Alacrity and Merc Healing

-Eternal-

So I"m looking to put a secondary suit together for pvp BH healing and was wondering what you BH healers prefer as your 2 complimentary stats (crit, alacrity, surge, accuracy etc). While alacrity is many times associated with healers, is it really useful with BH healing?

For you and the next n-times this same question pops up, please use the search feature, there has been multiple threads and I believe that the people who have thought about the issue are no longer repeating the same answers time and again.

In short: IMHO alacrity is great. Opinions vary, as do healing situations.

In full: use search feature.

(no hostility intended, just that there are page long posts about this and people won't type them out again)

For you and the next n-times this same question pops up, please use the search feature, there has been multiple threads and I believe that the people who have thought about the issue are no longer repeating the same answers time and again.

In short: IMHO alacrity is great. Opinions vary, as do healing situations.

In full: use search feature.

(no hostility intended, just that there are page long posts about this and people won't type them out again)

Still plenty of debate actually even among threads that are out there.

Crit or alacrity is the question though. Personally im trying to get activation time down on rapid scan. Right now its down to 1.7. I think with full rakata it might get down to 1.5. Not positive on this though. Especially when you add in the 4-piece set bonus,,having a rapid scan down to 1.5 is really going to make a huge difference. Not only will you have a fast rapid scan,,,yu will be able to activate supercharge faster and more often. Add this to the 4-piece bonus of more healing scans and emergency scans,,,,bh healing becomes a crazy strong healing class.

Alot of the debate comes in with heat issues and exactly how low can we take certain activation times. Although crits are very important,,to me it seems alot of added crit wont benefit as much as getting activation times down /

Edited by DukSaber

Still plenty of debate actually even among threads that are out there.

Not saying people are not talking of it, but that creating just another thread about it won't help do anything else than dilute it and get skimming answers. I have personally used spreadsheets to analyse the stuff, and posted my views in long posts, and won't be re-typing all that down. I also believe most of the verbose answers will suffer the same fate (as in not get re-typed).

This is a perfect example of skimmed answer regarding your crit comments:

Crit gets hit by DR fast, and tends to overheal in non-SNAFU situations, so IMHO better to relic for crit/surge and not go so high in them with static gear stats.

;)

I re-tooled myself at 50 as far as Alacrity vs. crit. I took the 2 points in the alacrity talent in the pyro tree, and the crit talent for +6% in the BG tree. On gear though, I stacked crit and surge. Right now I am at 31% crit and 78% surge rating, and I can say that my healing is much more effective compared to my previous stacking of power and alacrity.

I still have enough alacrity (with talents and a little on two to three pieces of gear) to keep the cast times down pretty low, and with the high crit rate, the +6% from talents is almost always up. My opinion is to stack crit and surge and use the talents for your alacrity.

And this is why you should read those other threads instead of just start new ones. These have been answered.

In short:

Crit 40% ish, surge 80% ish then

Power / alacrity, depending on whether you want burstability or overall

My "ops cleared pvp playing" healer opinion is controlled burstability = alacrity = most excellent.