please - harsher penalties for bailers

DoguMCM

I would like to advocate for harsher penalties for players who drop early from WZs. I realize there are occasions when people will have a connection issue, etc., but this seems to be the tiny fraction compared to those who drop out at the first sign of adversity, handicapping their team's chance to win in the shorthanded situation until a replacement enters.

It should be relatively easy to monitor players who are doing this consistently. I heard someone suggest a "cowardice score" that could work similarly to social points, by building up increasingly harsher penalties (such as length of ban times) for players who are dropping out.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

change the Daily 6 to 'Completed' not 'Played'.

Completed means: final screen shows Victory or Defeat and that counts on the Daily 6, and not punching out before the end to get a count to the Daily 6 as it is now.

Weekly keeps track of your wins for the 9; So why not do this for the Daily?

I would like to advocate for harsher penalties for players who drop early from WZs. I realize there are occasions when people will have a connection issue, etc., but this seems to be the tiny fraction compared to those who drop out at the first sign of adversity, handicapping their team's chance to win in the shorthanded situation until a replacement enters.

It should be relatively easy to monitor players who are doing this consistently. I heard someone suggest a "cowardice score" that could work similarly to social points, by building up increasingly harsher penalties (such as length of ban times) for players who are dropping out.

How bout harsher penalties for the quitters who stay. i could give a rats a-s-s about those who quit and leave. make all the pantywaists who hide from the enemy never be allowed to queue up again.

Edited by Ssfbistimg

I hear you, I feel your pain, but I have starting quitting ACW as soon as it comes up, because I hate that people give up and farm medals at your one controlled node at the drop of a hat. I don't want to hang around for 15 minutes hating life or repeatedly charging 1 v 4 into a node.

[Edit]

The post above mine has it exactly right. I really, really hate people who give up but hang out in the WZ. It has made ACW almost impossible to bear on the Pub side, at host "Prophecy of the Five".

Edited by SweetOldBob

How about not punishing the quitters? I'm dead serious. Instead, reward the people that stayed behind to complete the warzone.

Reward:

20 normal warzone comms for the loser with the quitters. (reason: winning team gets plenty of comms and should not get extra for quitters.)

To avoid abuse:

-People that leave during preparation (count down to beginning of match) do not trigger this effect.

-Grouped players leaving does not trigger this effect unless all of those group members leave.

-Does not apply to 2 same-guild premades that happen to get matched into the same warzone.

-This effect does not apply to people that come into a warzone late. (reason: they already get quick WZ comms).

Can anyone think of any other ways this could be abused for easy comms?

Edited by Xenotoxic

Please, harsher penalties for bad players.

Yeah, and trolls/flamers who go ballistic at friendly advice. I'm not one of those people who sits back and orders other players around and thinks typing in all caps will fix everything. In fact I can't stand them. But when you leave me, only in mediocre PvP gear, alone to guard a turret by myself, and act like a brat when I suggest that it's pointless to leave one guard (time and time again I've seen this---one person stays behind to call out "incoming", which is all but useless by the time the enemy team storms the spot and grabs the turret), it's pretty annoying. When you get a turret, don't give it up so easily, unless it leaves another one poorly guarded by the enemy. Pretty simple.

As for the penalties for bailing, though, I don't think that's the best idea on it's own. Won't that just encourage the wrong sort of unmotivated, poor team player to stay in? Let them bail and someone who actually helps out replace them. Yeah, maybe ideally game mechanics could force people to stay and do what they should be doing, but for some players you just have to leave room for replacements instead of discouraging them.

EDIT: I love the above idea. Positive reinforcement which has a lot of room, as opposed to negative which is limited in how far it can go.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

Most players are just looking for that warzone they want to play.

First: Give us the ability to choose the warzone (at least in normals)

Second: Improve the matchmaking, so the teams will be more equal in terms of gear/classes.

Third: Harsher penalties for bailers (like a 15min penalty to queue)

Oh, and reconnect feature is a must have as well.

Edited by SneiK

Just make a feature where whenever you drop from a warzone (DC, quit whatever) you can only reconnect to the warzone you left. That way quitters can't leave and join a new game because they'll wind up right back in the one they quit. Plus when people DC during a ranked game they could get back in and not lose rating.

How about not punishing the quitters? I'm dead serious. Instead, reward the people that stayed behind to complete the warzone.

Reward:

20 normal warzone comms for the loser with the quitters. (reason: winning team gets plenty of comms and should not get extra for quitters.)

To avoid abuse:

-People that leave during preparation (count down to beginning of match) do not trigger this effect.

-Grouped players leaving does not trigger this effect unless all of those group members leave.

-Does not apply to 2 same-guild premades that happen to get matched into the same warzone.

-This effect does not apply to people that come into a warzone late. (reason: they already get quick WZ comms).

Can anyone think of any other ways this could be abused for easy comms?

I agree with everything you have to say on this subject, with the exception of the matter of "quick WZ comms."

More often than I like, I am tossed into the second half or last third of a losing WZ with little time to earn any medals. It's frustrating, because I know I am at the very least competent with my class, and...well, yeah I requeue and get put into another full game soon enough, but it would be nice if the reward mechanism realized that you were put in so late in the game somehow. A "reinforcement" medal would be nice in that regard, only earnable if you are matched into the 2nd half of the game. Or something like that.

Please, harsher penalties for bad players.

Im so totally not a elitist that calls out bad players

But this is one of the reasons I quit Warzones lately

I dont mind losing but when I see 5 team mates chasing one opponent up the left side while a single opponent carries the ball down the right side unopposed to score a goal.

Why stay?

Do you really need to tell 5 players that if they chasing 1 player (and not killing him) at the cost of the game, thats bad playing?

There will never be quioter penalties because being forced to stay in some matchs would be subscription breaking for some players!

And when push comes to shove, EA values a active subscription over a mad player that others choose not to play with him/her every single time!

So I agree, harsher penalties for bad players!

There is losing because the other team is better (can live with that, hewck fighting those is how most players get better themselves)

Then there is losing because your team is moronic

And do you reward the 4 players that sit on grass/snow through out the entire match gathering defence medals but refuse to help their teammates ensuring their team is short maned and loses?

Are those the type of upstanding individuals that deserve extra rewards in your theory?

Cause I gotta be honest, since the dailies dont require wins (just played matchs) I been seeing this happen ALLOT MORE OFTEN!

Yesterday I fought in ACW as my BH

I rushed the middle ALONE.

4 went left and stood there all match and 3 went right and died gloriously

End of match (no lie)

I had 1 kill, 7 deaths, 36000 damage as stats

I was #1 ranked/listed player for my side in the end game listings

NUMBER 1 with a listing of 1 kill, 7 deaths, 36000 damage (I was out manned 4 vrs 1 each encounter so barely got an attack off).

Are these the upstanding players who deserve rewards because they completed the war zone?

Think you need to put more thought into your suggestion.

And do you reward the 4 players that sit on grass/snow through out the entire match gathering defence medals but refuse to help their teammates ensuring their team is short maned and loses?

No you report those for griefing, because they're playing to help the enemy team.

Here the problem with harsher penalties on wz quitters. it will never work why because players have alt to level run flash points do dailies. The penalty system in other mmo never work either as people just did some thing else then stay in a wz with bunch of fail pvpers that should really do some research on how they play. You cant ban them out right because that would bleed more subs. Not saying the quitters are not a problem there is just no way any penalty system will work other then perma ban and that wont ever happen.

Speaking from an experience wow pvper for over 4 years i never ever worried if i had to leave the warzone because of a debuff. I did what i wanted to do weather there was a penalty system or not. Even if it meant I could not pvp for a week if i had to leave a wz i would. Not saying i quit i stick it out just pointing out the fact that this is the mentality of those that quit.

Edited by Neoforcer

No you report those for griefing, because they're playing to help the enemy team.

Nothing will be done with the report as you cant force some one that pays a company to play the way you want. Seen people reported for that and they get no and i mean no penalty for medal farming. Now if the player is pulling the ball carier into the ez to hurry the match up then that is different.

Quitter cannot requeue for another warzone until the current warzone they dropped is finished.

that be like oh well let me run black talon for rep till this wz ends. will not stop or make the quitter leaving any less.

Edited by Neoforcer

that be like oh well let me run black talon for rep till this wz ends. will not stop or make the quitter leaving any less.

I don't have issue with those who bail and do something else. It's those who keep queuing and bailing over and over that's annoying.

I don't have issue with those who bail and do something else. It's those who keep queuing and bailing over and over that's annoying.

True and i agree with ya just pointing out they will still do it even with a penalty system. Wow had a pretty good debuff for a while when people left battle grounds early for what ever reason. It did nothing to stop them other then slow them down on requeing. What that did do is slowed down the que times as there were less player queing because they did not want to stick it out. So que time were longer the debuff got lowered because people qq the que was longer. It a catch 22 thing darned if you do darned if you don't.

Edited by Neoforcer

what would actually help like 99% to fix this issue would be cross server ques. Then as a player left there would be one to take the place of the quitter immediately as the player left. And you probably would end up with a better team mate with that. Edited by Neoforcer

Greifing???

Thats a leap, im sure if asked they simply tell a mod they are defending that spot as a 3 man/4 man

While them doing it pisses me off to no end, I dont see how you can leap to greifing from the inaction

And Im fairly sure EA wouldnt even bother to respond to a report placed about that as unlike exploitation of a bug or hacking, they not actually breaking any rules in a literal meansing.

AGAIN, them doing it pisses me off to no end but what they doing isnt actually against rules or TOS.

Which brings us back to , are these the fine citizens you want rewarded for staying through the match or should the others being effected by their inaction just drop WZ and reque for new one free of them.

By the proposed plan, these players would be REWARDED for staying to the end.

And thats just amazingly wrong headed!

I thing all this happens because :

1.In some wz,it happens 4 to be from same guild that means better communication known each other playstyle etc.

2.most of the times half groups in normal wz's dont have the gear the others have.This is complete Devs fault,the idea to have tiers in pvp.For me is stupid.Why must be like this? what the propose to make a toon, to be 50 and after that to want 2 months to equipment full war hero??In other games doesnt exist that.Whatever lvl u are, u can say your trader to craft what u need and when u caped 50 to wear it.No tiers .nothing.and thats the results:The pvp become unballanced even with same numbers!!

I dont blame people become angry and leaving warzones.Penalty to poeple who had the idea with the pvp equipment.Not the players.

And 1 last thing...all players who come to pvp,read some damn guides out there to learn what u can do and not fight like headless chickens.........

No faking way, dont wanna get penalized crappy PUGS. Would rather leave the fail and join another WZ