The Eyeless successfully 2-manned! (in 8-man SM)

So we were a little bored with the Rakghoul Resurgence event, having farmed it heavily last time, so this week instead of joining one of the many 8-man/16-man PuG groups, we decided to try to two-man The Eyeless.

We first tried it in 16-man mode but had trouble dealing with the adds. They had so much HP that the current ones were not yet dead when the new ones spawned. So we switched so 8-man SM and one-shotted it. I'd be so bold and say that this is a world first kill, but this isn't really that much of an achievement since I'm not sure if anyone even attempted this yet. I don't think it is possible to 2-man him in 16-man SM or even HM with the current gear, but I'll gladly be surprised if someone managed it. :)

The boss fight itself was not that difficult -- the Eyeless has no berserk timer and the green voids disappear after a few minutes. In total, I only had to put out 2,270 EHPS, but there were quite a few damage spikes. The main problem was keeping up concentration for the 64 minutes the fight lasted. This was definitely the longest fight I ever did (previously, our 30-minute Gravak'k two-man kill was my longest fight), and I am happy it is over. :rolleyes:

I'd definitely recommend this fight to anyone who wants to practice their rotation, and energy regeneration over a long fight. This also requires you to coordinate with the tank very well, and you need to be good at positioning to drop the voids at the right spot and still stay in range to the tank.

Here's our video as proof: http://www.twitch.tv/theeho/c/4833685. The group consisted of:

Edited by Jerba

Wow, 64 mins of the Eyeless. Congrats on having a great attention span :)

I soloed 8-Man SM Annihilation Droid XRR-3 years ago by ducking and covering behind one of the pillars. Took me about the same amount of time (he was enraged for most of it). But I still have my screenshot:p

Edited by AshlaBoga

Thanks for the nice replies! :)

Wow, 64 mins of the Eyeless. Congrats on having a great attention span :)

Any boss fight this length always requires a lot of attention, especially when a few seconds of doing nothing can immediately lead to a wipe. I remember watching videos of Proving Grounds Endless in WoW where players wiped after like 2 hours of constant play because of a stupid mistake like a wrong keystroke. This definitely makes me appreciate their world records. :cool:

I soloed 8-Man SM Annihilation Droid XRR-3 years ago by ducking and covering behind one of the pillars. Took me about the same amount of time (he was enraged for most of it). But I still have my screenshot:p

Yeah, I saw one of those videos before, not sure if it was you or someone else. At least you could still go AFK for a few seconds in between, we had to stay alert the whole time. :eek:

Last time, I tried two-manning it with a sentinel as the tank. I think it was probably doable, but we both would have needed to get very lucky in a couple places. Two-manning it with a real tank would have been much much easier. :-) Congratulations!

When we were in 16-man SM, the Shadow first tried it with DPS gear, and it was very hard to heal. Just the normal melee attack of the boss was hitting for like 23k, and his other abilities were hitting even bigger than that, in total around 5.5 DTPS. Once we realised this, he quickly put on tank gear and it was more easy to heal.

I suppose he does not hit this hard in 8-man SM, but then again, this will be very tough on the healer. I don't think we could have done this without the many tank CDs, but please prove me wrong if you can do it. ;)

Edited by Jerba