Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solo Ranked

Kafrow
04.13.2020 , 06:43 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
For some reason, the queue gets more active quite late. It was popping frequently from 12am-2am est, and it was still popping when I went to bed slightly after 2. I agree with you that I wished it started popping earlier though.
Is this 100% accurate? Monday-Sunday 12am-2am est on SF? Ive been trying to find the que timers. Or try to grind some rating but find myself waiting hours with no pop. Feels dead. I have completed 10 games around midnight est time before but wasnt sure if this is correct time all through the week?
Thanks

JediMasterAlex
04.13.2020 , 11:58 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Kafrow View Post
Is this 100% accurate? Monday-Sunday 12am-2am est on SF? Ive been trying to find the que timers. Or try to grind some rating but find myself waiting hours with no pop. Feels dead. I have completed 10 games around midnight est time before but wasnt sure if this is correct time all through the week?
Thanks
It ebbs and flows. Sometimes it starts popping a lot earlier, like 7-8est. Sometimes it doesn't really start popping in earnest until 10-11est. It almost always seems to get more populated as the night does on, and usually it keeps popping until after 2am (when I usually go to sleep, so I don't know exactly when it stops).

Also keep in mind that there can be games going on while you get skipped by the queue. If there's only one game going at a time and you get skipped twice in a row, you can be waiting for 20 minutes to get into a game even while it's technically popping. Queueing for ranked does sometimes require some patience.

merovejec
04.14.2020 , 01:12 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Kafrow View Post
Thanks
That is very random I would say. Like this one time, long ago I was doing ranked on SF and it wasnt poping at all. Then I got the bright idea to start streaming. When I did so people came to my stream and saw that im on SF and many logged in just to kick my butt and pops suddenly started and it were quite good games even!

So I would say its very very random.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

ajiehblr
04.14.2020 , 02:11 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Complaining about someones performance is one thing. Telling (not even asking, telling) them to stop queueing, throwing direct insults and being generally toxic is another.

The world doesn't revolve around a single individual. Instead of raging about it, you could make an effort to try and help these players rather than chase them out the door.

Spend a few hours queuing SR yesterday and had a few good games. And a few less great ones where the experience was worsened by a handful of people thinking the world of themselves and then going on a raging spree.
Only to then face them the next game and have them find out there aren't any more human than anyone else

Some people meme about it. But there are a bunch of them that are serious and they could use a serious reality check.
Have you tried to help them? For real have you tried? Maybe 1% of them is listening it's the best case. 99% tell you to shut up and play. IDK what they are trying to prove going SR and being globaled in every game but it's the reason ppl rage and are toxic. Everything else is just an aftermath of incompetent ppl entering SR. And the dude who wrote a long post here about how PvP is toxic could be the reason why. The main problem of SR is that's some sort of end game activity that has no restriction for players to participate in it. And toxic ppl are just natural filters. Let be honest none of us doesn't want SR to be filled up with new players who have no clue what to do. Also, ppl aren't robots and they do have emotions and PvP is a highly emotional game experience so if you are afraid of ppl in their hight emotional state maybe you should avoid SR. I've played SR from season 1 and I really don't see much difference in player's behavior. It was there all the time. Though I see a difference in WZ there was much more rage before because ppl were playing objectives nowadays it's more casual DPS fest. I don't want this to happen to SR too.

ajiehblr
04.14.2020 , 02:33 AM | #35
Quote:
All yesterday morning and afternoon, we had more than one premade of ranked heroes deliberately sabotaging regs, not playing objectively just farming numbers at mid no matter where or what match. They not only did that, they took the ball, carried it around in Huttball matches, and then just passed it back and forth the entire duration. In fact, they didn't even bother scoring not once, although they were so much stronger than the opposing regs team they were able to hold the ball the entire duration of the match, not losing it once.

This behavior is spearheaded by members of the ranked community who others follow. Naturally, now we have a bunch of this crap going on because BW hasn't stepped in and taken care of these toxic individuals, but I will not fully blame them. I get it that people are probably intimidated by these bullying children, especially other young players who are easy to manipulate and intimidate via peer pressure and the likes.

I am going to start petitioning them. I will encourage my guild to do the same, and i will ask my friends to petition these children now, because obviously no one else is or I believe BW would have done something before now to stop some of this uncalled for behavior.
A perfect sample of a player who doesn't want to improve but instead make the game more casual. The next thing you will do is start petitioning because you lost your WZ though you had BiS gear in the game XD I applaud that premade for what they have done. And you know what? They didn't break a single rule of Hut Ball match because it's one of the strategies to win the match. Also, premades are a legal way to queue WZ. Calling people toxic because they play the game in a way they want is a bit exaggerated. If I remember correctly there is an achievement in the game to kill 10 players and die 10 times during WZ. So you even can't technically blame someone in WZ if he is not playing objectives because who knows maybe he is aiming for this achievement.

JediMasterAlex
04.14.2020 , 07:36 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
That is very random I would say. Like this one time, long ago I was doing ranked on SF and it wasnt poping at all. Then I got the bright idea to start streaming. When I did so people came to my stream and saw that im on SF and many logged in just to kick my butt and pops suddenly started and it were quite good games even!

You stumbled onto a good point that I forgot to mention. When people stream solo ranked on SF, that does seem to encourage more people to queue, I think because it confirms that it's popping more than anything. I wouldn't exactly call that random though.

Lhancelot
04.14.2020 , 09:37 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post

That's not random people flock to streams, you know that lol. So, I guess if we want solo ranked to pop more often I guess we need to have people broadcast they are streaming in solo ranked. Sounds legit.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582