Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How not to chase a GS...


Bolo_Yeung's Avatar


Bolo_Yeung
03.02.2015 , 03:06 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Asbetos View Post
Only a few things:
1) Funny how every time he got away or killed you, you say he was lucky yet you never seem to have been "lucky". It was ALL skill I suppose?
Skill helps luck But if this will make you feel better, I had lucky shots as well In no way I intended to suggest that it was a matter of pure luck, not skill

Quote: Originally Posted by Asbetos View Post
2) 2nd match: if you mean the Denon that I was in, I watched that both from B sat and Drako's stream. There were at LEAST 3-4 chases that ended with you blowing up in relatively fast.
*AT LEAST* 3-4 chases ended with blowing me up, yet... I had 3 deaths, with 1 on a starting Bloodmark. Remaining two I have described. Abd that was 'at least'
Maybe

Quote: Originally Posted by Asbetos View Post
Every decent pilot will be able to score a few kills before he's spotted, aces will score a few even after getting spotted, no matter what ship.
So in a match where all players are decent, everyone will have few kills before getting shoot down. Oh wait, thats impossible.


Quote: Originally Posted by Asbetos View Post
How can you even try to compare 8 scouts vs 8 GS with 8 scouts vs 4bombers+4GS? 4 bombers+4 GS is an almost balanced combo and can be defeated by it's counter (4 scouts+4 GS) or a fully balanced combo (scouts+GSs+bombers), provided the same skill levels of course.
Well, since I had ben told :
- 8 GS beats 4bomber+4GS
- 8 scouts beats 8GS
- 4bomber+4GS beats 8 scours.

I am trying to prove that - "8 scouts beats 8GS" isnt always as simple as '4 bombers + 4 GS beats 8 scouts.

Quote: Originally Posted by nyghtrunner View Post
OK, I'm at the point I really, really wish someone could lock this thread.
Then why do you keep it going? Am I forcing you to read it?...

nyghtrunner's Avatar


nyghtrunner
03.02.2015 , 03:56 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolo_Yeung View Post
Then why do you keep it going? Am I forcing you to read it?...
Right, I'm the one that feels compelled to respond to every single post someone makes that doesn't agree with my thoughts and ideas. You just kind of haphazardly slap this on to a play-by-play rebuttal of Asbestos and what he said.

I quit posting at page 4. I'm just stunned to find we are at page 9, and it might as well still be at page 4 for all the relevant info/content.

Feel free to respond to this comment, dissect it, and slant it to favor your opinion some more. I won't be reading or responding again. But at least that will allow you have the last word, which seems to be all you really want out of this entire thread anyway.
Master, I marked the best escape pod for your use. I of course, will go down with the ship.
Graendahl / Semírhage : Hawkë / Mierín

Bolo_Yeung's Avatar


Bolo_Yeung
03.02.2015 , 04:45 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by nyghtrunner View Post
Right, I'm the one that feels compelled to respond to every single post someone makes that doesn't agree with my thoughts and ideas.
But you're the one who demands to close the topic where someone is posting things you don't agree.... not me.

Drakkolich's Avatar


Drakkolich
03.02.2015 , 07:25 PM | #84
As much as play by plays are awesome I thought videos might be a tad better.

Here are the 4 games we played vs each other.

Game 1


Game 2

Game 3

Game 4


Edit: Just rewatched the videos, from my count the score was about 4-8 in my favor. I tried my best to make sure no one was attacking Rei-ko with both GSF chat spam and ops chat in the games. I however I had to fight threw a lot of pressure most games just to stay on him especially game 3 where they had 6 Gunships and he was kiting me threw them over and over.

From my perspective of watching these videos I really see how one sided this match up is. Often I finally finish Rei-ko off then kill 1 or even 2 other Gunships and are right back on him chasing him. In the second match I kill him while another Gunship is shooting at me and then go kill the other Gunship.

If you still think this match up isn't one sided Bolo I don't know what else we can do to change your mind. Anyways thanks for the fun 1v1's.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

NeverEvar's Avatar


NeverEvar
03.02.2015 , 08:37 PM | #85
Urt you lost, all vids shown that.

On Denon when you got your kill Drako was hit by a Plasma rail, and was on red hull.(Still Drako got to greedy- misplay on his end)

(In fairness someone ioned you once to)

In Vids 3-4 Drako was heavy focused, on the last Lost all my kills were guys going after him.

And if You failed to run before being shot down, it means You failed the chaise in the start.No more, no less.


So now You can move on to comlaining why 8 scouts cant break easily the 8 person bomber ball asuming that:
all scouts and bomber pilots have only one hand
an eyepatch
thier Voip loses randomly words, but non less then every 2 seconds.
also it translates the rest to Esperanto
And the weather is sunny

In other words: Gunship is not the anwser to every question. Unlees the question is:
Whats not the anwser to every question?

Verain's Avatar


Verain
03.03.2015 , 12:38 AM | #86
Mandatory translation to esperanto is actually a side effect of the ion rail debuff. We think it's a bug, but with ion railgun, who knows.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Bolo_Yeung's Avatar


Bolo_Yeung
03.03.2015 , 08:53 AM | #87
@Drako:

Well...

1st match we were pretty alone, you had been pressed by someone firing a missile at you in first scout-gs encounter, second and 3rd time we were pretty alone.

2nd match, my first death as GS - if you watch frame by frame seconds before your clusters blew my ship up - you can notice a trace of slug that hit me from behind about second before.Then your clusters got me from behind as well, despite being fired from the front (this is how the damage works... always from the *current* direction of the attacker)
Second death wasn't you - died by some GS shot... (though I think I would die in the end anyway... got red hulled before someone else forced you away; however, dunno how longwould it take)
Finally 3rd meeting - your mistake and losing a dogfight with a GS. Laughs at you :P (don't take it seriously)
However, some people saw "at least 3-4" failed chases despite my GS dying only twice, so maybe I have overseen something

In 3rd match I was asking others to stop chasing you as well. I guess someone was either trying to make his name by 'killing GSF ace' or maybe just farming KDR .

And in 4th match despite our requests, I was also under good pressure (7 deaths, only 4 by your shot... the match ending score says it all)

So, to conclude:

- In 1v1 T2 scout is better than T1 GS from moderate to good amount.
- However, GS chased by one scout and unattended by other can evade for a while and take a shoot for targets of opportunity sometimes.
- in 8v8 scenario, amount of that shoots would pretty soon disrupt the scouts ability to chase GS, forcing them to hide - in best case. With voice, they could warn remaining scouts that some GS are now free (so the other scouts can disengage, hide and after regaining engines - repeat the attack) - without voice, the warning would come too late.
Thus, 8scouts isn't a 'hard counter' against 8GS.

***

"And if You failed to run before being shot down, it means You failed the chaise in the start.No more, no less"
Would the ambush scenario happen in 8v8 battle? Doubtable.

Drakkolich's Avatar


Drakkolich
03.03.2015 , 01:15 PM | #88
My big problem with your conclusion is how much you are disregarding the fact that even when you kited me threw other Gunships I was still able to stay on your most of the time. The other thing is how often I'd deroost other Gunships while you were still on the move, sometimes I'd even kill them then continue chasing you.

See the big problem with your 8v8 scenario is you consider if 1 Scout dies then 1 Gunship is free to shoot and is just not the case. I'd say on average 1 Scout can probably keep 1.5 Gunships deroosted. This is where your argument really falls apart because even if 1-2 Scouts die the others are still stopping all the Gunships from shooting.

The other issue you talk about is taking pot shots here and there while running well shooting at evasion Scouts, those pot shots aren't going to do that much, even if you do hit them once you're not going to have time to kill them so minus a lucky crit it's going to take a long time for one to die to that kind of attrition.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

Bolo_Yeung's Avatar


Bolo_Yeung
03.03.2015 , 02:46 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
My big problem with your conclusion is how much you are disregarding the fact that even when you kited me threw other Gunships I was still able to stay on your most of the time. The other thing is how often I'd deroost other Gunships while you were still on the move, sometimes I'd even kill them then continue chasing you.
In which game? And again which pilots?
A good scout pilot will not have much problems with keeping even 3-4 GS busy, that's for sure.


Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
See the big problem with your 8v8 scenario is you consider if 1 Scout dies then 1 Gunship is free to shoot and is just not the case.
Assuming equal (high and above) skill and upgrades level, if two GS are more than 5-7k away from each other, this will be difficult... Possible of course, but at the same moment, GS range is much greater, so shooting at the targets of opportunity will happen more often.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
I'd say on average 1 Scout can probably keep 1.5 Gunships deroosted. This is where your argument really falls apart because even if 1-2 Scouts die the others are still stopping all the Gunships from shooting.
But at the same time even chased GS will sometimes fire at other scouts; also GS that have respawned, will have few seconds of breath before a scout will go after him.

Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
The other issue you talk about is taking pot shots here and there while running well shooting at evasion Scouts, those pot shots aren't going to do that much, even if you do hit them once you're not going to have time to kill them so minus a lucky crit it's going to take a long time for one to die to that kind of attrition.
Even a lovetap with ion rail can make scouts life much harder (by the way, imagine what would happen with 55% slow for 12 seconds... ). if the chased GS will have a little breath, the pilot gets a chance of 2-3 shots (that can disrupt another scout attack and so on...