An in-depth look at: The Great Sith War Part 2

Aurbere

Sorry it took so long to get Part 2 posted, but here it is.

If you missed Part 1 you can find it in the index or here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=574715

"My warriors need another crusade. The Empress Teta system is in chaos, overstretched by their many conquests. The witch Aleema and her Jedi devotee will fall under the fist of Mandalore!"- Mandalore the Indomitable

Having been ordained by Marka Ragnos, the new Sith Lords- Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma- began making plans to conquer the galaxy. They began by using a powerful artifact of Naga Sadow, the Dark Reaper, to bring the Empress Teta system in line. The Dark Reaper used Force Harvesters to collect Force energy from a planet and unleash that energy to destroy anything in Exar Kun's path.

Kun used the Dark Reaper to devastate Raxus Prime and Makem, but Ulic Qel-Droma was still filled with doubt. He contacted Nomi Sunrider and the Jedi and warned them of the Reaper and told them how to destroy it. Nomi and the Jedi used this knowledge to attack the Dark Reaper on Thule and destroy it. They tore the machine apart and spread it's pieces across the galaxy, putting the Force Harvesters on Raxus Prime. The Jedi hoped that it would never be used again, but the Dark machine would rise again during the Clone Wars.

In spite of the loss of the Dark Reaper, Exar Kun's plans continued. He began working to bring disillusioned Jedi to the Dark Side. Many Jedi felt hopeless after the death of Arca Jeth, and Exar Kun took advantage of their hopelessness. He traveled to Ossus and told the Jedi that the Order was hiding great knowledge from them. Having heard of Exar Kun's mastery of The Force, many Jedi flocked to him, wishing to learn from the great Sith Lord.

Exar Kun told the Jedi to prepare for the journey to Yavin IV. While they prepared, he entered the Great Library and confronted its Librarian- Odan-Urr. He demanded the Jedi hand over the Dark Holocron, but Odan-Urr saw the taint within Kun and knew what the Sith Lord planned to do. He refused and summoned the power mastery of the Light Side could afford him, but his age and frail body was too weak, and Exar Kun slew him with a powerful Force blast. As Exar Kun looted the Holocron from its cradle, his future students arrived and demanded answers. Exar Kun took this moment to further enthrall them to his side. He told them that Odan-Urr had suddenly died and made Kun a Jedi Master and asked him to guard the Dark Holocron. This lie proved effective as the young Jedi were further enthralled by Kun's great power.

With the Holocron and potential students in his possession, Exar Kun traveled to the fourth moon of Yavin. Upon landing on the moon, one Jedi- Oss Willum- felt the Dark taint of Yavin IV and decided that he could not follow Exar Kun. As the young Jedi began to leave, he was attacked by the Massassi Warriors that Kun had enslaved. The other Jedi leapt to his defense, but Exar Kun used his power to quickly end the battle. He then told the Jedi that he had felt the Dark taint as well, and told them that the only way to cleanse the taint was to destroy Odan-Urr's Dark Holocron. He smashed the Holocron and released its Dark spirits. These spirits then possessed the Jedi and brought them into the Dark Side. The Jedi had been corrupted and their devotion to Exar Kun was now unquestionable.

Meanwhile, Ulic Qel-Droma led the united Empress Teta system into battle across other systems. Believing the Krath had spread themselves too thin, Mandalore the Indomitable led the Mandalorians on another crusade. They attacked many worlds and eventually garnered the attention of Ulic Qel-Droma. The Sith Lord would not suffer these attacks and commanded Mandalore to surrender, but Mandalore refused and demanded a duel with the Sith Lord. Ulic agreed to the duel, only if Mandalore would fight under his banner should the Sith Lord be victorious. Not wishing to see his honor tarnished, Mandalore accepted the terms and called for the duel to be held on the Mandalorian conquered world of Kuar.

The duel would take place high above the groud on suspended chains. Mandalore took the advantage by using his personal Basilisk War Droid, but Ulic was not afforded such a luxury. Mandalore attempted to kill Ulic with the weaponry of the War Droid, but it was quickly destroyed by the Sith Lord. Mandalore was forced to fight hand-to-hand, but he saw that he stood no chance against the lightsaber of Ulic Qel-Droma and requested the Sith Lord use the traditional blade of the Mandalorians. Ulic agreed and was still victorious. At the end of the duel, Mandalore asked that he be killed with honor, but Ulic demanded that the Mandalorians fight under his banner. Mandalore agreed to the terms and would lead the Mandalorians in service to Ulic Qel-Droma.

With the Mandalorians and newly annonted Sith at their command, Exar Kun and Ulic-Qel Droma made plans to destroy the Jedi Order and conquer the galaxy.

*Who is the famous Sith Lord that served in Exar Kun's Sith Brotherhood?

Have a topic? Post them below, in the Index, or PM me! :)

Nice! I assume there will be a 'Part 3'?

This also nicely concides with my Kaggath: Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow. Read up people :D

And to answer your question: Darth Sion. Although I don't believe he called himself 'Darth' at that point, just Sion (which was probably his original name) neither do I believe he called himself the 'Lord of Pain'. I think Traya gave him that title. Question, is there any mention or appearance of Sion pre-KOTOR works or works after KOTOR about Exar Kun and the Great Sith War? Or did Obsidian sort of shoe-horn him in?

Nice! I assume there will be a 'Part 3'?

This also nicely concides with my Kaggath: Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow. Read up people :D

And to answer your question: Darth Sion. Although I don't believe he called himself 'Darth' at that point, just Sion (which was probably his original name) neither do I believe he called himself the 'Lord of Pain'. I think Traya gave him that title. Question, is there any mention or appearance of Sion pre-KOTOR works or works after KOTOR about Exar Kun and the Great Sith War? Or did Obsidian sort of shoe-horn him in?

Yep, there will be a Part 3. The war isn't nearly over. I would make each part longer, but I don't want to go 'wall of text' mode. :p

Yep, Darth Sion is the answer(free cookiee :)). He wasn't a Sith Lord at that time, but he was able to come back to life. Each wound he suffered built up an intolerance to pain and when he was cut down, he used that pain to come back to life. Because of this, he was forced to live in constant pain.

I believe he made his first appearance in KOTOR 2.

Darth Sion fought under Exar Kun in the Great Sith War? That sounds like a more recent addition to his backstory because I'm pretty sure Kotor 2 does not hint at this. In fact if anything it almost hints at the opposite. The game says outright that all 3 Sith Lords in the game gain their power from Malachor V and as such The Mandalorian Wars. When was that revealed? Was it in those later Kotor comics?

Darth Sion fought under Exar Kun in the Great Sith War? That sounds like a more recent addition to his backstory because I'm pretty sure Kotor 2 does not hint at this. In fact if anything it almost hints at the opposite. The game says outright that all 3 Sith Lords in the game gain their power from Malachor V and as such The Mandalorian Wars. When was that revealed? Was it in those later Kotor comics?

It was revealed in later comics, I think. During the war, Sion endured countless injuries, and when he was finally cut down, that pain that he had endured allowed him to come back.

He also fought with Darth Revan during the Jedi Civil War.

It was revealed in later comics, I think. During the war, Sion endured countless injuries, and when he was finally cut down, that pain that he had endured allowed him to come back.

He also fought with Darth Revan during the Jedi Civil War.

Well it was mentioned in the KOTOR Campaign Guide, but I assume that came after.

Strangely, in KOTOR 2 Sion claims that the Mandalorian Wars 'shaped him' and that he fought in them, how is that possible?

Well it was mentioned in the KOTOR Campaign Guide, but I assume that came after.

Strangely, in KOTOR 2 Sion claims that the Mandalorian Wars 'shaped him' and that he fought in them, how is that possible?

I believe Sion fought in that war as well. Though I don't know what his role was. I doubt he was fighting with the Jedi. I'm thinking he was a Jedi hunter during that time, or a mercenary type.

I'm a little hazy on what Sion did during the wars previous to the Dark Wars.

Sounds like a retcon or a contradiction in his backstory then.

Edited by OldVengeance

If aurbre was going to live in any age of the SW Universe, I'd say it would be this time, the great sith war.

Me Personally, I think i'd be at home being a pilot around the time of the Rogue Squadron series of books.

What a wild time in the skies. That or a ground pounder in the Mandalorian wars.

Sounds like a retcon or a contradiction in his backstory then.
Well it doesn't really contradict, KOTOR 2 already said that Sion gained his power of immortality before he met Traya. He fought in the JCW and the Mandalorian Wars so I don't see why not the Great Sith War. I wouldn't say it's retcon, just an addition to his backstory which is pretty vague in KOTOR 2.