Guild Summit Day 2 NDA Lifted! Brand New 1.2 Info!

lollermittens

Don't have time to read the links (working currently) but whats this about?

Combat:

Legacy of Combat: Punch – Unlocks the unarmed combat function. Unlockable for 10,000 credits, legacy level 5, Valor rank level 5

Legacy of Combat: Jab – Unlockable for 15,000 credits, legacy level 8, valor rank 10

Legacy of Combat: Uppercut – Unlockable for 20,000 credits, legacy level 10,valor rank 15

Legacy of Combat: Bash – Unlockable for 25,000 credits, legacy level 15,valor rank 25

Can anyone explain what these do/what they are for?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in love with needing hundreds of thousands of credits and legacy levels. If you earned your legacy levels by playing lots of lower level toons, say all in the 20-30 range, you can get the legacy levels without having the credits. And since legacy is supposed to encourage you to play alts and not just run a toon to max and grind dailies all day I think it's a little to contrary of that vision to have the credit requirement too.

Combat:

Legacy of Combat: Punch – Unlocks the unarmed combat function. Unlockable for 10,000 credits, legacy level 5, Valor rank level 5

Legacy of Combat: Jab – Unlockable for 15,000 credits, legacy level 8, valor rank 10

Legacy of Combat: Uppercut – Unlockable for 20,000 credits, legacy level 10,valor rank 15

Legacy of Combat: Bash – Unlockable for 25,000 credits, legacy level 15,valor rank 25

This is just a little gimmick they included which will allow you to duel your guildies/friends/same faction with your fists!

Looks like they are fixing the smugglers kick in 1.2.

It's an asside comment just after their discussion of heroic moments and a few sentences past mentioning the smugglers kick ability. About the only thing the sentence could refer to, bad transcribing or disjointed thought who knows.

"Our Smuggler friends will be happy to know they can do that while moving now."

It's on the second page of the zoeller interview.

First, thank you to the OP for posting this. Second...

I wonder why pricing was made different for the different races? Are they saying it is more desirable to be a Mirialan as opposed to being a Zabrak?

no because those races for a half a million are available for every class.

Combat:

For unarmed combat. To be a Brawler.

So basically...Legacy System = Alt making excuse.

Yeah im not level 50 yet but it looks like its gonna be something for level 50s and their alts to enjoy...too bad i dont see any other classes I really want to play so its kinda wasted on me.

After reading the full interview, I'm sorry but Georg Zoeller simply doesn't seem to get it when it comes to Smugglers/IAs and specifically Scoundrels/Operatives.

He wants to write off that people aren't playing those classes because they don't shoot lightning or carry a lightsaber. That is almost insulting. While correct for some, that is not the overlying reason the classes aren't being played. They aren't being played because they are handicapped in many different areas. You want to play stealth? Great! But why go Operative/Scoundrel when you can can go Assassin/Shadow and get all their benefits plus a whole lot more? People aren't making that change simply for a lightsaber. There are actual advantages to it.

The interviewer specifically asked about the over-nerfing of the class and how most of it was buff stacking and Georg dismissed it. He really doesn't seem to think Operatives/Scoundrels need any consideration. At least that was the impression he gave in the interview. People may quit the game over a team of OP Operatives? What about losing Hutt Ball to a whole team of Force users over and over? What about having a class at level 50 that is considered a handicap for that WZ(and arguably Voidstar) and will have to fight for a spot on rated WZ teams? I guess Scoundrel/Operative players leaving doesn't matter. We only make up like 5% of the playerbase.

Edit: yeah I found that disconcerting too, about smugglers and ops. ^

Sure there are vanity characters, and sure the license for Star Wars is certainly paying off with those who subscribe to, well, play something "Star Wars" but those classes have a lot of clean-up to be functional.

I'm not in love with needing hundreds of thousands of credits and legacy levels.

Agreed, and I've got a lot of both. This system of theirs is counter-productive. In order to gain Legacy benefits you have to grind a bunch of alts to cap? I thought Legacies would help your lowbies. I remember the Jedi grind in SWG, but I don't remember that system appealing to anyone.

And what's with the repair bot costing a million? Is there anywhere you can fly that doesn't have a vendor right outside the gate? This is the sorta thing they should've just thrown in automatically or not at all.

Black market terminal only? That'd be nice, if not for the fact that 95% of our market trips are to the standard one in fleet. If every other kid with a 50 has a black market terminal right on their ship, it almost seems useless to make a distinction between the two.

If at 1.2 this is as poorly constructed as it seems, it'll be time to reevaluate. Thanks for posting the info and links, OP.

Edited by WilHyral

Achievement Mission Terminals :

Several Achievement Mission Terminals are located in fleets of the two factions that now unlock achievement rewards for doing certain flashpoints, operations, etc.

These feats require boss kills and more to unlock special speeder skins/colors.

So i take it pure pvpers are screwed on this?

That's what happens when you ignore the other half of the game...

I wonder why pricing was made different for the different races? Are they saying it is more desirable to be a Mirialan as opposed to being a Zabrak?

Maybe it's related to the number of classes already available to each species.

Alignment:

• Legacy of Sacrifice – Grants the use of the sacrifice ability to all characters. Injures your companion to instantly heal yourself. Requires level 50, Dark V, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

• Legacy of Unity – Grants the use of the unity ability to all characters. Unity reduces damage to you and your companion for a short duration. Requires level 50, Light V, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

• Legacy of Equilibrium – Grants the use of the equilibrium ability to all characters. Equilibrium increases damage and healing by you and your companion for a short duration. Requires level 50, neutral, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

so dark side gets the worst one and neutral gets something yet no special item vendor for them?

So to unlock Legacy stuff you have to have legacy levels and then pay credits?

Now, I remember reading that people who didn't have legacy levels could buy these legacy things with cash.

So really, is this either/or....or do people without legacy levels have to pay even more?

I'm just starting to wonder what these legacy levels are worth now because if you have to pay tons of credits anyways, it kinda devaluates the whole thing.

From what I understand, the cash options are alternatives to leveling an alt, not to leveling legacy. eg If you want a Sith Pureblood JK, you can level a Sith Pureblood to 50 OR level a human smuggler to legacy 8 and pay 1.5 million credits.

The cash on the other items seems to just be a credit sink.