The Cost of Mats From Scrap Peddlers

DarthBryn

I think / hope you have a miss type in the cost of the new mats from the Jawa Scrap Peddlers. I am aware the prices have gone up across all tiers but the inflation on Grade 11 Mats appears a little excessive.

Tier 1 to Tier 10 mats progress nicely at 1 Jawa Junk piece through to 10 Jawa Junk Pieces then when you hit tier 11 Matts the price sky rockets to 200 Jawa Junk Pieces.

I hope it’s meant to be 20 at the most. The current costing combined with the quantities needed to craft make this form of mat purchase pointless.

This is sad. The top tier mats for Ossus recipes are sellinig ont he GTN for 550 Million. as I have returned from a break, I have no hope in hell of being able to afford them, before 6.0 drops. Or maybe ever.

Making things this expensive means the only ones who will EVER be able to afford them are those who have been sitting around amassing wealth non stop for the last 8 years. But for one of the years I was gone, Bioware wasn't even updating their own website, or their content. THAT is why I didn't return sooner. No NEW anything. Now they punish players for their own lack of interest?

That's just wrong.

Sadly this has been discussed and the devs are not making changes anytime soon.

Well that cinches it....I will not be doing any advanced crafting at all. I don't understand their position on this and I find it completely ridiculous. I hope I like the story content in this update because honestly, I am not looking forward to any of the rest of it.

Are these the same devs from 3.x and 4.x? Or did they hire new ppl who don't remember how things were? My point: there are only 2 NA servers anymore. There used to be.. a hundred? And we still had to wait

if this becomes a grind, a job, just to do things, what, they think we like grinding? No. We don't. At least, most of us don't. I'm beginning to think politics will be more interesting.

Are these the same devs from 3.x and 4.x? Or did they hire new ppl who don't remember how things were? My point: there are only 2 NA servers anymore. There used to be.. a hundred? And we still had to wait

if this becomes a grind, a job, just to do things, what, they think we like grinding? No. We don't. At least, most of us don't. I'm beginning to think politics will be more interesting.

It's like they are totally oblivious to the history of SWTOR. They are totally out of touch apparently, and have no inkling as to what players actually enjoy on this game.

This is evidenced by the stripping of fun features with each and every large update. Add a large helping of RNG to gimmicky gearing systems that get remade every 1-2 years, and what we have is this game.

They dismantled conquest, they dismantled past gearing systems, they changed the game from being a alt-friendly game into a game that punishes alts, and so now one of the only things left to defile is crafting I guess.

Edited by Lhancelot

if this becomes a grind, a job, just to do things, what, they think we like grinding? No. We don't. At least, most of us don't.

Well, ~11,5 million of Path of Exile players have something to tell you about "like" and "grind". :D

Yet it still doesn't make H&S RPG’s gearing system good enough to be used in the MMORPG. :(

I guess, BW sheltered several former Diablo 3 developers after they've lost their job, because we have phones or something. But they can't switch their mindset from one type of a game to another. :rolleyes:

Edited by Solarmind

It seems to be that they are having ops sync you down so that its difficult or levelent to that level maybe? Cause effectively if your level synced down to 50 for lets say EV, your stats will be capped and there for it might be that it still forces you to play mechanics perfectly again?

I wonder if thats their thinking, Im not sure if itll go that way, but it might do

I hope it’s meant to be 20 at the most.

I suspect it's not, but I hope they will relent and change it to 20 at most. Current prices are absurd. I appreciate that some players have very large quantities of scrap stored and understand that the devs want to "get" those players, but surely those are a tiny minority? Such prices are far more punishing to ordinary players who have earned more normal amounts of scrap in the past and will probably continue to do so in future (by comparison to this minority of players - yes, even with scrap earn rate increasing, we'll still earn much less than this minority, since they must've been playing quite differently from us to accrue their stockpiles in the first place).

Eric stated, I believe during a stream as I couldn't find a post about it (but I may have missed it), that the cost of grade 11 mats was intentional as they didn't want to give an advantage to those who have a large stockpile of Jawa junk.

But doesn't this have a much harsher effect on "normal" players who have a much smaller amount of Jawa junk? It's like a 95% tax on everyone, rich and poor alike, but the rich are much more equipped to handle it, because their remaining 5% is so much bigger... :(

Edited by Estelindis

But doesn't this have a much harsher effect on "normal" players who have a much smaller amount of Jawa junk? It's like a 95% tax on everyone, rich and poor alike, but the rich are much more equipped to handle it, because their remaining 5% is so much bigger... :(

Absolutely. Flat taxes always hurt the poor more than the rich.

Eric stated, I believe during a stream as I couldn't find a post about it (but I may have missed it), that the cost of grade 11 mats was intentional as they didn't want to give an advantage to those who have a large stockpile of Jawa junk.

And I understand that for exotic crafting materials. But you can't buy exotic crafting materials with jawa junk.

I dunno, I don't really care if so-and-so collected a hundred stacks of 9999 green jawa scrap. They either paid real money for them in cartel packs or by playing the game with command crates and conquest. They saved for a rainy day, and this is the rainy day. What kind of head start are they actually getting here, when they can't buy exotics? For the record I have only one stack of 9999 green scrap.

It's like they are totally oblivious to the history of SWTOR. They are totally out of touch apparently, and have no inkling as to what players actually enjoy on this game.

This is evidenced by the stripping of fun features with each and every large update. Add a large helping of RNG to gimmicky gearing systems that get remade every 1-2 years, and what we have is this game.

They dismantled conquest, they dismantled past gearing systems, they changed the game from being a alt-friendly game into a game that punishes alts, and so now one of the only things left to defile is crafting I guess.

So much ^^this!!!

I'm baffled at BW.

I will spend all my purple Jawa Scrap before 6.0. I don't really need anything at the moment, but anyway.

And I understand that for exotic crafting materials. But you can't buy exotic crafting materials with jawa junk.

I dunno, I don't really care if so-and-so collected a hundred stacks of 9999 green jawa scrap. They either paid real money for them in cartel packs or by playing the game with command crates and conquest. They saved for a rainy day, and this is the rainy day. What kind of head start are they actually getting here, when they can't buy exotics? For the record I have only one stack of 9999 green scrap.

Oh, I completely agree. They are applying a flat tax and it's only hurting the have-nots, not the haves, but this is their regressive ideology on display.

• 6 months later...
Oh my god! This is stupid ... can I at least buy presents for companios for scraps?

Or where can player buy presents nowadays in 6.1 version of this game?

Thank you.

You can buy delicacies and the robot presents off the Jawa vendors, this is what I tend to do with them.