Starparse Troubleshooting

jordyjakey

Hi all, i've used starparse fine for the last 3 years. But recently it stopped working, when I click parse the button turns green and says parsing but no numbers are coming up. Also when I click raiding it turns yellow and says waiting. Ive made sure combat logging is turned on, ive tried uninstalling all the files and reinstalling, ive checked to make sure that the files are being saved to the right folder and made sure the path is accessible and actually exists, i tried deleting all the combat logging files that were in there and still nothing. When I contacted starparse they told me to do everything listed above and came to the conclusion that it was something outside of sttarparse and they couldn't do anything to help. Anyone have any ideas what else I can try?

I've recently read somewhere in this forum that for some people their antivirus programs blocked the writing of the combat log files into the intended (sub)folder in documents. They got it working again by adding the folder to the exceptions of their antivirus program.

Also check in general if the folder somehow might have gotten messed up writing rights as in suddenly being 'read only'.

Everything seems to be fine in my antivirus that im using. So I decided to muck around a bit a restored all of the old combat logs from the rubbish bin to see if that would do anything. This time when I click parse a random old parse of nim df from 3 months ago comes up. When I click raiding I can also join a raid team this time but still no new parse numbers come up. Just the old ones...