Discord Streaming SWTOR - Does It Work Fine For Everyone Else?

ebbehhm

Ran into an issue today when trying to stream the game - it doesn't stream the audio. Which was sad because i was sitting there telling a mate how good the voice acting is in this game compared to other MMO's and when i try to show him that its the only thing that can't be shown.

I've looked through a few places and i've seen this issue be mentioned but no fix, including on discord related forums / technical support.

I don't even have the slightest inclination as towards what could be causing this. Played with pretty much every setting i can in discord, mandatory stuff like running in admin both SWTOR and discord, removing from detected games, re adding, etc.

I should iterate that all other games are working fine with audio when streamed its just SWTOR, so i was interested to see if other people have got this issue before and if you've managed to fix it?

Another possible fix - get into Preferences (in SWTOR) and under audio settings check the box for "Background Audio".

That setting allows the audio from SWTOR to continue if you switch 'focus' to another screen or app such as a browser.

Maybe it applies to streaming as well. 🤷*♂️

Edited by JediQuaker

Yea it doesnt work, tried a variety of settings, all points out to a swtor issue. Saw a couple of threads around other places and the same conclusion. Something in swtor won't let discord grab audio.

found the thread i saw -

This is a common issue. To fix, I had to close out the game and discord entirely, meaning going to the discord icon in the active programs tray and right-click and quitting out.

Then, go to the discord.exe, rightclick and go ti properties, and set it to always run in administrator mode.

Now run discord, then start game. Works every time 99% of the time.

• 2 months later...

Can confirm this issue. All other games stream with audio perfectly fine, except for SWTOR. Ran both discord and SWTOR in admin, reset each in order, reset computer. Nothing.

All drivers up to date, hardwired 1,000 maps internet on top of the line hardware.

Just another small example of why I shouldn't have bothered coming back.

• 1 year later...

I can confirm this is a valid fix - as far as getting discord to work.

Its complete bull in terms of the reasoning and utterly asinine as to why the devs did this.

But the fix works.

Be warned - you may see some degradation to a point in-game - but its no different without the fix honestly.

• 1 month later...