Wild Speculation: The Emperor is YOU [KOTFE spoilers]

Hierodule

Yeah, crazy theory I had on my walk to work this morning. But lets consider

1. The emperor can divide himself into multiple beings and entities. Why does he do this? The example of Valkorian seems to imply that part of it is to experience different parts of life in the universe.

1a. he tells the Jedi Knight that he could perhaps live a life as a farmer or simple man, for the experience

2. So he has set eight different persons into the universe.. All of them are the "most interesting" people he could think of. One of them he has strike him down, and he seeds that persons companions with A Child of the Emperor. Another he has strike him down to free him to go beyond the galaxy. Another he has learn an ancient ritual of binding ghosts inside a person. There is also the youngest, most powerful jedi anywhere, who can remove corruptions. And a soldier, smuggler, spy and bounty hunter, just because the Force isn't everything [Weak point]

2a: The Knight must face a child of the emperor. The consular must fight a child of the emperor. Arcann and Thexan are children of the emperor who face each other.

3. "you are the one being who merits my full attention. you leave your mark upon the galaxy. JUST AS I DO"

4. Also Vakorian shows he likes the idea of setting two people at odds with each other*: his own children for example. The conflict between the Rpublic and Empire might be one form of this conflict. At least, Vallkorian has made the situation such that his new, more enlightened Eternal Empire is now opposing a new Alliance of Sith and Republic.

*: or we could perhaps say the Force likes the idea of setting two people at odds to bring "balance" [The Force = The Plot]

5. Bioware is returning us to classic KOTOR Storytelling: Classic KOTOR storytelling: You are the Big Bad guy, actually.

6. HK-55 declares there are NOT 2 people inside your head. HK-55 HAD TO DIE unrecoverably to keep the secret from you. Half Life 55 Confirmed.

Problems: perhaps the things Satele Shan and Marr say, but I have to review their dialogue first.

Edited by Hierodule

Definitely a possibility to keep in mind. To add to your theory, in Chapter 2, Valkorion calls us a part of him we wish to keep. At the moment, I don't really see any other reason why he would say that besides the respect he says he has for us.

Definitely a possibility to keep in mind. To add to your theory, in Chapter 2, Valkorion calls us a part of him we wish to keep. At the moment, I don't really see any other reason why he would say that besides the respect he says he has for us.

his real purpose has yet to reveal itself, the reason he stays at least as far as the hero is concerned is because of his son and daughter who are too much of a threat to be left alive with the empire in their hands.

You mean we are a horicrux for the Emperor! Sounds vaguely familiar....

Well, considering that there's also already a big chance that we're getting other 'subtle' references, I wouldnt be surprised. ( Eternal Fleet been around long before Zakuul and no one knows how it actually works, Reapers from ME anyone?).

OT: Crazy theory, but not unthinkable for Bioware, and it would be damn awesome as a plot twist. But its sure to piss off way too many people too. It has an upside that it perfectly ties together all classes, even the age old discussion of how Smugglers can kill Sith just as easy as a Jedi can. I like it.

Just thought of one more thing that adds to this theory:

Quote from Kira's letter to the Jedi Knight (romance letter).

"Sometimes, I dream that you're standing in my doorway, but you're not you anymore. You're him."

Kira could be reffering to him living Inside your head, but what If this means that you're actually him? :p

I really like this idea. Would that make the eventual final battle with Arcann have like a "NO I am your father!" element? lol.

One thing I don't remember that well but is still relevant: In the JK story, Scourge mentions his vision is not just you defeating the emperor, but he saw you like defeat and take his crown/power or something.

Already been going on, when you think about it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=806758

That is probably my major complaint with the story of SWTOR. There is way too much KOTOR nostalgia and not enough of the writers giving this game its own identity. SWTOR at times feels less like it's own story within the Star Wars universe than an MMO trip down KOTOR memory lane. Giving the 8 protagonists literally the same plot twist as KOTOR would be completely unoriginal and the final nail in the coffin from a story perspective.

As much as I like KOTOR, I don't want want SWTOR to be KOTOR.

Hmm... I don't think Valkorion's children are like the 'children of the empire', in that the former are children of flesh and blood and probably don't have V's essence in them, where as the latter are random other people's children who got given some of V's essence/power. The metaphoric similarity is interesting though.

In terms of the emperor being you... well this is going to get kind of philosophical... but what makes you "you"? In KOTOR, "you" were Revan in the sense that your character had false memories. There was Revan, with his continuous set of experiences and memories. Then there were the false memories followed by some real memories. You can almost think of them as being two different people with some common characteristics, who became one person again after the real memories returned (so you had someone who two sets of memories I guess. But not quite, since some of those memories where false memories in the first place).

The emperor did say he wanted to experience life as a farmer, etc. I kind of thought it meant he wanted to experience the life of say, a farmer... kind of like watching someone else's live as a movie, but with more realism (i.e. experiencing their memories).

If the emperor 'created' a bunch of people with his essence, as you (the OP) suggested, then those people went on to develop their own personality, their own memories and their own life experiences, then aren't they really new people... no different to any other 'person'?

A close analogy I can think of is maybe if you made a baby clone of your self, exact same genetics. However that baby will grow up with its own experiences and although may share many characteristics with you, is its own person. Which could be the scenario you are describing - the emperor's essentially created someone 'like him', but a new blank person. So "you" are not V, you are your own person, but you are special in some way. And you have some of his special-ness, more so than even the 'children of the emperor' that we already know about.

The question then, is what is this 'specialness'. It's not genetics - you aren't a clone of V's original sith body. It's not memories - I doubt bioware would pull that one again (i.e. it's not like you have V's early memories hidden away inside your mind, so you are influenced by them, kind of like in the kotor storyline). It's not force potential - since four of the classes are not force sensitive but V still tells you about how special you are.

I agree that V's very very special interest in you needs an explanation. And that explanation will probably involve V having been interested in you from the start, may have had a hand in why you are so special. But what exactly is it that he did to you that makes you special?

He's interested because you have the same thing he has: plot armor.

Of all the toons you experience, you the player character, and he, the antagonist, have that armor and ability. Just like the Joker to Batman or Elijah Price to David Dunn. The true villain or true hero is always some sort of mirror to each other... that is how they define themselves to whatever elutriation the story is building towards. This is how the story framework works out what the purpose of the protagonist and antagonist's relationship upon the wider world.

In short, you both change the galaxy and great game. So, he's interested in you because you two are the ones that will settle out everything.

He's interested because you have the same thing he has: plot armor.

Of all the toons you experience, you the player character, and he, the antagonist, have that armor and ability. Just like the Joker to Batman or Elijah Price to David Dunn. The true villain or true hero is always some sort of mirror to each other... that is how they define themselves to whatever elutriation the story is building towards. This is how the story framework works out what the purpose of the protagonist and antagonist's relationship upon the wider world.

In short, you both change the galaxy and great game. So, he's interested in you because you two are the ones that will settle out everything.

That soooooo doesnt fit to non force player characters

Hey the non force characters have plot armor too!

If anything, they have MORE plot armor.

It's more cannon that force users can be awesome just because "they are gifted in the force" (why? genetics? just lucky?) etc.

For the non force using characters, it's all plot armor. None of this "the force likes you" stuff :p