Revert this change please:

mattdell

Today on the patch, the in-launcher notes pointed to a change about the action bar buttons, and the timing of their "lite up". This change needs to be reverted. It is causing long-CD abilities to be lit up, with a tiny tiny CD timer, and I find myself spamming the same button over and over and over because the 1/2 millimeter remaining in the timer actually represents 15 seconds, yet the ability is lit as if I could use it. This is exacerbating your "ability delay" problems.

In my opinion this is a very short sighted change, and I recommend it be reverted immediately.

I made a recommendation in the suggestions thread regarding this very thing. Either you read it wrong, or this is an implementation of your own design.

I suggested that abilities that are dependent upon certain criteria be able to "lite up" while the GCD is active, if those criteria happen to be met inside the GCD window, such as 20% HP abilities.

What you did was make every ability "lite up", regardless of it's own internal CD, if the resources are available.

Two different ideas, two different directions. You went the wrong way.

Edited by mattdell

Yet another thread with pertinent game "fluidity" concerns being buried by complaints of less importance. It's too hard to get your thoughts noticed in this forum.

Liking this game is extremely tiring.

Edited by mattdell

To be fair, action buttons function the same way in WoW. Just last night I tried to mash my Ice Block on my mage to avoid a boss mechanic, only to realize it was still on CD, right as Hagara's ice wave washed over my now mangled corpse.

A radial display might be a touch better than the current one, but the issue still exists to an extent.

Edited by Orvish

To be fair, action buttons function the same way in WoW. Just last night I tried to mash my Ice Block on my mage to avoid a boss mechanic, only to realize it was still on CD, right as Hagara's ice wave washed over my now mangled corpse.

A radial display might be a touch better than the current one, but the issue still exists to an extent.

They function the same, as in they work with a queue system, yes. But the lighting up and extremely hard-to-see timer are both counter-intuitive to actual gameplay. I'm not sure how the dev's and QA team play this game, but it's not the same as anyone who actually pays for it.

I've been one of the vocal advocates that there really isn't an ability delay, simply a mix of different systems colliding into 1 failure. I've been playing perfectly fine, que'ing up abilities like a finely tuned machine. This new change has stomped me right in the fingertips.

Edited by mattdell

Who gives a crap what it's like in WoW? WoW? WoW! WoW! I never played WoW.Alot of people haven't.

Seriously.

Big red numbers that fill the icon box and countdown to 0. Easy to see at a glance.

Had add-ons been allowed, I would already have this.

I thought it would be hard to make the UI more horrible. Turns out it was easy.

Yup. Something as simple as this would be perfect. Along with maybe turning off the light-up if the goddamn ability can't be used yet. That would be great.