Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get rid of Unranked timer for leaving and let us select the matches we want

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Get rid of Unranked timer for leaving and let us select the matches we want

DiabloConDios
08.02.2020 , 09:22 AM | #1
I don't like some of the maps, just don't. How can implement a timer for leaving matches early, but not allow to just select the maps we want to play. Like operations or flashpoints.

merovejec
08.02.2020 , 11:11 AM | #2
I have to say I like the way it is now. You need wins to proggress weekly so you are forced to win (to try) and if you give up and leave (desert) you get punished. So now, everyone should be trying his best.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

Gelious
08.02.2020 , 11:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
.So now, everyone should be trying his best.
In the ideal world, maybe. In ours? When it will become obvious that their team is losing, people will just hide in stealth or go chill at one node their team still has.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Phazonfreak
08.02.2020 , 12:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DiabloConDios View Post
I don't like some of the maps, just don't. How can implement a timer for leaving matches early, but not allow to just select the maps we want to play. Like operations or flashpoints.
As they told us in the Livestream, they actually plan on giving us the option to pick the desired warzone later this year when they update the PvP system. I think together with the new deserter lockout timer this might be a good thing.

DarkTergon
08.02.2020 , 01:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
I have to say I like the way it is now. You need wins to proggress weekly so you are forced to win (to try) and if you give up and leave (desert) you get punished. So now, everyone should be trying his best.
unfortunately , it's not that simple. If you get stuck with a bad team, no matter how good you are, you won't win, or if you are up against a premade, chances are you still won't win. It should have stayed 2 points for a win, 1 for a lose. People would still try to win, but if it doesn't happen, at least you still get some points, and advance the weekly.
The lockout timer, I agree with, to a point. It's needed to stop people going in to a match, and leaving because one team scores, so they bail, thinking they'll get in to a better match, or other such reasons. But because you can't choose which map you play, it also affects people who drop because they don't like the maps.
It should be like GF, you can choose your all maps, and have a new bonus quest, or just choose the maps you like, and not get the PvP GF mission.
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ