Character Transfer issue, cant login to any characters

Kyo_daikun

Initiated a character transfer 3 hours ago, an error came up after it said it had started the transfer and said character transfer service was down.

Current status is my character hasn't been transferred and im now locked out of all my other characters so basically can't play the game, phoned customer support and they said it was a known issue they are working on currently and to keep an eye on the Dev tracker but i cant see anything mentioned about it so thought I would warn others against doing any character transfers today if they are still allowing it to be done.

Edit: Just found another thread in bug reports saying this has been happening since yesterday, why did they allow people to still do transfers when this was happening? I better be getting my sub time back as you left the transfers online after this was reported...

Edited by Kyo_daikun

Hi Kyo_daikun,

Our team is currently looking into the character transfer issues.

We'll update you when we have more information.

Can you answer my edit question please? Why was the transfer service left active when you knew there was an issue and I now cant play the game for an unknown amount of time till this is fixed?

hi there been having the same issue tried to transfer and ended up locking my server access on those specific servers after a couple of hours i was able to enter one of the servers but the other one "darth malgus" is still locked for me :):):):):):):):):):):) please help us out

Can you answer my edit question please? Why was the transfer service left active when you knew there was an issue and I now cant play the game for an unknown amount of time till this is fixed?

yep had this issue @22:00 UCT reported it on the bug page as well as another guy even opened a ticket @20:00 UCT

there needs to be some compensation for the subscription time its been 19 hours already:)

Edited by nervez_

yep had this issue @22:00 UCT reported it on the bug page as well as another guy even opened a ticket @20:00 UCT

there needs to be some compensation for the subscription time its been 19 hours already:)

+1 I reported this problem yesterday and nothing. i can't play on DM...

So he wants them to answer two questions, and you want compensation.....has hell frozen over yet, if so I've some requests I'd like to make ;) *

*This is a humorous post...….. just saying :p

So you want them to give you approximately $1.90 in compensation? How do you expect them to do that?

Same issue here. I wanted to transfer a character from Satele Shan to Darth Malgus. 2 days ago I asked for the transfer and I got an email stating that the transfer would be done in an hour. Its been 48 hours and I cannot log into Darth Malgus and the character who is to be transferred is still on Satele Shan. I sent in game tickets and no reply. I requested to cancel the transfer.Sitll no reply

I just tried to transfer a character and was told that the transfer server was down, guess I will wait to see when/if this gets fixed.

Same here! Hopefully we hear something soon. Trying to Transfer from Starforge to Satele Shan with all of my friends who recently got it from steam.

An update: My access to the servers has been restored, the character I requested to move is still on the original server but I have still been charged the 1000 cartel coins so had to open a ticket to get them refunded...

So people who have done character transfers you might have the same thing.

I am currently facing an issue regarding character transfers also. I accidentaly tried to copy a character to the PTS about two weeks ago when SWTOR had issues with the server transfers. Unfortunately, these character copies are not being canceled and are holding up my actual server transfers. Because of this I am unable to server transfer any characters which I also tried roughly two weeks ago.

I already paid the Cartel Coins for the transfer as well and they have not been refunded to me either. Furthermore, I wrote a ticket regarding this issue nine days ago but costomer service stated that they were unable to help me with the issue. My hope was that the maintenance that you guys did on tuesday would fix these issues but it seems they have not. Could you please give any feedback to this issue?

Bioware is completely backwards in the way they handle and communicate issues.

The transfer service should have been suspended from the moment they were made aware of an issue and an announcement should have been made to communicate this problem and make people aware.

Thats some great Customer Disservice.