Rishi Datacrons

aristein

Something needs to be done with these. While I have been camping for over an hour now killing pigs waiting for a champion pig to spawn, I was talking with guildies. Lots of them had horror stories (i.e. camping for 5 hours and no champion pig ever spawning). That is just not fun guys. If you want to make the datacrons difficult to get, fine. But spending all day just camping waiting for a spawn to appear....only to have to do the same thing not once but 3 times??!! come on!

The mission is difficult enough if you just get rid of the regular pigs and make a champion there....no waiting for him to spawn, he just spawns there...100% of the time. You still have to do that 3 times, then run all over getting buffs, etc. That is still more difficult and time-consuming than 95% of other datacrons. Just make champions spawn 100% of the time....i.e. it is always there unless someone just killed it, then you have to wait a few minutes for respawn.

This camping nonsense is just braindead stuff. Change it please. We don't need that kind of thing in the game.

/not signed

It's not supposed to be easy. There are plenty of easy ones, and if people want Rishi datacrons, they need to camp there until it spawns like everyone else has done. That is part of the hunt. At least they are now unlocked legacy wide, so we don't have to do it with all characters anymore. Everything in this game is already too easy, but at least with some datacrons you still need to work for it.

If you want to make it a bit easier though, have a group of people camping in different spots and/or instances. Then share when you get all three items. That's what my guild did back in the days when we wanted it.

...they need to camp there until it spawns like everyone else has done.

Right, because it's not like a lot of the people who have them didn't get them when they were bugged and you didn't have to go through all off that.

OP, swapping instances helps in getting the grophet drops, that's what I did when hunting them, while that does mean going into the PVP instance the player population on Rishi is usually so low there is very little chance of running into another player.

I don't sign this, not because I already have them, but because datacrons are not a part of the game designed to be "fun". They are extra hidden achievements that reward players' skills, in this case commitment and pacience. I actually prefer to see increased the difficulty of other datacrons before lowering this ones.

I don't sign this, not because I already have them, but because datacrons are not a part of the game designed to be "fun". They are extra hidden achievements that reward players' skills, in this case commitment and pacience. I actually prefer to see increased the difficulty of other datacrons before lowering this ones.

They are designed to be fun, like all of the game. There's nothing wrong with wanting it to be a reward of skill. But sitting in an area, camping a spot for not just 1 pig, but three is a chore, a waste of time. He didn't ask for it to be easier, just not tedious. He still wants the challenge of fighting the champ, just not the waste of time waiting around for a spawn, that may or may not take ages. And before you claim I want it easier to get it, No I don't, I have it already, and i don't think people should have to waste game time, sitting around scratching their nuts.

They are designed to be fun, like all of the game. There's nothing wrong with wanting it to be a reward of skill. But sitting in an area, camping a spot for not just 1 pig, but three is a chore, a waste of time. He didn't ask for it to be easier, just not tedious. He still wants the challenge of fighting the champ, just not the waste of time waiting around for a spawn, that may or may not take ages. And before you claim I want it easier to get it, No I don't, I have it already, and i don't think people should have to waste game time, sitting around scratching their nuts.

Again, datacrons are not a part part of the game that everyone has to do. They are extra achievements that are hidden and designed to be hard to obtain. Most of them are a reward for skill (usually jumping or falling in the right places) The Onderon "Indiana Jones" datacron also tests your speed. And there are other examples. The Rishi datacrons test your patience, commitment and perseverance. If you lack those and are not willing to be there a whole day to do it, you won't get them. But you don't need to get all the datacrons to have fun playing the game.

So, in my humble opinion, the difficulty level or the level of "sacrifice" for every datacron should be enough to cause that some players do it and others don't. I did the Rishi ones last week and obviously it was frustrating at first. I had tried before and quit. Those are not my favorite datacrons and probably they shouldn't do this kind of "pacience challenges" in future ones. But, for me, it felt very good when I finally got them.

Edited by LordVitalus

I agree. I did it alone too. You have to be patient.

For how long? Seriously, I sat there for 2 hours. Another in my guild sat there for 5 hours! No champion spawned (and yes we killed the little pig each time it spawned). So what would make you feel satisfied that players have "paid their dues"? 10 hours camping at each one? 20 hours camping at each one (i.e 60 hours for all three). Just sitting their hour after hour after hour? When would it be ok for a guaranteed spawn to happen? Never? Don't play the game, just sit there day after day waiting for a pig to spawn?

You guys are bitter and petty. You managed to get it (probably when it was bugged, but definitely not from 7 hours of camping at each spot). So, now you don't want anyone else to have it because you wouldn't be "special" anymore...telling people just to sit there for freaking days!!

For how long? Seriously, I sat there for 2 hours. Another in my guild sat there for 5 hours! No champion spawned (and yes we killed the little pig each time it spawned). So what would make you feel satisfied that players have "paid their dues"? 10 hours camping at each one? 20 hours camping at each one (i.e 60 hours for all three). Just sitting their hour after hour after hour? When would it be ok for a guaranteed spawn to happen? Never? Don't play the game, just sit there day after day waiting for a pig to spawn?

You guys are bitter and petty. You managed to get it (probably when it was bugged, but definitely not from 7 hours of camping at each spot). So, now you don't want anyone else to have it because you wouldn't be "special" anymore...telling people just to sit there for freaking days!!

Nope, I sat there for hours, too. Some Dadacron are easy and others hard to get. If you don't feel like waiting, then just leave it off.

I'm getting annoyed with the Onderon Datacron forever. (The one with the high rocks.) And I do not ask for nerf.

This datacron was designed to be that way, so nothing's gonna be done about it. Be thankful you don't have to compete with other players, with such a wonderful RNG in place, like it happened back when SoR launched. Rishi is a barely populated planet, so it's mostly you and the mobs. Especially if you go PvP.

It's a completely skippable activity, so if you don't like it, no one's forcing you to go through it.

I don't know if it was bugged. I did it a week or two ago, and costed me more than 10 hours. There are ways to make it faster, as the change of instance someone has mentioned before. I did it by changing the screen to windowed an spending the day doing other things, coming each 5 minutes to kill the grophet when it spawns.

And I have to say it again because you don't understand what datacrons are. You don't have to get all the datacrons. They are optional achievements for those who want to collect them. If you think it is a waste of time, just don't do it.

So basically everyone believes this is the way a game should be then? Sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to recommend this game to my friends. Oh yea, you just sit around for hour after hour and hope you get lucky and a a spawn appears. It's so fun, it's so exciting, it fires my imagination!

You'll never convince me that this is the way a game should play. "optional" is no excuse. I don't mind that some things are hard and you can choose to do them or not. But I refuse to accept something that only a few players are able to do (i.e. there is no way in hell everyone can get the rishi datacrons). It's a brain-dead activity and there isn't enough spawns for everyone to do it. End of story as far as I am concerned.

This is the kind of **** that makes people rage-quit. Yet you all treat it like something to be proud of..."yea I sat their with my brain turned off for 10 hours...ain't that great! Yea it is designed that way so only a special few elites like me can sit there for 10 hours staring at a screen where nothing changes so I can hit a button every 5 minutes. Yea, it's a super special achievement". Un-***********-believable!

So, on a somewhat more positive note, I read through the guide on Dulfy to get these datacrons: does that still apply today? I want to do these, and from what I've read in the forums, they sound like a pain. Are they attainable now? Not asking if they're easy; just asking if I can get them without major bugs.

So, on a somewhat more positive note, I read through the guide on Dulfy to get these datacrons: does that still apply today?

Yes. Provided you have the patience. Or you can cheese it. There are plenty of videos out there, explaining how to, but you'll miss on two legacy titles ("The Wolf of Rishi" + "Lord of the Oceans").

I want to do these, and from what I've read in the forums, they sound like a pain.

They really are a pain, if you try to do them the way the developers intended.

Are they attainable now? Not asking if they're easy; just asking if I can get them without major bugs.

They are not bugged, despite the fact that topic starter continues to insist on them being bugged. Just follow Dulfy's instructions and you should be fine.

Word of advice: if you're adamant on doing it "the Bioware way", after you get each Data Packet, drop them off in Cargo Hold, so you won't accidentally sell them as a junk. Because the required items are labeled as a junk.

I camped them about three days. I did some other stuff every now and then, but mostly camped on the locations, because I wanted them, and my guildies wanted them.

Now you want them to be handed over to you without any effort, and you call me (and the others who don't support your idea) bitter and petty? Really? /facepalm If we're going down THAT road, I'll just call you entitled and lazy. If you want them, get camping.

Yes. Provided you have the patience. Or you can cheese it. There are plenty of videos out there, explaining how to, but you'll miss on two legacy titles ("The Wolf of Rishi" + "Lord of the Oceans").

They really are a pain, if you try to do them the way the developers intended.

They are not bugged, despite the fact that topic starter continues to insist on them being bugged. Just follow Dulfy's instructions and you should be fine.

Word of advice: if you're adamant on doing it "the Bioware way", after you get each Data Packet, drop them off in Cargo Hold, so you won't accidentally sell them as a junk. Because the required items are labeled as a junk.

Noted and thanks for the advice. Next toon I get to Rishi, I'll be tackling the datacrons; probably on a night where I can stay up for a while.

• 1 year later...
So basically everyone believes this is the way a game should be then? Sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to recommend this game to my friends. Oh yea, you just sit around for hour after hour and hope you get lucky and a a spawn appears. It's so fun, it's so exciting, it fires my imagination!

You'll never convince me that this is the way a game should play.

I think I agree with you more, waiting several hours seems just silly!

I remember when I first started doing Datacron's, how frustrated I'd get with many of the more complicated Jumping games. I'm still missing one on Coruscant, yet all other 13 planets i've gotten them all; that is until Taris, missing one on Republic, and two on Empire side.

Sure I've gotten better, yet still often find several that take a lot of effort to get. I know this is a subject of great passionate people, yet having to wait several hours for something to spawn seems a little sad.

Hopefully they'll have improved just the chances of them spawning by 5%, still that only slightly improve it.

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

I'm sadly waiting for 'The first Grophet' now and even try killing his same species around him doesn't seem to help...

The worst part is their is 3 of them you got to find, and it's just a large amount of time.

----

Few days later I'm only at the 2nd Grophet and been spending almost 1-2 hours on average for each Grophet Champion.

╘ they really need to increase the spawn chances even by 5%.

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

*sigh*

Finally finished yesterday, and thank goodness!

NOTE: I also discovered if you do this in a Group with 2-4 others, it can benefit you by speeding it up!

Cause the Data Packet's aren't bound, and if everyone gets 1--different ones, got to be certain then trade them all to Leader--each should have a slightly different color to them. Then you can go to the Skull, provided your in a Group or Ops Group! Then continue following your Guide. Groups work better if you have some in different instances as well, provided you know what Grophet everyone is doing and where. Then keep track of the ones to give to Leader, who should have one of three different colors before continuing onward!

Then go to the skull and then find or sort thru the trash. Group only works though if you stay in group till the end though, or meet back each day at same time. It works on honor system.

I verified this yesterday! So hopefully that HELPS some speed this up a bit... ...still the spawn times are a bit crazy!

TEAMWORK helps a lot on this ONE, maybe by design we just never realized it.

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar