Did repair cost just go up?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean you wipe while doing dalies? How bad can one be?

Yeah, exactly. I just did a full set of Ilum event dailies last night and had a whopping 843 credit repair bill for my Dread Guard gear.

Wiping on operations during a progression run I can understand. During dailies??

Or it will teach tanks to give up tanking

I thought they already quit....

Trust me, a healer tanks plenty in HM FP and heroics. So it could affect them too.

In fairness I really didn't pay attention to my other 4 toons repair bills last night, none were anywhere near 10K (I would have remembered that). I just remember the 179 on the sawbones because I was amazed it was so low after soloing the Gree Heroic with HK. (which BTW is stupid - Since you can't use flyby with all the flagged imps around trying to get you flagged. So I do not recommend it. It take forever and a day).

Edited by mikebevo

Did you have a tank companion by your side, taking all the dmg?

No, I had a dps companion 'cause I like things to die fast. Two dps == time saver.

I'll bring my tank out tonight and see what his repair bill is like.

Edited by Khevar

Well, it seems none of You did TFB HM or EC NiM recently.

!

and you must not have been raiding in this game for long, because you would have remembered when doing HMEC in Rakata cost that much or more.

I did hm ec on a alt last night. Reapair cost were outrages in a raid with all alts and newcomers, but still way cheaper than the first time I went there way back when.

and you must not have been raiding in this game for long, because you would have remembered when doing HMEC in Rakata cost that much or more.

I did hm ec on a alt last night. Reapair cost were outrages in a raid with all alts and newcomers, but still way cheaper than the first time I went there way back when.

That doesn't justify them being high again

That doesn't justify them being high again

The are not high again, they are higher, but not at the level they were originally,

It was a error, they just fixed the error. We should face it, before they fixed this error there was really no penalty for dying, other than you had to do whatever killed you over again. I was more than willing to stealth my way to a chest solo after a comm run in EV. I would do CtS or EoT solo on any character with stealth. Even when people were looking for healers just because I wanted the loot/credits or didn't want to deal with a PUG. Less likely to do that now.

We should be just be thankful that they took their time fixing this error too. Pretty much made progressing though HM EC, HM TFB and most of NIM EC very painless. Now they just need to up the credits in EC to the same level as TfB.

Edited by mikebevo

The are not high again, they are higher, but not at the level they were originally,

It was a error, they just fixed the error. We should face it, before they fixed this error there was really no penalty for dying, other than you had to do whatever killed you over again. I was more than willing to stealth my way to a chest solo after a comm run in EV. I would do CtS or EoT solo on any character with stealth. Even when people were looking for healers just because I wanted the loot/credits or didn't want to deal with a PUG. Less likely to do that now.

We should be just be thankful that they took their time fixing this error too. Pretty much made progressing though HM EC, HM TFB and most of NIM EC very painless. Now they just need to up the credits in EC to the same level as TfB.

now they made everything even more painfull for anybody and tanks get hit even worse.

I could imagine the very high costs to be a big reason for people not to tank but to play dps

Edited by Never_Hesitate

I could imagine the very high costs to be a big reason for people not to tank but to play dps

Cost was higher before and we had more tanks back then. Outside of most flashpoints without tanks there is no endgame content.

BioWare releases good, challenging, regular progrssion content and repair cost will have nothing to do with the number of tanks. Tanks will be there because without all three; tanks, healers and dps, there is no way to do progression content.

Edited by mikebevo

Cost was higher before and we had more tanks back then. Outside of most flashpoints without tanks there is no endgame content.

BioWare releases good, challenging, regular progressive content and repair cost will have nothing to do with the number of tanks. Tanks will be there because without all three; tanks, healers and dps, there is no way to do progressive content.

The guilds will have their tanks, that's out of question.

I was talking about random group finder. There weren't a lot of tank before and I don't think more people are going to list randomly.

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Other people? Had their repair costs triple. Why the gap?
Wipes and amount of damage taken.

The first night I did the Gree dailies on my sawbones including the heroic (all solo), used defensive cooldowns and CCs and my repair cost was 179 credit.

Last night I did the same dailies on her solo, without using defensive cooldowns or CC's, my repair cost was over 5,000 credits. I was also attacking more elites. First night I stuck with easy kills because I did not know if there were stealth spawns or not.

Now in operations I did HM TfB on my dps, her repair bills were over 100K, but it involved some new players and people playing alts in different roles and we had a few wipes.

Edited by mikebevo

Are you serious? Repairing 61/63 gear set should not cost more than you would get for selling it at the NPC. I got a feeling right now it does.

From the POV of someone that isn't as rich (in-game) as some of you people out there, this change is really messing with my funds. Half( if only that) of what i make from dailies will go to repairs now, a thing... sucky to say the least.

I'm sorry, but fixing something that no one was complaining about and that no one knew was bugged seems rather ... useless.

Why not fix the INSPECT bug?!

Why not fix the bug where you need to confirm several times for taking out a mod out of your item?!

And i'm sure the list goes on with bugs that actually affect our game play in a negative way.