Merc/Mando/Ops/Scoundrel Healers Nerfed

Foambreaker

Take your ball and go home. Mkay, got it. Epic strats.

In reality, I think you know what comes after you answer that question. If it's a reasonable number, I'll have thousands of more games played than that, if its not, you'll look stupid. Then I'll ask for your games played on your healer, and you wont have any or it will be <500 or something. Then I'll laugh at you and its possible my spittle will land on your lip.

Consider yourself owned, have a seat, son.

I'll let some other healers come here and also tell you are wrong (since some healers besides myself have already done so).

Edited by Wimbleton

Name one heal the sorc has, THAT DOSENT HAVE A COOLDOWN, that can be cast while moving.

Without CD, none apart from Barrier which has a cooldown of sorts. However, Sorcs can easily chain a number of heals on the move and even while using Phasewalk. On top of that, two heals proc a smaller, free and instant heal. Sorcs are more mobile, I am not quite sure how there is a discussion about this.

Edit: Though you are right, Innervate is not interrupted often enough.

Edited by Elusive_Thing

I must be playing my sorc heal wrong then, because I tend to live longer and put out higher healing with my operative healer. Maybe HoTs playstyle is just more of my thing, while also being quite slippery to pin down.

Although, I'll have to say that I'd prefer Sorc in an arena any day of the week.

Maybe they're both situational.....

Without CD, none apart from Barrier which has a cooldown of sorts. However, Sorcs can easily chain a number of heals on the move and even while using Phasewalk. On top of that, two heals proc a smaller, free and instant heal. Sorcs are more mobile, I am not quite sure how there is a discussion about this.

Edit: Though you are right, Innervate is not interrupted often enough.

Name the heals on the move.

I will help you all on these sorc spells that can be cast on the move:

1. The HoT which doesn't stack and has a CD

2. The channeled heal which costs a utility and has a CD

3. The barrier which has a debuff and a CD

4. The cure which has a CD

All have some kind of cooldown or other reason that makes recasting pointless.

You cannot keep someone alive with just that, even with guard, without, lol dead.

After 4-5 seconds you have to stop to cast a no-movement heal.

Sorc healer mobility is a myth :p

Edited by Foambreaker

Resurgence, Innervate (utility needed, but quite a popular one), Roaming Mend, Unnatural Preservation (self-only) and Static Barrier.

For the sake of being thorough: Revivification at three stacks, Dark Heal (procced by either Revivification, Crushing Darkness or Dark Infusion).

Don't think it's a popular utility, but I take it for regs, so again, just to be thorough, Galvanizing Cleanse gives an instant cast every 30 seconds. Can be used for, say, Dark Infusion that leads to Dark Heal for the heal and, possibly, speed boost.

Edit: Ah, forgot the cleanse! Anyway, as I said, you can chain plenty of heals there and I also said none of the "normally" mobile heals are without a CD. :)

Edited by Elusive_Thing

Resurgence, Innervate (utility needed, but quite a popular one), Roaming Mend, Unnatural Preservation (self-only) and Static Barrier.

For the sake of being thorough: Revivification at three stacks, Dark Heal (procced by either Revivification, Crushing Darkness or Dark Infusion).

Don't think it's a popular utility, but I take it for regs, so again, just to be thorough, Galvanizing Cleanse gives an instant cast every 30 seconds. Can be used for, say, Dark Infusion that leads to Dark Heal for the heal and, possibly, speed boost.

Edit: Ah, forgot the cleanse! Anyway, as I said, you can chain plenty of heals there and I also said none of the "normally" mobile heals are without a CD. :)

You're in the PvP forums. If your first channel is interrupted nothing procs, roaming mend only roams if 2 people are taking damage, if you are being globaled in arena you get one tick.

Your self heal is more of a DC because it has such a long cooldown. But at that point you are pretty much down to DCs or standing still and casting.

If that first channel is interrupted its over and most know that.

This would be a good rotation for PvE if a boss was on you :)

You're in the PvP forums. If your first channel is interrupted nothing procs, roaming mend only roams if 2 people are taking damage, if you are being globaled in arena you get one tick.

I wasn't trying to give a rotation, I was listing the heals as requested. Also, some people use Resurgence before Roaming Mend. As for your Innervate getting interrupted, yes, it does happen. You can still bait out interrupts and (though rarely) use Polarity Shift. Trying to keep track of the enemy interrupts tends not to be a bad idea either, they quite rarely have a perfectly synced interrupt rotation, at least in regs and solos.

Your self heal is more of a DC because it has such a long cooldown. But at that point you are pretty much down to DCs or standing still and casting.

A heal nevertheless. Also, I disagree about using it as a last resort only. For example if you don't get focused at the time, but have taken damage, you can heal yourself while focusing on whoever on your team is taking damage.

If that first channel is interrupted its over and most know that.

I wasn't listing a rotation. After that you still have Resurgence, Roaming and bubble. None of those available? Stun/knockback, cleanse something (if there is something to be cleansed) or whatever.

This would be a good rotation for PvE if a boss was on you :)

Again, not a rotation. You asked me to name the Sorcerer heals, which I did. First the ones that can be done on the move, then the more situational ones such as procs. The Dark Infusion with Galvanizing Cleanse is, from what I've seen at least, a rare one though, which I also admitted. Not really sure how you managed to read my post so wrong.

It's clear he hasn't got a clue and just wants to troll.

I don't start with innervate. Ever. If I think they might die really quickly, I'll bubble, otherwise I want to resurg then roaming so that they have both buffs, then bubble, then resurg then innervate. If at any time I can't keep up or I think I'm vulnerable to intterupt, I'll work in a polarity shift. I will typically work up to a 3stack so that I can insta reviv into a dark heal insta. Everything is now available again. (typically recklessness is held to pair with an innervate when I really need crits).

If my guy is still having issues, I'll probably choose to peel for him (force slow, knockback root, insta WW, stun or grenade) or pull him to LoS.

If it just so happens that none of that is available or I think I can get away with it, I'll DI into DH after resurg.

The last thing I'll do is Unlim Power (gives endurance and makes my stuff and their stuff stronger).

If none of that then he dies and if he's a bro I'll combat rez him, otherwise, peese.

I'm not going to do the line by line discussion with you, mostly because it doesn't really matter what we think and I am ok with us not agreeing.

One thing, regarding rotation, all I really meant to imply is that if you are running and healing, no matter when you channel, which eventually you must channel if you are running, if that channel is interrupted, all downstream procs fall apart meaning you have to use a DCD or stop running, ending mobility.

By contrast, the OPs proc triggers are all instant cast and cannot be interrupted; the OP can keep running indefinitely.

This is why I think the OP has more mobility than the sorc.

The operative's move ability takes a GCD, and the sorc's doesn't, its off the GCD and runs in the background. The sorc can speed away to make an LOS solid cast without being interrupted, while still using mobile heal abilities.

The operative has to stop healing entirely for one to two GCD's to accomplish the same thing.

The ease of the sorc to rapidly LOS and make a hard cast that can't be interrupted counts to being mobile.

Edited by ThrakhathSpawn

Roaming mend, innervate, bubble, revivification, resurgence

Actually the only one that CAN'T be cast on the move is dark infusion.

My answer to you: name 2 heals sorc have that can't be cast on the move. Go ahead, I'm waiting

Roaming mend, innervate, bubble, revivification, resurgence

Actually the only one that CAN'T be cast on the move is dark infusion.

My answer to you: name 2 heals sorc have that can't be cast on the move. Go ahead, I'm waiting

Dark Heal. Not without the proc, I mean, but if you count procs, you might just as well count Dark Infusion as well due to the utility. However, I do agree with your overall point, Sorcs are more mobile, quite a bit so.

Dark Heal. Not without the proc, I mean, but if you count procs, you might just as well count Dark Infusion as well due to the utility. However, I do agree with your overall point, Sorcs are more mobile, quite a bit so.

You can cast dark heal on the move, you always should. If you're standing still you might as well proc dark infusion and cast it once then cast it again without the proc. But yeah, my point was that sorcs should never stand still unless casting dark infusion which is the only one that can't be instant no matter the proc.

You can cast dark heal on the move, you always should. If you're standing still you might as well proc dark infusion and cast it once then cast it again without the proc. But yeah, my point was that sorcs should never stand still unless casting dark infusion which is the only one that can't be instant no matter the proc.

I tend to use Galvanizing Cleanse in regs instead of stun/AoE DR, so that's another instant proc. Not worth it, for me at least, in ranked though. However, Dark Heal can't be cast on the move without a proc from either Revivification, Crushing Darkness or Dark Infusion. Tbh, the only time I ever use it without the proc is to cast a speedboost for someone in Huttball at the very beginning if there is no Predation available, so it's kind of a moot point anyway.

I tend to use Galvanizing Cleanse in regs instead of stun/AoE DR, so that's another instant proc. Not worth it, for me at least, in ranked though. However, Dark Heal can't be cast on the move without a proc from either Revivification, Crushing Darkness or Dark Infusion. Tbh, the only time I ever use it without the proc is to cast a speedboost for someone in Huttball at the very beginning if there is no Predation available, so it's kind of a moot point anyway.

Exactly. Saying that sorc is immobile is just a sign of ineptitude and lack of actual game knowledge and therefore any notable skill.