arm the doors in VS before the match started.

Or the guys who cap NC nowadays before the game begins. They too say it's not an exploit but a smart move.

I suggest you go all the way and DL that little program Gingers has released.

Or perhaps a nice lag switch instead? I hear netlimiter is very good.

Where is the spot that you can shoot through shield?

Not sure exactly where you aim for - simply because I dont do it myself. Basically, its the very last room on voidstar. When you die as a defender (his team were defending) and you leave spawn behind there are 3 shields (with 3 consoles) that can be opened by the attackers. You are not supposed to shoot through the bloody shields as a defender and stop them capping, especially when the opposition cant shoot you back. He was halfway up the main ramp and he was able to hit everyone capping the consoles and they could not do anything about it.

Not sure the exact spot, I honestly dont care for trying to get people banned etc (though it makes me question what else a player would do just to win), I just think if the maps have "gaps" that can be exploited I would kindly ask the devs to fix them, because otherwise its going to cause conflict (and it did briefly).

Thing is the guy must have gotten this info from somewhere, but in a year never seen anything like this before. If this is the new trend - that players exploit maps to win and this is what sets the "advanced players" (lol) apart from the decent ones, I think they've lost the plot personally. The irony was they would of won anyway imo, it was a very close fast voidstar but they (he) had to do that to clinch it.

Like i said to him at the time bad form, but like I said at the start of the thread some of you might think its acceptable to exploit maps. I just see it as cheating.

EDIT: having just looked at the shields there appears to be a gap at the bottom of the shields that you can shoot through by postioning yourself in the right spot on the map. So you can only shoot through it from one way - the ramp on the defence side. Its too low to shoot through from the attacking side which means the defenders can stop you capping and you cant stop them doing it.

Edited by PloGreen

Or the guys who cap NC nowadays before the game begins.

hah, this happened to us the other night, some imp managed to 3cap NC before the match began, somehow got out of his team's spawn and capped all 3 nodes.

But yes, no such thing as hacking/exploits, never existed. :rolleyes:

I think what he's saying is the Sorc force ran and jumped out of the first spawn when defending and pulled sniper to him on the top of the middle partition. I've been up there and it's over 30 m to the doors. Maybe a marksman sniper could still reach them but I seem to remember targeting people up there and they were 40 m away when on the doors.:rolleyes:

This. And snipers have several 35m abilities and a 40m ability.

And btw I wouldn't consider this an exploit at all, just a wise use of map design, if that is its even possible.

It is an exploit, especially if you're stealth and sitting up there telling your team which side is capping. That = unfair advantage.