Relics, Augments and MinMaxing

AndriusAjax

What relics are you guys using in 6.0? Crit and Mastery proc? Or Power and Mastery proc? Anyone think the On-Use ones will be viable on any classes?

What augments do you imagine being the best for, say... concealment Op, dot sorc, and burst PT? I know the number guys probably haven't had time (and resources) to do their work, but curious if anyone has an opinion on which way they think it will end up going.

And as far as minmaxing goes, am I correct in assuming that the mods and enh that have the least amount of endurance are the way to go for dps?

And lastly, what amount of alacrity and crit should one be aimimg for? 1859 alac still seems to drop into the best gcd duration, so I assume the break points remain. But does anyone have any idea at what point you should stop stacking crit? 42% sound about right?

I tried to research this stuff online, but can't find too much yet...

its not possible to minmax currently with provided gear. I suspect very strongly bioware set up launch to allow more gear down the road.

a full alacrity/crit build from 5.0 use to be 42/70% crit, 15% alacrity and 109.7% accurcay. the same build, aug for enhancment for left side is 12.6% alacrity, 38/63% crit and 107.6% accuracy. the only minmax you can do currently is put everything into 1 stats, my AP PT has 45/75% crit, 0 alacrity and 0 accuracy. to achieve this 5.0 minmax percentage it was 4500 crit, all crit left side, all crit enhancments, crit crystals, and all crit 238 augs.

EDIT: exact numbers, 5029 48.92% crit chance and 74.39% crit bonus. This pushes DR but keep in mind dr for crit is 43/74. and since I have 0 accuracy or alacrity, even if I did alocate an enhancement or two, it wouldnt dent alacrity or accuracy to a usable level.

stat screen https://ibb.co/D5tFzn6 (note: not stimed, but will be using mastery reusable stim when I hit biochem 700.)

Edited by Seterade

my AP PT has 45/75% crit, 0 alacrity and 0 accuracy. to achieve this 5.0 minmax percentage it was 4500 crit, all crit left side, all crit enhancments, crit crystals, and all crit 238 augs.

So how hard does this PT hit? I imagine you see some massive crits and blow up lots of people right now.

40k-50k cell bursts. my biggest hit was 84k, not sure what it was. mag blast hits for 16k, crits at 22k, TD hits for 22k, crits for 30k, and energy burst is a 40k-50k crit, tho the tooltip says uncrited damage is 25k. we also have a utility that when we are slowed, our next tech ability does 10% more damage.

with a 48% crit chance, your looking at a 50/50 crit rate as well.

Edited by Seterade

40k-50k cell bursts. my biggest hit was 84k, not sure what it was. mag blast hits for 16k, crits at 22k, TD hits for 22k, crits for 30k, and energy burst is a 40k-50k crit, tho the tooltip says uncrited damage is 25k. we also have a utility that when we are slowed, our next tech ability does 10% more damage.

with a 48% crit chance, your looking at a 50/50 crit rate as well.

But Sins are OP and need a nerf because of their opener ;)

(Not directed at you)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

quick note on the dps: on average my AP PT pulls 5.4k-6k dps, when I am allowed to go ham (have a healer following me around) I can and have pulled 8-9k.

and no, I dont dps farm. I choose a target and kill them, then swap to a new target, I dont use aoe cept vs merc reflect and I dont take aoe utilitys (like "close and personal x damage when aoeed") were I to "farm numbers" I can see AP pulling 10k-11k easy.

Edited by Seterade

quick note on the dps: on average my AP PT pulls 5.4k-6k dps, when I am allowed to go ham (have a healer following me around) I can and have pulled 8-9k.

and no, I dont dps farm. I choose a target and kill them, then swap to a new target, I dont use aoe cept vs merc reflect and I dont take aoe utilitys (like "close and personal x damage when aoeed") were I to "farm numbers" I can see AP pulling 10k-11k easy.

Yep, I felt the hard end of the PT stick on my Mara the other day. Ouch.

Well i guess I'm going to continue to use mastery and power proc relics if no one feels that the crit ones are better...

As for mods, I'm going with the lowest endurance, highest mastery/power pool. Curious to see if the higher mastery mods are better than the higher power mods... Or vice versa

As for alacrity, I'm going to tier 2 and stopping.

And likely using my old 242 crit and Mastery Augs until the new ones become more available/economical to make.

Well i guess I'm going to continue to use mastery and power proc relics if no one feels that the crit ones are better...

As for mods, I'm going with the lowest endurance, highest mastery/power pool. Curious to see if the higher mastery mods are better than the higher power mods... Or vice versa

As for alacrity, I'm going to tier 2 and stopping.

And likely using my old 242 crit and Mastery Augs until the new ones become more available/economical to make.

Crit ones are better in some situations...but only really for stuff like carnage / arsenal / and lightning where you are pushing up alacrity values in PvE to get to 1.3gcd thaanks to their inherent class alacrity buffs. In PvP you are likely running very low alacrity (unless you are a healer...then yeah you can use crit+mastery). So most of your stats go to crit anyways.

I think crit becomes more effective then the the other two once you are either at very even alac/ crit distribution for some reason or inverted - more alacrity than crit.

Crit ones are better in some situations...but only really for stuff like carnage / arsenal / and lightning where you are pushing up alacrity values in PvE to get to 1.3gcd thaanks to their inherent class alacrity buffs. In PvP you are likely running very low alacrity (unless you are a healer...then yeah you can use crit+mastery). So most of your stats go to crit anyways.

I think crit becomes more effective then the the other two once you are either at very even alac/ crit distribution for some reason or inverted - more alacrity than crit.

Playing ConOp, I've gotten so used to 1859 alac that it will be hard to come down. I was gonna meet myself in the middle at tier 2

Edited by AndriusAjax

I heard that with the current bolster, any augments are actually detrimental? Does anyone know? I've only tested with old 238 and 242 in my weapons, and Power and Endurance remain unchanged; when augs are taken out I lose only the tertiary stat on them, but gain about as much Mastery (lose 58 crit, gain 61 mas; lose 55 acc, gain 58 mas).

I heard that with the current bolster, any augments are actually detrimental? Does anyone know? I've only tested with old 238 and 242 in my weapons, and Power and Endurance remain unchanged; when augs are taken out I lose only the tertiary stat on them, but gain about as much Mastery (lose 58 crit, gain 61 mas; lose 55 acc, gain 58 mas).

I’m using the 228 augments because they give better secondary stats and don’t affect power, endurance or mastery bolster.

I was messing around with augments yesterday, the power ones. What I saw one the character sheet was the new one made my stats go down with bolster. But then I started looking at my abilities and the new ones made them go up, so my guess is something is bugged and not displaying right.

power increases your overall dmg, however it doesnt balance out if you dont have secondary stats, ie alacrity and crit.

to put in simple terms, power is an over all dmg increaser. think of it in terms of a ball of iron. the more iron you you have, the heavier the ball and so the more damage it does when thrown. but were you to instead keep it small and say... sharpen it to a point (crit) then refine it with an alloy (alacrity) you would have a much more dangerous knife.

in the same way, swtor power stat is "good" in theory but much better when combined with crit and alacrity over full power.

Edited by Seterade