Make annihilation more viable for pvp (specially Ranked).

James_Mcturney

Concentration/fury has a 6 sec huge slow each 16 sec, 2 immobilizes/gap closers on short cooldown (force jump/zealous jump), complete CC immunity 6 sec each 30 seconds, very nice defense from concentrated slash......

Why not give force melt a natural slow like 30% for its duration, it won't change a damm thing in PvE, as operation bosses will obviously be immune to it?

Maybe remove the 6 second cc immunity from force exhaustion and make it baseline of sentinel through some other skill, each 30 seconds, obviously won't work for PvE so whats the problem? Concentration/Fury is already very strong by its dps/burst capability, so it will still be top tier.

With those changes, people would be able to use carnage and annihilation more viably for pvp, as it stands now, people will kite a lot and cc you a lot, which makes stacking all the dots in a 9 second window pretty much impossible.

Edited by James_Mcturney

• 3 weeks later...
Concentration/fury has a 6 sec huge slow each 16 sec, 2 immobilizes/gap closers on short cooldown (force jump/zealous jump), complete CC immunity 6 sec each 30 seconds, very nice defense from concentrated slash......

Why not give force melt a natural slow like 30% for its duration, it won't change a damm thing in PvE, as operation bosses will obviously be immune to it?

Maybe remove the 6 second cc immunity from force exhaustion and make it baseline of sentinel through some other skill, each 30 seconds, obviously won't work for PvE so whats the problem? Concentration/Fury is already very strong by its dps/burst capability, so it will still be top tier.

With those changes, people would be able to use carnage and annihilation more viably for pvp, as it stands now, people will kite a lot and cc you a lot, which makes stacking all the dots in a 9 second window pretty much impossible.

^^^^ Yes. Give warrior some counter - cc. Its far to easily controlled for its mediocre damage output. :(

Annihilation Mara has a high skill ceiling, and it’s always been that way. It’s perfectly viable for PvP if you know how to kite and use your cool downs. Every class doesn’t need an “activate this to be awesome automatically” utility or skill. Not every class is designed to stand up and facetank the enemy while doing dps in the high hundreds of thousands or millions depending on what mode you’re playing.

I have done a lot of thinking about annihilation and pvp. I used to be on the cc immunity train as well, but then I started to think what really made Anni good in the early days. It was tankyness, the % health change to self heals hurt the spec and it hasnt really recovered in pvp.

I did a test with the victors set in pvp (20% heal on a kill) and it felt amazing when it went off the spec just felt right with it even though its a big dps loss.(not worth the dps loss). If they the % heal was reverted it would start to see way more play.

• 4 months later...
Not sure how to buff maras in order to not be tossed around like a rag doll and stunned to oblivion and back if you're not Fury, but i would LOVE a buff for the self heal. Not too much though, i would hate my chosen spec to become fotm for all sorts of reasons. Edited by Kaedusz

Not sure how to buff maras in order to not be tossed around like a rag dog and stunned to oblivion and back if you're not Fury, but i would LOVE a buff for the self heal. Not too much though, i would hate my chosen spec to become fotm for all sorts of reasons.

Maybe make Mad Dash different for all 3 specs- An addition to the 68 discipline ability.

Carnage gets a huge damage buff, so they get better aoe, which they lack ;

Annihilation gets a lower cd even lower with the talent and maybe a dot spread, for deadly saber this time w/e ;

Fury gets 1 or 2 more secs of cc immunity after Mad Dash finishes lmao.

If you give every spec cc immunity then they become closer to the same class. So Anni has heals to make up for lack of cc immunity, it needs a buff to % heal probably by 50%. That would bring a good heal game to 3.5k-4k HPS. Carnage should be reworked to be more like AP PT right now. Huge Burst but not good sustained and it should be front loaded not how it is in the current setup. PT's sustained damage needs nerfed anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Annihilation is viable in Ranked PvP but it’s fairly composition-dependent. Against a melee team, it does some insane numbers. Against ranged, not so much. It’s fine rn cause the meta is melee-heavy: you just have to play it as what it is. It’s a pretty free damage spec in regs too.

That being said, I do think the class is a nonfactor with Defel Spliced Genes in ranked cause of our DCDs, but that’s a personal thing. CC immunity would allow for Carnage to come back and make for interesting counterplay options, or even expanding the net effect on Gore would be cool

• 2 months later...
If you give every spec cc immunity then they become closer to the same class. So Anni has heals to make up for lack of cc immunity, it needs a buff to % heal probably by 50%. That would bring a good heal game to 3.5k-4k HPS. Carnage should be reworked to be more like AP PT right now. Huge Burst but not good sustained and it should be front loaded not how it is in the current setup. PT's sustained damage needs nerfed anyway.

Lol dude u do realize that every other class is essentially JUST AS FAST as maras right, Like literall with operative roll, Force speed, Shadow stride, Traverse, Imperial preparations, Mara doesnt shine at **** anymore. Take speed boosts away from classes with self heals, Operatives dont need imperial preparations if they can traverse, Perma stealth, Roll, and heal themselves, In pvp, Not to mention Nearly Global someone, Sins Need force speed, They cant heal themselves, Pure dps classes should have good chase and kite skills, Not classs that can maintain themselves via self heals