Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

People with High Ping...

sartt's Avatar


sartt
02.24.2015 , 07:42 PM | #1
Should get 50% reduced damage shields and speed. Just saying.

Drakkolich's Avatar


Drakkolich
02.24.2015 , 07:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by sartt View Post
Should get 50% reduced damage shields and speed. Just saying.
Should they also do 50% extra damage then?

Edit: Oops apparently I read that too fast, I'm guessing you meant they should do 50% less damage, have 50% less shields and have 50% less speed. I didn't notice the damage part before sorry. Maybe you don't realize how much harder it is for the person laging to do damage in the first place.
I've had terrible pings before on GSF, often while my wife is downloading something without telling me. :P
It's no picnic on the other side. That bouncing that you see a laging person do, that happens to all other players in the game while you're trying to shoot.

Most of the time I just move on to another target when I see someone bouncing like that, because I just feel bad for them having to play that way.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

Archonitek's Avatar


Archonitek
02.25.2015 , 04:33 AM | #3
Lining up a gunship, boosting in for the attack, and watching helplessly as you sail past at full speed without firing a shot....

Good times!
Eclipse Squadron - Cedwic/Eclipse-seven - Pilot - The Ebon Hawk
Nova Squadron - Zemelda - Lieutenant - The Ebon Hawk
Red Squadron - Teerayne - Senior Spaceman - The Harbinger

Thundi's Avatar


Thundi
02.25.2015 , 04:44 AM | #4
......

Bolo_Yeung's Avatar


Bolo_Yeung
02.25.2015 , 10:17 AM | #5
Hey... I am back Friend sponsored me a month of sub :P Will again discuss why the battlescouts are so OP that people don't want to use them, preferring ballanced gunships. Are you happy? ...

And now back to the topic...

High but stable ping is not much of a problem, the problem is a little lousy game engine. For instance, when I am circling the sat with T3 scout, Tensor active - locking an EMP missile. Bomber is flying nearly smoothly, with small 'jumps', that still keep it within targetting circle - and yet the lock breaks for no reason...
*if* someone would be fixing the GSF (it isn't much likely...) then a much better idea would be to fix the lock mechanics...

PS. Sometimes it is even more serious...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG-yB0hB8hQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO70AxZKVMw

Nemarus's Avatar


Nemarus
02.25.2015 , 01:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolo_Yeung View Post
Hey... I am back Friend sponsored me a month of sub :P Will again discuss why the battlescouts are so OP that people don't want to use them, preferring ballanced gunships. Are you happy? ...

And now back to the topic...

High but stable ping is not much of a problem, the problem is a little lousy game engine. For instance, when I am circling the sat with T3 scout, Tensor active - locking an EMP missile. Bomber is flying nearly smoothly, with small 'jumps', that still keep it within targetting circle - and yet the lock breaks for no reason...
*if* someone would be fixing the GSF (it isn't much likely...) then a much better idea would be to fix the lock mechanics...

PS. Sometimes it is even more serious...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG-yB0hB8hQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO70AxZKVMw
Your friend wasted his money. No one reading these forums has the power to change any code, so you're wasting your breath, regardless of who agrees or disagrees with your opinion.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Bolo_Yeung's Avatar


Bolo_Yeung
02.25.2015 , 02:41 PM | #7
Well, slight chance is better than nothing. People play lotto even if they have 1:some millions chance of winning.

ALaggyGrunt's Avatar


ALaggyGrunt
02.25.2015 , 06:58 PM | #8
If you are holding still (i.e. GS sniping), someone with high ping is a serious threat: you won't know you're getting shot until you've sploded.

If you aren't, they can't hit you.

DakhathKilrathi's Avatar


DakhathKilrathi
02.25.2015 , 11:30 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Archonitek View Post
Lining up a gunship, boosting in for the attack, and watching helplessly as you sail past at full speed without firing a shot....

Good times!
Meanwhile, the gunship in question is swearing because you just won't HOLD STILL.

Seriously though, hope it stops giving you so much trouble soon.

Verain's Avatar


Verain
02.26.2015 , 03:01 AM | #10
Playing from hotels has been ludicrous. It's awful to have a high ping, but the people who slide around lagging really are frustrating as well. I'm just glad it's rare.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."