Competitive Interest in Republic PvP

xMaranathax

Ok, so I think Whiskey has done a great job at getting the ball rolling about Republic PvP. What is happening in reality though, imo, will only cause drama. Imps running dailies to carry the reps for a few hours wont fix anything. And from what I have seen, aside from whiskey, the imps form premades, do their dailies, then head back to impside.

So, I would like to see how much interest there is in MAINING repside PvP with the intent to form a serious competitive PvP guild. With a discussion with a good scoundrel healer, we agreed that the main issue seems to be more that Republic side PvP doesn't offer a competitive PvP guild that draws serious PvPers to this faction. The after math being that the serious PvPers head impside to join the competitive guilds.

<Titans> was the closest Rep got to "competitive" PvP.

I think we can all agree we dont want that kind of drama back.

If thats the case, then you can live with having bad PvPers on repside and continue to get carried by Imp alts. You have to create a reason for serious pvpers to be there, or else what will happen is what already has. Marketing is huge.

<Titans> was the closest Rep got to "competitive" PvP.

I think we can all agree we dont want that kind of drama back.

Not gonna lie, I have no idea who <Titans> were. lol

Names that stick out from dead guilds that were competitive on rep side? <The Azure Blades>, <Game Genie>, <Inconceivable>, <Zen>, and I'm sure there are a couple that I'm missing. But vaguely do I remember any guild tags with <Titans>. Was like a random member here and there and that's it, but I wouldn't use competitive unless you were in ranked somewhere and stuck with it. No offense but you're over inflating it a bit.

<Gank you very much> is recruiting serious pub pvpers right now.

<Gank You Very Much> is recruiting but like to pvp with you first. Also if <Republic> want to group for some pvp matches as if some guildies arent all on, were all down. Ik Wilker and Visoka qued with us. Also looking to do Group Ranked real soon.

Whisper me, Easpeax, Okonoko, or Kuiper to que

PS Shoutout to Pubs who qued for solo rank. Ggs, some of them lol :p

Razdaa-----Fançy

<Gank You Very Much>

Edited by Jamesupinspace

No offense Sting, but I won't join because I don't care for that name. :rak_03: And on top of that, and this is all on me, nothing against you, but I can't stand healers that don't even know how to hard CC someone attacking them. Like I said, all on me.

As far as <Titans>, I never really heard of ya either, nor did I see much of you around. I'm with Bast'rus on that one.

And Bast'rus, yes, those are the guilds that left their mark. The guilds that I would consider a competitive PvP guild. Long term, I would like to see something like that again. Of course, Rome wasn't built in a day, and anyone who thinks that this will be to that level anytime soon is dreaming. Squad 6 play together a long time before they became Game Genie.

In all honesty, I would love to see a guild like the original <Azure Blades> before the <Zen> break off.

To become a competitive pvp guild, there has to be a number of things, voice comms, practice and the ability to give and take constructive criticism. It would also have to screen applicants and well to be honest be stringent in it's selection of new members.

I vaguely remember seeing <Titans> right before I quit (around this time last year), after transfers opened up and everyone left.. Not really competitive at that point, and I don't recall any regs domination. Edited by RGMetal
toning down the evil

But vaguely do I remember any guild tags with <Titans>. Was like a random member here and there and that's it, but I wouldn't use competitive unless you were in ranked somewhere and stuck with it. No offense but you're over inflating it a bit.

TEH 20 million credit ranked pvp tournament

Put up or Shut up (Thaeus Rant)

Its all good man, this all may have flown under your radar as it mainly concerned ranked at the time. This was all going down like 6~7 months ago.

Titans and BotS had been making huge progress in ranked 4 and 8man way back during the start of pre-season 1. Problem was win-trading, and thats what Thaeus eventually flew off the handle about. Dont want to beat the dead horse, so all that jazz is dead. Lets leave it that way.

GG and Zen where way back in the day!!! Good times! Brings back fond memories of the Impside guilds Hex and DragonForce.

Edited by WhistDarkblade

TEH 20 million credit ranked pvp tournament

Put up or Shut up (Thaeus Rant)

Its all good man, this all may have flown under your radar as it mainly concerned ranked at the time. This was all going down like 6~7 months ago.

Titans and BotS had been making huge progress in ranked 4 and 8man way back during the start of pre-season 1. Problem was win-trading, and thats what Thaeus eventually flew off the handle about. Dont want to beat the dead horse, so all that jazz is dead. Lets leave it that way.

GG and Zen where way back in the day!!! Good times! Brings back fond memories of the Impside guilds Hex and DragonForce.

There wasn't 4 man in pre-season... I ran back in pre-season and have titles on both sides. Don't think I ever saw you guys in the queue. lol Ever. lol

He got his clock cleaned by Char. lol

Yep. Couldnt take the heat, hopped servers over to Pot5. Last I heard things didnt go well for him and deleted his toon.

Throwing out a quote from Qui-gon: "There's always a bigger fish."

Edited by WhistDarkblade

This is an interesting idea. All of the jabs I have rrad in this thread aside, I am curious if this has gone anywhere as of yet?

You see FOTM pvp guilds come and go all the time of on Impside. I do not recall any such guild(s) recently on repside. Big names of the past such as GG, Incon and Zen were truly fantastic and it is ashame that they no longer really exist. There would certainly be "more balance in the galaxy" if they were.:eek:

tat swim team has been running around on pubs lately, i would transfer my guardian over if group ranked ever popped :(

If you move quickly, you can catch the team ranked matches going on this week on Jedi Covenant. You'll find some good comp from about 4-5 teams.

That's a large exaggeration.

No turn out for the double comms this week? LD-fifty, Postmortem, Knights of Havoc, Resurgem, Assimilation and Working as Intended can all put together some decent teams certainly better than what I've seen here... and I saw on forum they were trying for (at least) Tuesday and Wednesday for group ranked.

That's a shame if they couldn't get it going...

Edited by ace_boogie