Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trial and Error achievement: Mind Your Step (Story, Veteran and Master)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Trial and Error achievement: Mind Your Step (Story, Veteran and Master)

merovejec
06.05.2019 , 01:14 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post
Wait, really?
If I remember correctly it might have been only one person that got it. Honestly, if I had the people for it, I would try it my self if its attainable. I have an account without the achievement where I could try it. Its also easier now due to higher max gear available.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

TheRandomno
06.05.2019 , 01:26 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
If I remember correctly it might have been only one person that got it. Honestly, if I had the people for it, I would try it my self if its attainable. I have an account without the achievement where I could try it. Its also easier now due to higher max gear available.
I think you mentioned that some people got it in your group before and I forgot about it. The thing is if it's possible in any way then it's not unobtainable. But I've seen so many reports, multiple videos, it all suggests there's no way to get it.

If it is possible though, what are people doing differently in MM that causes it not to grant?

merovejec
06.05.2019 , 02:14 AM | #23
If it is possible though, what are people doing differently in MM that causes it not to grant?
Thats the million dollar question
Merovejec
Achievements 5.10 69015

Lord_Taurus
06.27.2019 , 08:29 AM | #24
Thank you.

Heh well, what reason would we have to lie about it?
I believe you. It's just that the person from CS acts very silly and unreasonably here.

First ticket said, they cant, the second one said he I will have it when I login and that was true.
Would you be so kind as to provide a number of that second ticket? Maybe I will be able to get more details on that from CS then.

Wait, really?
After posting in this thread I got a couple of whispers in-game, saying that they also got the achievement by just doing the upr. So it seems that this achievement is still having a small chance of unlocking normally, in spite of being bugged most of the time.
Lt

AragarVarnus
07.09.2019 , 06:08 PM | #25
So uh, I've done it on story mode (I finally have time to deal with the uprisings achievos) and got no achievement, managed to get the other 2, thankfully. I don't want to have to go through this ordeal on Master Mode however, this boss on MM is very unforgiving, that green AOE murders us in less than 3 seconds and doing it with companions is a big no no.

I've asked a CS for help and he completely ignored my request and told me to write it on the forums. >_>

I'll try one more time on Story then Vet and if the achievement doesn't pop, well, I'll write again and hope I'll get a nicer CSR. *sigh*

Trial and Error is THE Uprising giving us the most trouble, all other Uprisings we managed to 2 man and get all achievements but damn these are tough and buggy.

If anyone please would be willing to lend us a hand with this Uprising that would be awesome, at least for Master Mode and that 4 players transformed as Rakghoul. We're on Star Forge.

Varnus • Hiigaran • Atreides
"Tudo o que não é eterno é eternamente inútil."
"Tout ce qui n'est pas éternel est éternellement inutile."
​"All that is not eternal is eternally useless."

C.S. Lewis

Lord_Taurus
07.15.2019 , 11:07 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AragarVarnus View Post
MM is very unforgiving, that green AOE murders us in less than 3 seconds and doing it with companions is a big no no
So I get you were doing other modes with comps previously? I also did a couple of solo runs on SM and one run with 2 people on VM and didn't get this achievement for either of those. However, since I did several runs for both SM and VM with a full group, and the achievement always worked fine for everybody in a group. So I guess you'd better try to get 4 people for SM and VM as well.

Trial and Error is THE Uprising giving us the most trouble, all other Uprisings we managed to 2 man and get all achievements but damn these are tough and buggy.
Indeed. Our group was able to complete ALL the achievements for other MM upr in just one evening. Other achs for this uprising took two more evenings. And this exact achievement still persists after more than two months. Last weekend we cleared the second boss several more times with different tactics, and still nothing,
Lt

AragarVarnus
07.21.2019 , 06:54 PM | #27
So, after trying and trying, we've managed to two man it on MM, 1 Tank and 3 Healers (2 companions healing).

Despite not triggering any traps at all (we were meticulously careful not to) we didn't get the achievement on MM. (we did get it on SM and HM, however), which begs the question:

Do companions, despite not getting hit or stunned by the trap, counts towards the achievement as if they had sprung a trap when they pass through the laser?

For that particular boss I DPSed with a Sage to be sure not to have to move much. We did get the achievement on SM and HM using companions as well.

C.S. Lewis

TheRandomno
07.21.2019 , 07:28 PM | #28
So, after trying and trying, we've managed to two man it on MM, 1 Tank and 3 Healers (2 companions healing).

Despite not triggering any traps at all (we were meticulously careful not to) we didn't get the achievement on MM. (we did get it on SM and HM, however), which begs the question:

Do companions, despite not getting hit or stunned by the trap, counts towards the achievement as if they had sprung a trap when they pass through the laser?

For that particular boss I DPSed with a Sage to be sure not to have to move much. We did get the achievement on SM and HM using companions as well.
Probably doesn't make a difference to the fact the achievement does not grant in the vast majority of runs

AragarVarnus
07.23.2019 , 03:31 PM | #29
Probably doesn't make a difference to the fact the achievement does not grant in the vast majority of runs
Alright, thanks, that makes sense. I'll just keep trying then. I still need to find 2 competent players that are willing to follow directions and mechanics with us to do The Legendary Rak Pack so... might as well try that one too.

C.S. Lewis

merovejec
Yesterday , 05:19 AM | #30
Alright, thanks, that makes sense. I'll just keep trying then. I still need to find 2 competent players that are willing to follow directions and mechanics with us to do The Legendary Rak Pack so... might as well try that one too.
So it seems that you pulled it off. Did it work ingame or CS?
Merovejec
Achievements 5.10 69015