Guild Leader no longer active but the system hasn't changed over to an active officer

James-Forge

Hi all,

This is really just a call out for any kind of advice or assistance with the problem im having.

Me and my friends formed a guild back when the game was first released, this guild was actually how we met, as we formed it shortly after teaming up. It has a great amount of significance for us as its where we all started in SWTOR.

After a period of inactivity due to real life issues, the guild master rank seems to have transfered to someone else. This is a normal MMO mechanic so thats fair play.

We have recently come back to the game, to find that everyone in the guild is inactive apart from ourselves. However the guild master position hasn't transferred back to us, it remains with an inactive member. I have contacted support and they answered me with this;

"I hope this message reaches you well.

I do apologize for misunderstanding or might as well confusions that you've got but anything about the guild members os out of our scope already as it was an internal information of yours. I would like to transfer to you the possition, however like as mentioned it is already out of our scope and we are unable to transfer the GUild Master position from one person to another. Had it been possible on my end I would love to do it right away. I highly suggest to create another guild. I hope you understand"

The fact is that the sole answer seems to be; Nobody deals with it, make a new one.

This is not an option as simply making a guild isn't the aim. We are trying to regain control over our original guild as it has quite a lot of historical significance for us. And furthermore, if the system worked, then it should have transferred back to us as we are now active and the guild leader is not.

This would signify that potentially most of the guilds in SWTOR could be leaderless, which is a bit crazy to be honest.

I just need some advice on who i can contact that CAN look into this, as in-game support doesn't seem to understand and wont provide me with an avenue to go down.

Hope someone can help.

~ James-Forge

Hi all,

This is really just a call out for any kind of advice or assistance with the problem im having.

Me and my friends formed a guild back when the game was first released, this guild was actually how we met, as we formed it shortly after teaming up. It has a great amount of significance for us as its where we all started in SWTOR.

After a period of inactivity due to real life issues, the guild master rank seems to have transfered to someone else. This is a normal MMO mechanic so thats fair play.

We have recently come back to the game, to find that everyone in the guild is inactive apart from ourselves. However the guild master position hasn't transferred back to us, it remains with an inactive member. I have contacted support and they answered me with this;

"I hope this message reaches you well.

I do apologize for misunderstanding or might as well confusions that you've got but anything about the guild members os out of our scope already as it was an internal information of yours. I would like to transfer to you the possition, however like as mentioned it is already out of our scope and we are unable to transfer the GUild Master position from one person to another. Had it been possible on my end I would love to do it right away. I highly suggest to create another guild. I hope you understand"

The fact is that the sole answer seems to be; Nobody deals with it, make a new one.

This is not an option as simply making a guild isn't the aim. We are trying to regain control over our original guild as it has quite a lot of historical significance for us. And furthermore, if the system worked, then it should have transferred back to us as we are now active and the guild leader is not.

This would signify that potentially most of the guilds in SWTOR could be leaderless, which is a bit crazy to be honest.

I just need some advice on who i can contact that CAN look into this, as in-game support doesn't seem to understand and wont provide me with an avenue to go down.

Hope someone can help.

~ James-Forge

Check the status of the guild leader. It normally passes to the next active member in between 28 and 30 days. Once that has happened and it hasn't passed, then explain what has happen to CSR and then maybe they will help. If possible go to their supervisor but until 28/30 days has passed they can't do anything yet.

Curiously, in general, it's not normal for MMORPG guilds. It is extremely common for there to be no automatic transfer of leadership away from an inactive leader.

See, for example, Runes of Magic, where guild leadership does not transfer automatically, AND only the leader can initiate "Siege Warfare", that is, their version of Guild versus Guild battles. A guild that wants to do that, but whose leader has stopped playing, must petition RoM's customer service to have the leadership transferred to someone else. It was, at one time, fairly reliable, but it's still annoying.

Check the status of the guild leader. It normally passes to the next active member in between 28 and 30 days. Once that has happened and it hasn't passed, then explain what has happen to CSR and then maybe they will help. If possible go to their supervisor but until 28/30 days has passed they can't do anything yet.

Note: It is my understanding that all they have to do is log onto a character. It does not necessarily have to be the guild master character, and they will retain their 'active' status.

Note: It is my understanding that all they have to do is log onto a character. It does not necessarily have to be the guild master character, and they will retain their 'active' status.

Not from what happened with my original guild leader. She didn't log onto her toon that was the guild leader for 28/30 days and it passed to one of us but lucky we are the type of guild that works together so the guild leader got switch back to her.