What will run best?

Tekell

Most seem to be the same base computer, with only slight changes.

The TigerDirect one appears to be the only one with a separate video card, but it's still not an "uber" card (but should be better than the ones using the Intel on-board one). It also had 16Gb memory vs 8Gb on the others - so that's a nice upgrade.

I'd consider looking for a 7200 RPM hard drive rather than 5400, as things will load from the hard drive faster (think of all the cut scenes and load planet load screens loading quite a bit faster).

Also considering upgrading that video card. While it might work, it won't work 'great'. Spending $150-200 on a really good card (not uber ... just really good) will likely be well worth the money.

Welcome to the difficulties of buying "off the shelf" computers. They never seem to be what you want/need for the money you want to spend. Good Luck!!

Most seem to be the same base computer, with only slight changes.

The TigerDirect one appears to be the only one with a separate video card, but it's still not an "uber" card (but should be better than the ones using the Intel on-board one). It also had 16Gb memory vs 8Gb on the others - so that's a nice upgrade.

I'd consider looking for a 7200 RPM hard drive rather than 5400, as things will load from the hard drive faster (think of all the cut scenes and load planet load screens loading quite a bit faster).

Also considering upgrading that video card. While it might work, it won't work 'great'. Spending $150-200 on a really good card (not uber ... just really good) will likely be well worth the money.

Welcome to the difficulties of buying "off the shelf" computers. They never seem to be what you want/need for the money you want to spend. Good Luck!!

^ This, and why some years back I started building my own.

Definitely consider a 7200 rpm hard drive like mentioned, and buy your own graphics card to put in. For a reference point, I'm using one of these. It's plenty good on high settings in this game. You can find something around the same price range that's even better though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130610

Do you have any recommendations for video cards that are under $150 that would run on high or the only ones that will do high $200+? And will any of these play on high as is? Edited by Tekell

short answer :: yes, you can buy a nice card for $150ish.

However, Video Cards get somewhat complicated quick - depends on which computer (motherboard) and case you end up getting :: does it have a PCI Express 2 slot or PCI Express 3? Also the video cards can get quite bulky (takes two slots and/or longer than others, so depends on how the case arranges things) or the height available. And does the power supply have extra plugs that can connect to the Video Card you would buy.

Example issue: your tigerDirect PC listed above has a 1/2 height video card, so it's possible that the full height cards won't even fit that particular machine, but I couldn't find a pict of the inner workings to tell.

Asus CM line is "Entertainment" line, and the CG line is their "Gaming" line. Browsing the Asus website, look slike some of the CG series had some nice Video Card options, but weirdly I couldn't find stores that carried them. BestBuy had one, for $1500, but couldn't even tell which Video Card it had installed. <ugh>

OP if you don't have time or interest in learning up on component compatibilities etc, from that list I'd suggest the first one from tigerdirect. I took a quick look through that site and others, looks like good specs in the price range.

One other thing you could do is look for i5 gaming computers for sale. I just typed that into google and a lot of good stuff for sale showed up at prices at or below what your budget appears to be.

An Intel i5 ivy bridge processor runs TOR as good as an i7, and should handle any games out there fine. The build I mentioned in post above has an i5 ivy bridge 3.4 ghz. No lag so far on high settings in this game, and TOR is a cpu hog.

Edited by Joesixxpack