Losing money on 400 Slicing Lockbox missions

RobertMcDonald

Just maxxed out my Slicing, and recently I swear my companions are consistently returning with lockboxes that are worth less than the missions themselves cost. Whether I choose the 49-50 range missions or the lower ones.

This seems like a recent development to me, but maybe I'm crazy. Did anything change with Slicing recently? Are the mechanics for 400 Slicing... different somehow?

This is a bug confirmed here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4069651#edit4069651 April 20th.

Hey all, thank you for reports into this issue. We escalated this to the development team and after investigation, got confirmation that this was a bug.

It's being worked on now and a fix should be rolled out in a future patch. In the meantime, it'll be added to our known issues list.

Edited by Spaj

Also, even with the bug you should still make a profit from the 400 slicing lockbox missions because the crits still give you 4-5k credits plus a mission that is worth 4-40k(+). You only need to crit one in every 4-6 missions to make money and my Maxed out Risha does that.

You know you can gather lockboxes yourself for free, right?

No, I really hadn't noticed all those Slicing lockboxes I've been gathering for 30 levels since I picked up Slicing. :p

My concern was whether or not I should keep my companions deployed constantly on slicing missions like I used to be. I'd stopped recently.

I been for the past few days praying i get white boxes over green ones because the green ones are half the white atm ><

And the completely broken crew skill is not fixed in today's patch. I suppose that means it won't be hotifxed and we'll have to wait for next Tuesday?

Uh...if you want to make steady (not substantial mind you but steady) profits with slicing atm, only send your companions out on moderate yeild missions. The level doesn't matter as much as the importance that it be a moderate yeild mission. So say your max level slicing and there is one moderate per level. Do them rather than consistintly lose credits on anything higher than moderate. The credits are nowhere near as good as they were before this silly bug, but at least you aren't losing credits.

And if I get a green/blue box I just don't open it in the hopes when/if this is fixed they'll have the correct amount of credits inside. Probably not going to but not like I'll make anything off them as they are anyway.