Why did you nerf Fractured Uprising CxP?

NogueiraA

Isn't your super new ideology "play whatever you want and get rewarded" ?????

If I wanna farm Fractured 24/7 I can, right??? The thing is YOU BIOWARE DON'T WANT people to play whatever they want, BECAUSE YOU NERF IT.

Doesn't matter what the players choose to do, you gonna nerf it until everything gives nothing and not worth playing it.

Another extremely dumb move Bioware.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you farm that though? Is it even the quickest uprising since the exploit fix? Firefrost seems a lot quicker to me. but if you wanna farm stuff, then surely the CZ flashpoints are the way to go now?? Or maybe Taral V, Hammer Station... you know the easy fps. What is it? 12k for 3 of them? + whatever each of them brings. I reckon youd be looking at 9-12 crates easy for 3 of any of them on hm. And 3 of these... that's 70-90m tops with a decent group mate.

MMO, mate, not static, never was, hopefully never will be... gotta keep moving.

Edited by leehambly

I was wondering if anyone will mention this.

Also it was not in patch notes and Eric said EVERYTHING is in patch notes or its a bug.

EAWare has been leaving vital items (usually nerfs to CXP or classes) out of the last several patches. In the past they've tried to claim it was a mistake, but when it's happened three (or more, I'd have to go back and count) times in a row? They're just being dishonest.

"Have a buff to CXP gains! But... don't actually farm the most efficient ways of getting CXP, that's too much." What kind of logic is that?

"Have a buff to CXP gains! But... don't actually farm the most efficient ways of getting CXP, that's too much." What kind of logic is that?

Wasn't Fractured the farming uprising purely due to the exploit though? That one fight you could skip is basically half the entire encounter, timewise... there are quicker uprisings... we timed a two man on all 5 just before the nerf and Firefrost is fastest by a good couple of minutes. Just don't all go the same way when you have to do the left and right terminals.

Wasn't Fractured the farming uprising purely due to the exploit though? That one fight you could skip is basically half the entire encounter, timewise... there are quicker uprisings... we timed a two man on all 5 just before the nerf and Firefrost is fastest by a good couple of minutes. Just don't all go the same way when you have to do the left and right terminals.

The bug is what got fractured the attention it did but when it was fixed, come to find out fractured was the fastest UR anyway. You can skip a number of mob packs to help in that time which you cannot do in most others.

Our group can run it in about 12 mins sometimes a hair less. There is no other UR we can hit that is that fast even frostfire (which you can't hardly skip anything).

If you want to farm an UR, fractured is the way to go. Learn what you mobs you can skip and fractured is easily the fastest UR there is. We have found none of the others to be faster or better use of the play time.

The bug is what got fractured the attention it did but when it was fixed, come to find out fractured was the fastest UR anyway. You can skip a number of mob packs to help in that time which you cannot do in most others.

Our group can run it in about 12 mins sometimes a hair less. There is no other UR we can hit that is that fast even frostfire (which you can't hardly skip anything).

If you want to farm an UR, fractured is the way to go. Learn what you mobs you can skip and fractured is easily the fastest UR there is. We have found none of the others to be faster or better use of the play time.

We timed Firefrost at around 8-9m... significant improvement... seriously, do the left and right both at the same time and its very quick. Even with the exploit there wasn't much in it. And sorry... but other people do this too, results may vary :p

Edited by leehambly

We timed Firefrost at around 8-9m... significant improvement... seriously, do the left and right both at the same time and its very quick. Even with the exploit there wasn't much in it. And sorry... but other people do this too, results may vary :p

I'll test it but I do question your time in frost fire.

I'll test it but I do question your time in frost fire.

Why? It was simple arithmetic... the time we finished minus the time we started.. much the same way we worked out the other times. Like I say, there wasn't much in it prior to the exploit fix, we used to run it just to break up the monotony.

And tbh, as I said up there... the easier flashpoints are prolly a better return for time spent now, certainly at the start of the week, with new weeklies.

Edited by leehambly

The topic is "Nerfing the Fractured CXP."

Can someone confirm that has happened?

The cxp was dropped down somewhat apparently. Are people ignoring the 10k odd extra on the flashpoints weeklies? That adds 3-4k per fp, which have been boosted individually, for those 3 hm fps alone... and its not as great for the tfp's, but that's only cos its more to complete it... its about the same amount... not logged in atm, so cant verify the exact cxp amount... its 10-12k for the two weeklies.

Edited by leehambly

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I am looking into your reports but I need some more details. Where exactly are you getting less CXP from? The Mission? A specific mob?

I am not aware of any nerfs that were made to it, so let me know where the nerf appears to be and I will pass that on for investigation.

-eric

Because I'm not taking your word for it. Pretty simple.

You should ensure you give it the same time and effort that you innately give the Uprising you have been mindlessly grinding for the last few weeks then. Couple of runs should do it... and don't forget to split into two groups at the crossroads. Pleasure btw, no worries at all.

Edited by leehambly

You should ensure you give it the same time and effort that you innately give the Uprising you have been mindlessly grinding for the last few weeks then. Couple of runs should do it... and don't forget to split into two groups at the crossroads. Pleasure btw, no worries at all.

We'll put in the same time and effort any of those mindless uprisings deserve.

Whatever is best for CXP for the game time.

Hey folks,

I am looking into your reports but I need some more details. Where exactly are you getting less CXP from? The Mission? A specific mob?

I am not aware of any nerfs that were made to it, so let me know where the nerf appears to be and I will pass that on for investigation.

-eric

Setting the eventual outcome on this matter aside, thank you for noticing and responding.

A continued and consistent effort of this nature will go a long way towards rebuilding trust. Over and above the dislike of the features implemented, you'd have noticed a distinct lack of trust, respect and an automatic assumption of incompetence, malevolence, mendacity and bad motivations among a significant portion of the forum posters (admittedly a small portion of the players.)

Following the forums (you have interns, rights?,) responding where appropriate with accurate and timely information will definitely help the situation. At the same time, not getting into back-and-forth with individual posters is likely to avoid encouraging bad behavior and objectionable words from immature posters.

I appreciate the increased participation on the forums by you over the last few days and am wondering what it means for your working hours. This is a worthwhile effort. Thank you and please stay this course.

Hey folks,

-eric

The mission quest give less CXP then all the OTHER Uprisings in both SM and VET....

Edited by Kyuuu

I just checked and can confirm it.

Go to the fleet's "Combat Training " section and click on the "Uprising: Veteran Mode" terminal to bring up a list of the Uprisings. Fractured shows 1900 CXP reward and all other Uprisings show 2584 CXP reward. I ran a fractured in Veteran mode and did get the lower 1900 CXP. The corresponding Story Mode numbers are 950 CXP for Fractured and 1292 for other Uprisings.

Hey folks,

-eric

Before 5.1.2, I was getting around 3-4k CXP for each and every completion of Veteran Fractured. After 5.1.2, for the mission itself even as the bonus I get 1900 for doing the mission. Thats a 50% nerf

And I am sorry but you expect me to believe this wasnt an intentional nerf when Bioware has a proven track record when it comes to CXP to nerfing the ways people are farming. I do not believe for a second that Eric Musco isnt aware of exactly what they nerfed here, without bothering to include it in the patch notes

And I am sorry but you expect me to believe this wasnt an intentional nerf when Bioware has a proven track record when it comes to CXP to nerfing the ways people are farming. I do not believe for a second that Eric Musco isnt aware of exactly what they nerfed here, without bothering to include it in the patch notes

I don't know if Eric knows it, but this is an intentional nerf. Bugs don't work neatly like that. All Uprisings seem to have gotten nerfed, Fractured particularly hard. If they don't acknowledge, apologize and revert, I don't see what point there is in Eric taking the active communicator role he's been taking on these last few days. Just proves that everyone should ascribe the most negatives motives to what BW does and treat it with utmost suspicion.

I don't know if Eric knows it, but this is an intentional nerf. Bugs don't work neatly like that. All Uprisings seem to have gotten nerfed, Fractured particularly hard. If they don't acknowledge, apologize and revert, I don't see what point there is in Eric taking the active communicator role he's been taking on these last few days. Just proves that everyone should ascribe the most negatives motives to what BW does and treat it with utmost suspicion.

Yes, if they thought Veteral Uprisings were giving too much cxp and wanted to decrease the amount rewarded, at least tell people what you are doing and include it in the patch notes. We are smart enough to figure out what was being rewarded prior to 5.1.2 and what is being rewarded after. Hiding what was done and hoping no one would notice is worse than the actual act.

Hey folks,

-eric

The mission reward itself, with the boost on it is yielding 2400 even for the reward, whereas the other veteran modes are giving 3600+

The mission reward itself, with the boost on it is yielding 2400 even for the reward, whereas the other veteran modes are giving 3600+

The thing is they nerfed all of the uprisings because they were all giving over 3500 without a boost before 5.1.2 and now all of the uprisings give right around 2400 without a boost and Fractured gives 1900. They nerfed all the uprisings, with Fractured getting nerfed more than the others