We really need a revamp on how the hookpoints work.

DragonArt

Ideally, getting rid of them altogether would be best, but not holding my breath on that.

There needs to be more options on how they can be configured. Even better, just get rid of what fits on what hook. Make them all universal.

Would be nice if the hookpoints could be dragged or have much further range of movement.

There REALLY needs to be a better way of finding and targeting items that are in the SH. The pick up room function is a nightmare. It usually picks up nearly the entire SH. I keep having to use it to pick up large things that totally cover the hookpoints they are attached to. Getting really sick of having to start all over. Sucks losing days of work just because one wall needs moving :(

Another axis of movement would be a huge boon too.

Ideally, getting rid of them altogether would be best, but not holding my breath on that.

There needs to be more options on how they can be configured. Even better, just get rid of what fits on what hook. Make them all universal.

Would be nice if the hookpoints could be dragged or have much further range of movement.

There REALLY needs to be a better way of finding and targeting items that are in the SH. The pick up room function is a nightmare. It usually picks up nearly the entire SH. I keep having to use it to pick up large things that totally cover the hookpoints they are attached to. Getting really sick of having to start all over. Sucks losing days of work just because one wall needs moving :(

Another axis of movement would be a huge boon too.

A different way of decorating without using hooks isn't going to happen, would take too much time and effort on the part of BW and I'm pretty sure they don't have the time or manpower to do it.

I agree they need more options on how the hooks can be configured, especially the centerpiece and starship size hooks.

As for being universal, I don't think this is necessary, rather BW needs to review and revise what size hooks decorations fit on. There are too many that simply don't fit on their designated hook size. Some are too big, other too small, some that could fit multiple size hooks are limited to just one.

BW needs to also do a better job of QA on hook placement and decoration design with regards to how the decorations fit on the hooks.

Movable hooks is, IMHO, beyond the programming abilities of the developers at BW, so that is not going to happen. What would be nice is the offset amount decorations are moved. For medium and smaller hooks, I think what is in place works for the most part. However, for Large and bigger hooks, the offset needs to be increased; either allow offsetting more than 20 units or adjust the offset unit to be a percentage of the hook's size.

The ability to scale decorations would also be a great benefit and give us decorators more options. The scaling wouldn't have to be near infinite as I've seen in another game, but allow us to go from 25% to 200% would give us so many more options.

As for selecting hooks under decorations, move your camera to view the hook/decoration from a different option. The only place I've run into this problem is with Cargo holds on small hooks on Large Hooks, my solution is to select the Large hook, and change the hook layout which automatically removes decorations on that hook only, no the entire SH. I've only run into the problem you mention and it not be a large hook with smalls. Eventually and I couldn't tell you why or how, but I did eventually get those decorations changed without resetting my entire Yavin SH.

I wish we didn't need hooks, but the previous poster is correct, I don't see them going away -- ever.

However, if they increased the X/Y movement distance to above +/- 20, it would solve a LOT of hook placement problems.

I'm still shocked that they introduced a whole new system to Strongholds (PvP arenas) but didn't fix major bugs and didn't improve the fundaments (IE: the hook system). It really seems like the wrong priority.

Now, we've got an entire floor of a stronghold that's unreachable without decoration tinkering, and all I see on Dev Tracker are posts about a new PvP zone.

I guess we got our buggy SH update and now we're done for a few years.... relegated to the back-burner?

If any reps or devs are reading this -- it's hard to want to buy Cartel Coins and buy decoration bundles when it seems like serious stronghold issues aren't being addressed. Fix a handful of the major bugs, get us back into Manaan, and increase the X/Y limit even by 50% and I'll spend money like water.

Edited by Xina_LA

A different way of decorating without using hooks isn't going to happen, would take too much time and effort on the part of BW and I'm pretty sure they don't have the time or manpower to do it.

I agree they need more options on how the hooks can be configured, especially the centerpiece and starship size hooks.

As for being universal, I don't think this is necessary, rather BW needs to review and revise what size hooks decorations fit on. There are too many that simply don't fit on their designated hook size. Some are too big, other too small, some that could fit multiple size hooks are limited to just one.

BW needs to also do a better job of QA on hook placement and decoration design with regards to how the decorations fit on the hooks.

Movable hooks is, IMHO, beyond the programming abilities of the developers at BW, so that is not going to happen. What would be nice is the offset amount decorations are moved. For medium and smaller hooks, I think what is in place works for the most part. However, for Large and bigger hooks, the offset needs to be increased; either allow offsetting more than 20 units or adjust the offset unit to be a percentage of the hook's size.

The ability to scale decorations would also be a great benefit and give us decorators more options. The scaling wouldn't have to be near infinite as I've seen in another game, but allow us to go from 25% to 200% would give us so many more options.

As for selecting hooks under decorations, move your camera to view the hook/decoration from a different option. The only place I've run into this problem is with Cargo holds on small hooks on Large Hooks, my solution is to select the Large hook, and change the hook layout which automatically removes decorations on that hook only, no the entire SH. I've only run into the problem you mention and it not be a large hook with smalls. Eventually and I couldn't tell you why or how, but I did eventually get those decorations changed without resetting my entire Yavin SH.

It is actually the smaller hooks that I am having issues with. Rishi is full of hooks that are all by themselves. If you drop a larger object on them and don't immediately move it to make the hook visible, then you are never going to be able to move that object unless you do a full pickup. These hooks are not connected to sets that you can just reconfigure. I have had to restart Rishi 3 times now because of this. Using the pick up room function picks up nearly the entire SH. For example, using that command in the broken up area, will also pick up everything in the pvp areas and the beaches and the small island and the far beach and the entry area. The apartment and ship are the only exceptions.

It would be nice if that function actually had a small radius.

Am also disappointed that some places that have multiple large hook configurations cannot be changed to centerpiece and vice versa.

My suggestion about making hookpoints universal would solve a lot of the issues and really encourage creativity.

Google Rift Dimensions sometime.. they have the most amazing decoration system. (sadly, my internet doesn't play well with theirs :( )

It is actually the smaller hooks that I am having issues with. Rishi is full of hooks that are all by themselves. If you drop a larger object on them and don't immediately move it to make the hook visible, then you are never going to be able to move that object unless you do a full pickup.

I consider that a serious bug. Could you post a detailed description of that in the Bugs forum? I can reply and confirm it, as you're right, there are several Small Floor hooks (especially those partly under mud) that can't be reached once an object is placed.

I consider that a serious bug. Could you post a detailed description of that in the Bugs forum? I can reply and confirm it, as you're right, there are several Small Floor hooks (especially those partly under mud) that can't be reached once an object is placed.

There are tiny spots that you can click on the small hooks to pick things up, but finding them and remembering for next time is a royal pain. So yeah, getting them fixed would be very nice. Same issue is also found on Yavin with some the grass areas around the temple. Have to find the exact spot to be able to click on the hook.

There are tiny spots that you can click on the small hooks to pick things up, but finding them and remembering for next time is a royal pain. So yeah, getting them fixed would be very nice. Same issue is also found on Yavin with some the grass areas around the temple. Have to find the exact spot to be able to click on the hook.

Ugh don't get me started on this. I recently put down a stone wall on a medium narrow hook in yavin, couldn't pick it up b/c the wall covered the entirety of the hook, used the "clear room" option or whatever it's called, and I lost my entire yavin SH. Weeks of decorating, about 500 decorations and counting, poof. So now I'm super, super careful. I wish decorations could be interacted with by click the items themselves instead of the hooks they sit on. That'd save me a lot of grief.

• 4 weeks later...

TOTALLY support removing hook restrictions. It's super frustrating to not be able to use an item that would be ideal for a place, solely because the hook is not the right configuration. I want to be able to stack stuff, use a rug on my entire floor, put things where I like.

Please make this happen!