Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Your joking right? You gonna nerf BH??

NightHawke
03.08.2012 , 07:21 AM | #101
Wow. You guys are thinking the sky is falling. That article only says a nerf is coming.

We ALL know a nerf is coming to BH and Trooper. Tracer Missile in how it is working now is flawed. Plus other things that need to modified. I wouldn't go so far as to saying a nerf is needed, but the entire mechanic needs to be brought back to the drawing board.
Dark Legion's Empire Jung Ma Server

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

NovaTera
03.08.2012 , 07:24 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by NightHawke View Post
Wow. You guys are thinking the sky is falling. That article only says a nerf is coming.

We ALL know a nerf is coming to BH and Trooper. Tracer Missile in how it is working now is flawed. Plus other things that need to modified. I wouldn't go so far as to saying a nerf is needed, but the entire mechanic needs to be brought back to the drawing board.
it says its a bh nerf not merc nerf, so i would guess its not tracer missile that is getting nerfed.
YaY For the animation change !
Thank you BioWare!

DavieDe
03.08.2012 , 07:26 AM | #103
it also says all classes are getting changed wait for the patch notes and see what isa said than rather then jump to conclussions
a Dwarf stole my "I like the game and thats all that matters" sign

LordExozone
03.08.2012 , 07:30 AM | #104
Explosive Fuel is over the top, but that is pretty much the only thing from which I can say its overpowered. Tracer Missile spam is boring, but not really that insanely powerful and not much difference between that and the lightning spam of sorcs.

I wish they would just make +defense and +shield a bit more viable in pvp, instead of blatantly nerfing classes that do too much damage.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

NightHawke
03.08.2012 , 07:30 AM | #105
Yes and when scoundrel/operative were "nerfed" it was Smuggler and Agent.

Semantics hoss.

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

SkuzBukit
03.08.2012 , 07:34 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
It may also just be the stacking TM debuffs we have which wouldn't be a big change.
Pretty sure you are right on that one.
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21

NovaTera
03.08.2012 , 07:36 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by NightHawke View Post
Yes and when scoundrel/operative were "nerfed" it was Smuggler and Agent.

Semantics hoss.
As far as i remember it always was mentioned as a scoundrel/operative nerf, and not smuggler/agent ?
Thank you BioWare!

NovaTera
03.08.2012 , 07:39 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by SkuzBukit View Post
Pretty sure you are right on that one.
like hsm benefits from more then 5 heat sig ? then why not a bh and trooper nerf ? i think if we are to speculate, we have to see what both bh have that is so much better then trooper. personatly i would go with DfA
Thank you BioWare!

NightHawke
03.08.2012 , 07:40 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by NovaTera View Post
As far as i remember it always was mentioned as a scoundrel/operative nerf, and not smuggler/agent ?

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.1/1312012

Smuggler

Scoundrel
Flechette Round: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.
K.O.: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.
Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Imperial Agent

Operative
Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.
Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.
Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

the_coaltrain
03.08.2012 , 07:49 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by NovaTera View Post
like hsm benefits from more then 5 heat sig ? then why not a bh and trooper nerf ? i think if we are to speculate, we have to see what both bh have that is so much better then trooper. personatly i would go with DfA
I think people are reading too much into what was said during an interview. Very possible it will be both Trooper and BH but only BH (dark side) was on mind of speaker. Also it may have also been related to just Merc or just PowerTech (and oppsing faction classes).

It makes me upset they are starting to nerf the least played classes before worrying about balancing the most played classes. This is mostly playing favorites right now. I'm all for going first, but let's be speedy about hitting the force users.

I'd really like to see tanks fixed in pvp before crying about the damage dealers though. I play a vangaurd and merc (both 50) but VG is my main. I find it extremely easy to deal with most mercs as they do not pick good places to begin turret style play. It's a good dmg dealer but really I've seen other classes to the same, just far less spammable.