Maintenance: December 10th, 2014

TaitWatson

Hey folks!

We will be taking the servers offline on December 10th in order to apply Patch 3.0.0b.

Details:

DATE: Wednesday, December 10th, 2014

TIME: 3AM PST (11AM GMT) - 5AM PST (1PM GMT)

VERSION: 3.0.0b

Patch Notes will be available after the maintenance window.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do guys hate APAC players so much?

They bring down the servers during the late night/early morning in the US pretty much at the same time every maintenance. it has NOTHING to do with them loving or hating the APAC players... They need a time to distribute the patches/maintenance and that's the time they chose. if they can do it without bringing down the servers they do it and nobody's the wiser. Whining about it won''t make the stuff get fixed.

~Hawke~

P.S. What's this maintenance for anyways?

Why do you guys seem to believe it's always about you? :confused:

I'm actually U.S. But North American players would lose their minds if just about every patch was right in the middle of our primetime raiding/playing time. That's two days this week our Aussie friends can't raid. Every patch seems to be during that time. This isn't actually about me, m8. It's about a block of players getting consistently hosed.

Again, they bring down the servers during the late night/early morning in the US pretty much at the same time every maintenance. it has NOTHING to do with them loving or hating the APAC players... They need a time to distribute the patches/maintenance and that's the time they chose. Unfortunately, SOMEONE will always complain about it being their primetime and in the case of maintenance, it's the APAC players. You can't satisfy everyone. . if they can do it without bringing down the servers they do it and nobody's the wiser. Whining about it won''t make the stuff get fixed.

~Hawke~

Again, they bring down the servers during the late night/early morning in the US pretty much at the same time every maintenance. it has NOTHING to do with them loving or hating the APAC players... They need a time to distribute the patches/maintenance and that's the time they chose. Unfortunately, SOMEONE will always complain about it being their primetime and in the case of maintenance, it's the APAC players. You can't satisfy everyone. . if they can do it without bringing down the servers they do it and nobody's the wiser. Whining about it won''t make the stuff get fixed.

~Hawke~

That could rotate the time that they bring the servers down so that 1 region is not soley affected by it. Afterall they are paying customers too....

That could rotate the time that they bring the servers down so that 1 region is not soley affected by it. Afterall they are paying customers too....

Yeah but of all the time zones Bioware serves, APAC is the minority. Its never good business to inconvenience a majority to appease a minority of your customers.

Also never make business arguments around fairness. Paying customers rarely if ever care about being fair, they just care about what's good for them.

What'd you break.... WHERE'S THE POOP ROBIN!

Well, I started an Agent today* and noticed that the names on the quick travel stations of Hutta are borked when you place your cursor over them, no idea if that is also true for other planets or not though. But yeah, I'm curious as to what makes them feel the need to patch the game again so soon after patch 3.0A

*tried Smuggler, but it just doesn't 'feel' right for some reason. I blame the intro trailer smuggler and his awesome walk shooting for making it not feel right as the Republic cover mechanics class

Yeah but of all the time zones Bioware serves, APAC is the minority. Its never good business to inconvenience a majority to appease a minority of your customers.

Also never make business arguments around fairness. Paying customers rarely if ever care about being fair, they just care about what's good for them.

yep we are going to continue ************ about it. I would say the APAC community factors in a loss of nearly 60 days a year we are unable to raid. We accept that fact. Tuesday nights in APAC are maint night and nothing gets planned for raids.

It starts being a prob when there is multi days in a week where maint happens. As a community we already have four week days to work with.

If this happened in U.S. prime time imagine the complaints and qq's. Just because we are a small market doesn't mean we should let them piss in our cornflakes. Even if we had a rotating maintenance imagine the complaints from the U.S.

We already cop enough downtime and we are pretty good about it. Don't try telling us that we are not important like the precious player's in the U.S.

yep we are going to continue ************ about it. I would say the APAC community factors in a loss of nearly 60 days a year we are unable to raid. We accept that fact. Tuesday nights in APAC are maint night and nothing gets planned for raids.

It starts being a prob when there is multi days in a week where maint happens. As a community we already have four week days to work with.

If this happened in U.S. prime time imagine the complaints and qq's. Just because we are a small market doesn't mean we should let them piss in our cornflakes. Even if we had a rotating maintenance imagine the complaints from the U.S.

We already cop enough downtime and we are pretty good about it. Don't try telling us that we are not important like the precious player's in the U.S.

No one's saying you're not important on account of being Aussie as opposed to an American. I'm sure for them, 1 Aussie customer is just as important as 1 U.S. customer. Unfortunately, it's a numbers game. There are so many more customers in other markets than there are Aussie customers, it's their only way of mitigating damage. Sure, rotating the schedules would have been more "fair" from a "region to region" perspective, but in terms of making sure the least amount of people get locked out of the game, this is the time they decided to do maintenance.

Like others have said, it's not personal. It's not Aussie vs. U.S. It's always prime time for somebody. All U.S. night shift workers, for whom the early morning hours is "prime time" deal with maintenance just as you do. But they're such a minority that they don't get accommodated. That's simply the reality of it.

It has been communicated to us in the past that regular maintenance is on Tuesday.

If it is emergency, please do it asap (i.e. right now).

Otherwise wait till next Tuesday.

Please don't treat 12am pst to 6am pst everyday as a preferred maintenance window.

I trust you will give good consideration of our feedbacks.

Edited by Banegio