Top 3 GTN annoyances

Raora

1. As a resource seller, someone pricing stacks 1 credit per unit lower than mine. If you are going to undercut me, undercut me!

2. People who place stacks on the GTN in stacks of 1, even worse people who put stacks of 1 that are undercutting me by 1 credit per unit. Just takes up space on the GTN and it's far more profitable in stacks of 20 or so. Putting 50 stacks of 1 with an average sale of 750 is 37,500 credits over 1-2 days. Just go out and run dallies for an hour and make more that.

3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!

Sorry, just had to get this off my chest

Raora

Edited by Raora

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. People who post prices below the given buyout price. If two Terenthium cost 95 creds to gather, you need to sell both of them for 50-75 each to make any profit. Can't believe people are too stupid to understand that...

2. If I want to sell multiple stacks of the same item, I have to post that stack, then manually adjust the price. For each. Effing. Stack.

3. Buy my damn Silica already.

1. People who post prices below the given buyout price. If two Terenthium cost 95 creds to gather, you need to sell both of them for 50-75 each to make any profit. Can't believe people are too stupid to understand that...

2. If I want to sell multiple stacks of the same item, I have to post that stack, then manually adjust the price. For each. Effing. Stack.

3. Buy my damn Silica already.

I hear ya, I stay far away from that stuff. I learned my lesson

3b. People trying to sell material,wears, etc in general chat. Do they not know of the GTN or something?

people who list items on the market for lower than mats, or lower than selling to vendor.

Well I'd not think of running ot a vendor to check cost of each item, besides the auto price on the GTN on most items are stupidly low for some items and too high for others.

1. As a resource seller, someone pricing stacks 1 credit per unit lower than mine. If you are going to undercut me, undercut me!

Oddly, I've run into the opposite problem on my server (BC). I'll list a stack of something for 3,000 credits, come back the next morning and see that three other people have listed the same size stack of the same item ... for 3,000 credits. At this point I feel uncomfortable lowering my price, since they were polite enough to not undercut me overnight. In every other MMO the market was like you mentioned: ruthless undercutting by some token amount (one copper piece, etc) until the price slowly lowers a substantial amount, at which point everyone selling loses considerable amounts of money on bulk sales. Is my server just unusually cooperative on the GTN, or is not bottoming out the price of goods a common thing here in SWTOR? Either way, I'm pleasantly surprised!

2. People who place stacks on the GTN in stacks of 1, even worse people who put stacks of 1 that are undercutting me by 1 credit per unit. Just takes up space on the GTN and it's far more profitable in stacks of 20 or so. Putting 50 stacks of 1 with an average sale of 750 is 37,500 credits over 1-2 days. Just go out and run dallies for an hour and make more that.

Oh dear, I'm guess I'm one of those people. Selling smaller stacks of Crew materials make sense in the lower level markets (I'm a shiny new character, so I can't exactly gather top-notch goods). When I first looked at the GTN for some Biotech supplies, I found that I could easily afford a few units of the stuff (about 25c/each), but all the stacks were near 99 units - way out of what a starting player could afford at once. Once I made it past tier 1 supplies I started selling off the extras, in stacks of 1, 5, 10, and 25. My stacks of 10 and 25 have rarely sold, and usually just get re-listed one at a time. I can see how 50 stacks of 1 unit each could be annoying to search through, but there's always going to be a market for people who are "just one short" of whatever they need. Why not scoop up those sales, rather than leaving them high and dry - and missing out on the money?

3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!

Probably the same upstanding, flawless citizens who park their stupid stinkin' speeders on top the of mailbox. Grrrr. I couldn't agree with you more on this point!

Sorry, just had to get this off my chest

Raora

1. I don't see that to often actually and if it is a few stacks I don't worry about it since they will clear out quickly. I did have one person undercut me by one credit for about eight stacks. Although I only list about four stacks at a time to give other sellers a chance, I have a ton of mats to sell. So I just came back and undercut the lister by 1 credit and listed fifteen stacks. As they sold, I added new stacks to keep my listings between 10 and 15 stacks at any time. Two days later the undercutter had not sold one stack. Funny thing is, he then came back and again undrcut me by 1 credit on his eight stacks. I repeated and undercut him again. After a week of that he had not made one sale and I finally backed off. He sold his stuff and I have never seen him list again.

2. Considering the time it takes to use the spliter and do a listing, I don't get people who list a bunch of stacks cosisting of one item. I see this all over the place. Since typically no one needs one mat at a time when they buy and stacks of 8 to 10 go at a much lower unit price, it is not clear if they actually sell anything. If they are actually listing at a low unit price, it is also not clear why they do not list the items in stacks of eight or ten and get it over with in one action. I saw a lot of the "stacks of one" thing in WOW but since the auction interface allows for the creation of multiple listings in one pass, it was not surprising like it is here.

3. I haven't seen to many people running around the kiosks in circles.

----------------

My only real annoyance is the poor quality of the GTN interface and having to splitt a stack of 99 items down to 10s or 8s for each listing - no ability to chose listing stack size, stack price, and number of stacks to be listed in one pass as in WOW

Oddly, I've run into the opposite problem on my server (BC). I'll list a stack of something for 3,000 credits, come back the next morning and see that three other people have listed the same size stack of the same item ... for 3,000 credits. At this point I feel uncomfortable lowering my price, since they were polite enough to not undercut me overnight. In every other MMO the market was like you mentioned: ruthless undercutting by some token amount (one copper piece, etc) until the price slowly lowers a substantial amount, at which point everyone selling loses considerable amounts of money on bulk sales. Is my server just unusually cooperative on the GTN, or is not bottoming out the price of goods a common thing here in SWTOR? Either way, I'm pleasantly surprised!

Oh dear, I'm guess I'm one of those people. Selling smaller stacks of Crew materials make sense in the lower level markets (I'm a shiny new character, so I can't exactly gather top-notch goods). When I first looked at the GTN for some Biotech supplies, I found that I could easily afford a few units of the stuff (about 25c/each), but all the stacks were near 99 units - way out of what a starting player could afford at once. Once I made it past tier 1 supplies I started selling off the extras, in stacks of 1, 5, 10, and 25. My stacks of 10 and 25 have rarely sold, and usually just get re-listed one at a time. I can see how 50 stacks of 1 unit each could be annoying to search through, but there's always going to be a market for people who are "just one short" of whatever they need. Why not scoop up those sales, rather than leaving them high and dry - and missing out on the money?

Probably the same upstanding, flawless citizens who park their stupid stinkin' speeders on top the of mailbox. Grrrr. I couldn't agree with you more on this point!

I just think stacks of 1 are just a waste of time. In the time it takes to sell 50 stacks of 1 I can sell 2 stacks of 20 and make more.

I've gotten to the point where I do not have to gather my own material but just buy up all the underpriced mats people put up because they do not know how to research the going rate. Doing this allows me to place stacks of material of 20-32 for an average of 23k times 50 for 12 hours. On average during that 12 hours I sell 30 of those 50 stacks and make around 700k per 12 hour period. Alot more efficient than making 16k putting up stacks of 1.

Unless you like being generous helping others out with small stacks, but it takes the same amount of time putting 50 stacks of 20 or 50 stacks of 1 which is not worth my time.

I just think stacks of 1 are just a waste of time. In the time it takes to sell 50 stacks of 1 I can sell 2 stacks of 20 and make more.

It might just be a low level market thing, but I list larger stacks of 10 and 25 right beside a bunch of one unit stacks, and find that the single items sell and the larger stacks just sit there for two days. I suspect that many first-time players, like myself, just can't afford a stack of 25 green goo (or other early supplies), but are happy to purchase the few that they need right here and now. I guess that by the time you're level 50, most people have enough credits to just snag a stack of 99 units without even thinking twice about the price, and I very much look forward to being able to gather up things that I don't have to break into a dozen stacks of one every morning. Some day, soon I hope!

4. Myself

My good natured self befriended someone who was putting items on the GTN for 23-113 cr/unit. I /telled him and found out he did not know how to check going rates. I preceeded to teach him. He followed by undercutting me by a few credits my sales. sheesh

Edited by Raora

Ha, this gets me going too. If I see someone doing that when I'm putting something up I deliberately under cut WAY more than just 1 credit. If not, I'll match the next lowest total in an attempt to even out the market and not give in to the <1credit behavior.

For me my main top GTN annoyance is the GTN it self. It is so messed up dealing with it just to sale our products. I wish we had our own Vendors that we could use. :rolleyes:

At some point your Legacy can get the GTN on your ships, I can't wait!!!!

My biggest gripe about the GTN, Speeders pushed right up into it. Why do you need to be on your speeder when you are doing business? Do we just have way too much drive through mentality these days? Please, Please, Please, get off your speeder when you pull up to the thing, it's a small enough area as it is.

people who list items on the market for lower than mats, or lower than selling to vendor.

I personally like this one... Just bought a hell of a lot of level 50 greens for about 300 each and went and vendored them for 5 times that.... Made some quick cash.

1. Guys that sell Battle-master and War Hero schematics at a price at which the 5 schematics would cost more than the box that contains it at PvP vendors (ex : 20 000 credits)

2. That the lvl written on GTN for Schematics is always "1". I'd love that i could sort them by level of the craftable item.

3. People who sell a Sith Warrior-only arm armor part, but with an Aim armoring and a Willpower Mod inserted at the cost of 500 000.

Edited by Altheran

LOL! Those people running laps at the market is bizarre. I also don't understand bunny hoppers in fleet. "Dude nobody is shooting at you, calm your *** down."

4. People in large vehicles parking on top of the email point.

Things I do like:

1. People with the droid playing the Mos Eisley Cantina music at the GTN node. I don't mind dancing while I work. And I'm so sick of the music playing at the fleet bar.

For me top annoyances.

1. No BBS system, where I could advertise, I can make this and that, costs that much, if you like my prices contact me.

2. No bartering system, I have this and I would like to exchange for that (those) items.

3. No items listing scrolling, what is with this pages clicking? Obviously BW employees not playing game.

Current GTN is typical auction house, like in any MMO and it is so out dated. Come on BW, something new please, GTN is just copying other games AH.

And because no BBS or bartering GTN is a mess, like mentioned above, you have click through so many pages, where just 1 item of stackable goods is listed.

Edited by Chaffery

I have mentioned this berfore and it may be a recent blip, but over the last few days I have been hit with what I feel is a (probably just me) string of nasty undercuts. By nasty I mean listing at one credit below my price (which I can live with to a degree) but then putting up a page or two of items at 1 credit below mine. That generally guarentees that none of my listings or any above me will sell. As an aside, I usually list four or five (at most) groups of similar items at a time at what I think is a fair price. That leaves room for everyone to particpate in the GTN and make some money.

I usually react badly to this practice (just me). My response was simple because I am lucky in that I have more credits than my wife and I could ever spend, can craft about anything that we may need, and have 16 cargo holds full of mats that actually have run out of room (as well as brimming bags with little to no space left). So I came back and undercut the undercutters (all three on different items) by one credit and then listed two pages of sales before theirs. I monitor the items and as mine sell add to the listings one credit below the undercutters. I feel badly about the people who had listed at or a little above my original listings, but the undercutter guarenteed that they would never sell anything in any case.

So one of my main annoyancees are those preditory players who screw ohers by their listing practices.

I've gotten to where I've add to my FL all the other resource sellers so I'll know when they list and when to hold off til they list first.

We probably are on different servers. I have never seen anyone (or anyones if you list on multiple characters) listing around me in a discernable pattern.

Have eight characters and list on all of them (can move mats around for listing at will and sometimes do so).

Yesterday, I was looking ahead and found that I did not have a number of schematics (in purple) at an upcoming level for my wife's Gunslinger (cunning) and my Trooper (Aim), so I went into a three hour crafting frenzy and had three characters crafting (REing) and the others moving mats around and running gathering missions. So I ping ponged like crazy between eight characters and actually did some listings while doing so. Anyone who was trying to follow me through a FL would have had a breakdown.

I don't use the FL method (to each their own and we all do what works for us) because I would have to be on the character with the FL all of the time to see what is happening (or have the FL on all of my characters), the fact that a resource lister is on does not mean he/she is listing, and usually the preditory listers are not part of our community of resource sellers - rather people who pop up from nowhere from time to time.

When I want to list, I do not feel that it is productive to wait for someone else to tell me when by their actions. I review the listings in place at the time of my listing and list (or not) accordingly. I then monitor my listings (from time to time) to see what is happening. I don't sit on the GTN looking for underpriced mats, but I find that as a side benefit monitoring my listings (pretty diversified) brings them to my attention and I snap them up.