1 v 1 Champions Tournament Official Sign-up

xIphonex

Hey it's Chukles again. Just going to say looks like we're going to have a good turnout for this event. I'm actually here to post the rules. For everyone that signed up already on my previous thread I will be putting together a bracket. The other thing is if your still interested in doing this, comment on this updated thread or mail me on Chukles/Verdus or mail Spliffy.

Date:

2/23/13 at (5 SERVER TIME)

Place:

Narshadda Promenade

Buy-in:

Tournament Format:

Double Elimination

Rules:

1) Screw it I am going back to my original rule no sap healing. If you don't like it I don't care. More people have said they don't want sap healing than people who have said they do.

2) Medpacs are usable.

3) No grenades.

4) No adrenals of any kind.

5) No clickly relics, for ex. (dreadguard boundless ages relic)

6) Respecing is allowed.

7) Last minute rule no intercedes to duelers!!!

That pretty much sums it up, remember have fun and there will be lots of credits to be earned! :)

Edited by xIphonex

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About rule 1. I assume you mean no OOC 15 second channeled heal. I won't be DQed for sapping then casting heals on myself as a scoundrel right? Also what was the reasoning for it in the first place? The other 3 could have gone either way and made sense but that seems like it was just pulled out of thin air. Doesn't really bother me, but it is a nerf to stealth classes and a bigger nerf to shadows (who can't cast heals on themselves) specifically.

I don't want to allow people to sap someone and then use their healing ability infront of them, this duel will then be won by stealthies regardless and that move is a ***** move.. so what if it's an ability that shadows/scoundrels have it's unfair to the other classes and leaves a huge imbalance. If you can't win a duel without having to heal yourself back up to 100% through a cheap tactic you aren't dueling fairly. I don't want these duels becoming a "Oh he's kicking my *** and I saw him use his stun breaker so I have to ***** out and sap him just to stand a chance"... really?

Chukles please don't change that rule. Make it fair for every class not catered to stealthes using unfair tactics.

About rule 1. I assume you mean no OOC 15 second channeled heal. I won't be DQed for sapping then casting heals on myself as a scoundrel right? Also what was the reasoning for it in the first place? The other 3 could have gone either way and made sense but that seems like it was just pulled out of thin air. Doesn't really bother me, but it is a nerf to stealth classes and a bigger nerf to shadows (who can't cast heals on themselves) specifically.

No asuna, if you threw your flashbang and started casting your underworld medicine I feel that would be acceptable. using a stun breaker at the appropriate time against a self healing class is vital to win. However if you used your re stealth ability, sleep darted them and started using your recuperate than you should be DQ'ed for that isn't fair towards everyone else or others that can't stealth and use that tactic.

Edited by Spliffy-TreesOG

No asuna, if you threw your flashbang and started casting your underworld medicine I feel that would be acceptable. using a stun breaker at the appropriate time against a self healing class is vital to win. However if you used your re stealth ability, sleep darted them and started using your recuperate than you should be DQ'ed for that isn't fair towards everyone else or others that can't stealth and use that tactic.

Because that is so different than sap seething lol

Because that is so different than sap seething lol

explain to me how it isn't different? if you use your cc break on a dirty kick then get flash banged and watch them heal that's your fault. they're playing smart rather than cheap. Sorry if that's the only way you can win is having an unfair advantage on others bro :)

explain to me how it isn't different? if you use your cc break on a dirty kick then get flash banged and watch them heal that's your fault. they're playing smart rather than cheap. Sorry if that's the only way you can win is having an unfair advantage on others bro :)

So if I electrocute you and you cc break than I sap seethe than its their fault. It's the same thing you just proved my point for me.

So if I electrocute you and you cc break than I sap seethe than its their fault. It's the same thing you just proved my point for me.

You have a point I won't deny that, but myself and chukles didn't want these duels to be catered towards stealthies and sap seething players (you have to see how it's an unfair move and frowned upon to pull something like that.)

The shadow lands is attempting their own version of 1v1's and they're allowing sap seething, but will grant a bonus to the farthest progressing non stealthy as they know that the sap seething players will always have an advantage over the rest. Would everyone feel like that would be acceptable or how would people want to address this? Here's the link if you'd like to check it out: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=593190

Chukles and I wanted to see duels as balanced and even as possible and we wouldn't want non stealthies feeling like they're being gimped because they can't sap out of combat heal.

I'm with insanus on this one. Rules went from odd but tolerable to non nonsensical . Now some consumables are useable and others aren't? Vanish, Saping, healing once, sab charging, Orbital striking, Vital Shooting, and then Backblast into stun is a pretty common mid fight reopen, but even though my class is balanced to be able to do that in a 1v1 at the off node I'm not allowed to do it in this duel tourney?

While BW's balance may be terrible I really don't think there is enough "community consensus" on the sap stealth heal to overrule BWs decision that stealth classes should have 1 extra CC. Can we make up a rule like Mara/sents can't use 1 of their Defensive CDs while we're at it? I think they have too many of them for a 1v1, and they were only given that many because they need to survive on the front lines in big 8v8 fights.

PS: splify I specifically asked if I could sap and then CAST heals on myself (as in UWM while they are sapped). When you reasoned you once again said it would be unfair to sap and recuperate. I think that is a silly rule, but you didn't answer my question. As for the it isn't fair towards everyone that can't stealth, our stealth classes are balanced abound having... stealth.

I'm with insanus on this one. Rules went from odd but tolerable to non nonsensical . Now some consumables are useable and others aren't? Vanish, Saping, healing once, sab charging, Orbital striking, Vital Shooting, and then Backblast into stun is a pretty common mid fight reopen, but even though my class is balanced to be able to do that in a 1v1 at the off node I'm not allowed to do it in this duel tourney?

While BW's balance may be terrible I really don't think there is enough "community consensus" on the sap stealth heal to overrule BWs decision that stealth classes should have 1 extra CC. Can we make up a rule like Mara/sents can't use 1 of their Defensive CDs while we're at it? I think they have too many of them for a 1v1, and they were only given that many because they need to survive on the front lines in big 8v8 fights.

PS: splify I specifically asked if I could sap and then CAST heals on myself (as in UWM while they are sapped). When you reasoned you once again said it would be unfair to sap and recuperate. I think that is a silly rule, but you didn't answer my question. As for the it isn't fair towards everyone that can't stealth, our stealth classes are balanced abound having... stealth.

out of combat healing is just complete ********. You are pretty much saying that as a non stealth class i'm not allowed to use my CC breaker ever or I instantly lose the duel.

out of combat healing is just complete ********. You are pretty much saying that as a non stealth class i'm not allowed to use my CC breaker ever or I instantly lose the duel.

No, I'm saying lets not arbitrarily take away options from some classes while leaving others with their full set of abilities. Players should use their CC breaker differently depending on who they are playing against. For example, against a focus sent you CC break force stasis (his closest thing to a stun) because you don't want them gaining stacks, and you don't care if he mezes you with awe, he can't heal himself durring it. On the other hand against a commando you don't want to CC break their stun, because then they can mez you for 8 seconds and heal. Shadows and operatives were given an extra CC, so you have to adjust accordingly, just like you adjust your CC breaker use in other match ups. Against a steather, you CC break after they have already used vanish, when you think you can kill them before any dots they have on you expire, or when you are white barred and think you can kill them before your resolve empties.

There is a reason the tournament that this was apparently based on allowed mez/recouperate. If you ban one classes ability you start down the slippery slope and there is no reason to not also ban CC immunity, bubbles stuns, mata defensive CDs, Vanish in general ect ect. He didn't even struggle with the idea, he just immediately said every ability a class has that only requires 1 person is on the table and never wavered on the topic.

Edited by Asunasan

Stop being such a casual, bro.

Edited by PeteyLo