Darth Zash as a permanent companion

Dylinrae

As far as I know, this hasn't been discussed before.

I'm one of those players who chose Zash over Khem and I'd really like to see her as a permanent companion.

I was happy to see her in the Nathema expansion but I think she was out of character...but that was a scenario for those who chose Khem instead.

She's an amazing character who shouldn't be wasted. She has a fun and interesting personality, and she was really useful back then with the fight against Thanaton, her knowledge and resourcefullness is astounding. Her voice is cool too.

We could get her a new body and everything. I even believe she could be romanced with, she was flirty with the male Inquisitor anyway (in my canon my Inquisitor and her are married, after getting her a new body ofc). :p

I have no interest in this. Personally I always choose khem, but if they do give you Zash I don't care if they don't I don't care. I never found Zash to be anything other than a stereotypical sith, and I have never understood the appeal. Hey if you want her as a companion go ahead and bang that drum.

As long as its wrinkled old lady Zash. Just to remind you to be careful what you wish for.

No. No. No. No.

They should make Zash a companion but give you a choice of:

1) Zash appearing as Jonas Balker;

2) Zash appearing as General Hesker;

3) Zash appearing as Cole Cantarus (spelling? the guy from Corellia);

4) Zash appearing as an Ortolan;

5) Zash appearing as a Jawa.

Duh,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I always chose Khem over Zash, i actually don't understand why someone would choose her over one of, if not the most loyal of all companions, but that's juste me.

That being said, if you want her as a companion, i'm all for that, i would not mind either way, as i'd still always have Khem with me anyways.

Interesting spoilery stuff here!

When and where will the player be given the chance to choose between Khem and Zash? From the mention of Nathama, I imagine it happens sometime in either the Fallen Empire or Eternal Throne expansion.

I would likely recruit Zash for my Inquisitor.

Edited by Nehoda_Niux

Interesting spoilery stuff here!

When and where will the player be given the chance to choose between Khem and Zash?

It was in the original Inquisitor class story. A pretty major part of it too.

I think it's been long enough since the vanilla class stories that no one should have to worry about 'spoiling' them anymore.

To the topic on hand - it would be nice to have Zash return for those who chose her, but not a in young female body please. That just turns her into another generic force-sensitive young female love interest. There's more than enough of them.

Let's see: Zash could return to her beloved inquistor after possessing General Garza. Even better, Satale Shan, that way Zash keeps her force powers and you get more angsty Theron Shan scenes.

Edited by LD_Little_Dragon

It was in the original Inquisitor class story. A pretty major part of it too.

I think it's been long enough since the vanilla class stories that no one should have to worry about 'spoiling' them anymore.

Thanks for the clarification.

It has been ages since I ran the Inquisitor (Sorceror) class storyline. I am now running a 2nd Inquisitor (Assassin) through it, so I appreciate you letting me know that I have a treat to look forward to.

Even better, Satale Shan, that way Zash keeps her force powers and you get more angsty Theron Shan scenes.

Now this...this I could get wholeheartedly behind. I'd even pay 2000 CC for it on the market or more! Just to see Theron squirm and fidget when we're all together in a meeting! LOL

It never fails to worry me how so many people want to make love interests out of NPCs who tried to kill your protagonist--often on more than one occasion. Zash isn't quite as problematic as Arcann "I nuked millions of innocents from orbit on multiple planets" Valkorion, but still... she tried to steal your Inquisitor's body and annihilate your soul in the process. How is that attractive at all? I'm not trying to be mean here, I honestly don't understand it. Edited by AscendingSky

This could be interesting actually. I've chosen Khem with most of my Inquisitors (i have like 6) but chose Zash in 1 or 2 i think. Having her was interesting enough, so if given the option to have her as a permanent companion, i'd like to see where that goes.

Now, would some warriors like to have Baras as a companion too? He also appears in Nathema.

It would have to be ugly Zash, not pretty Zash :eek:

Does it really matter? They would give people a customization option anyway.

Also she doesn't exactly have that body anymore. She'd have to find a new ancient zombie corpse to take over and she just wouldn't.

I don't see how "ugly" Zash makes any sense!

Edited by Eshvara

Does it really matter? They would give people a customization option anyway.

Also she doesn't exactly have that body anymore. She'd have to find a new ancient zombie corpse to take over and she just wouldn't.

I don't see how "ugly" Zash makes any sense!

Esh, Esh, Esh,

If she looks like Jonas or Hesker, I'm all over that. I don't care how many she killed or if she wants to kill me.

:rak_03:

Dasty

Can somebody please explain to me what the appeal of Zash is? I clearly do not get it.

I want to be very, very careful how I phrase this.

Assumption: Roleplay is about someone whom you are not.

I want to explore every aspect of a character. That's why I love alts. I want to see how it unfolds.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Dasty

I didn't mean this thread to be about Zash's betrayal but since some of you don't understand why we'd choose Zash, here's my explanation:

This is not something to be viewed as black and white. She acted out of desparation- her body was dying and she needed to save herself ASAP, and she had already spent years to prepare. All she knew was that she needed a certain slave to achieve her goal. She couldn't have known that she'd eventually grown to like this apprentice. Because she did! She clearly states that, and that it was hard for her to betray him/her:

"I very nearly changed my mind about the ritual, you know. I genuinely like you. But it was that or death, and I don't like anyone that much."

What Zash did was bad of course, but at least it was understandable. And unlike many Sith, she actually respects and values her allies. After "the incident", if you're not being a jerk to her, she isn't hostile towards you and eventually accepts that you're the stronger one, even calling you My Lord instead of Apprentice. If you choose her instead of Khem, she thanks you and says she'd follow your leadership. She's well aware that most Sith would never give her a second chance. There's a chance she'd betray you again, but that is highly unlikely in my opinion, because Zash is not a fool.

And let's face it: the Inquisitor would be dead already if it wasn't for Zash, helping them fighting Thanaton. The Inquisitor owes Zash for this, just like Zash owes her life to the Inquisitor if you choose to spare her.

And let's face it: the Inquisitor would be dead already if it wasn't for Zash, helping them fighting Thanaton. The Inquisitor owes Zash for this, just like Zash owes her life to the Inquisitor if you choose to spare her.

On the other hand, Thanaton would not have been after the Inquisitor if it were not for Zash ploting from the start, and by that point the Inquisitor would already be dead if it was not for Khem saving them from Zash's ritual.

Edited by Goreshaga

I didn't mean this thread to be about Zash's betrayal but since some of you don't understand why we'd choose Zash, here's my explanation:

This is not something to be viewed as black and white. She acted out of desparation- her body was dying and she needed to save herself ASAP, and she had already spent years to prepare. All she knew was that she needed a certain slave to achieve her goal. She couldn't have known that she'd eventually grown to like this apprentice. Because she did! She clearly states that, and that it was hard for her to betray him/her:

"I very nearly changed my mind about the ritual, you know. I genuinely like you. But it was that or death, and I don't like anyone that much."

What Zash did was bad of course, but at least it was understandable. And unlike many Sith, she actually respects and values her allies. After "the incident", if you're not being a jerk to her, she isn't hostile towards you and eventually accepts that you're the stronger one, even calling you My Lord instead of Apprentice. If you choose her instead of Khem, she thanks you and says she'd follow your leadership. She's well aware that most Sith would never give her a second chance. There's a chance she'd betray you again, but that is highly unlikely in my opinion, because Zash is not a fool.

]My inquisitor owes her nothing. She had originally tried to kill me but Khem stepped in so the part of helping me fight with Thananton is a debt she had after trying to kill me.

Esh, Esh, Esh,

If she looks like Jonas or Hesker, I'm all over that. I don't care how many she killed or if she wants to kill me.

:rak_03:

Dasty

You always remind me why it exactly is that I like you.

I think I have a crush.

Edited by Eshvara

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinions. I understand the hate, I just don't agree with it.

My main point is that the developers gave us an option to choose between the two, and since Khem is coming back, it'd be fair to get Zash back too. It would make a really interesting storyline.

Edited by Dylinrae

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinions. I understand the hate, I just don't agree with it.

My main point is that the developers gave us an option to choose between the two, and since Khem is coming back, it'd be fair to get Zash back too. It would make a really interesting storyline.

No hate from me, i would not take her with me over Khem that's it. I helped Khem trap her inside that box, and would not have her as a companion, but i'm really not against people who choose her over Khem getting her as a companion.

She's dead, Jim.

Edited by kodrac