Taris(Empire) - No Escape - Disable the Spaceport Shield Generator

MasterGking

So I've already reset this quest multiple times as well as the Phase. It's impossible.

I trigger the console that is supposed to deactivate the shield.

The quest updates: Locate Vesh (whatever her last name is)

However, the force fields are still up and there's nothing I can do about it.

There are no solutions online. It needs to be patched.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I got the same issue. Never had it before. After moving the cursor around I am able to get the little hand to activate the console.. but the console itself is bugged as well.. it takes a while before the hand shows up... but then when I went to continue the quest... the shields are no longer there but invisible walls... I cannot access the areas inside the spaceport... I tried resetting the mission, abandoning the mission and resetting the phase to no avail...

• 4 weeks later...

OK so here are my 2 cents, for those of you stuck on turning on the console, come at it from the side, for me it worked approaching it from the left side, then move your cursor on it till it turns into a hand, if it doesn't work from the first Rclick spam that and move the mouse back and forth on the spot. it will work eventually :)

Forgot to mention, MAKE SURE YOU GET REALLY CLOSE TO IT, TO THEM POINT THAT IF THIS WAS IRL YOU WOULD BE HUGGING IT LIKE A LONG LOST LOVER! :)

PS: don't expect bug fixes or replies from our beloved Devs on this thread, you have a more realistic chance to establish a colony on one of Venus's Moons then to get a useful reply, not because they couldn't give you one, they just don't care enough about your plight, also they have really bad Customer Service, and coming from someone who works in a CS department... Bioware/ EA's CS is Doggy Poo :)

Edited by Trolldalot
NOTE

• 7 months later...

bug is still her I managed to activate the console by spamming rclick but now I have OP's bug where it says to locate thana vesh but forcefields are still up. did anyone ever find a workaround?

SOLUTION: I loaded into another character then loaded back into said character with issue and force fields were gone

TL;DR spam click console from left side to activate then if they are still up swap to another character then back again and forcefields should be down

Edited by AlysonPeacecraft
SOLVED

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...