Malavai Quinn

Arbitte

The worst part is that from what I understand each class actually has one companion written in a way that you might want to make a kill/keep decision, but then that choice was removed from the game and you have to keep them all.

It would be ok knowing that everyone actually did live happily ever after, but seeing the tension and betrayal and the different beliefs and not being able to do anything about it gets annoying.

Seriously seeing that kill Kaliyo and Ashara choice and having it nullfiied right after. Rage inducing. :mad:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is all the SW companions want to kill quiin even vette lol. Honestly I don't even use a healer companion even if I am rolling dps.

indeed, Quinn should be slowly torn apart with a force, maybe whole crew would pull his limbs in a different direction. His presence aboard my ship is a heresy, why would I keep such being alive. Maybe I should question him about his difficult childhood, life among Siths who ruled his every day or maybe his mother was mistreated by them or father os sister or stepbrother - why would I even care about his reasons beyond finding out who ordered him to spy on me ? pointless, just let me feed him to crazied bantas

Edited by Surinen

indeed, Quinn should be slowly torn apart with a force, maybe whole crew would pull his limbs in a different direction. His presence aboard my ship is a heresy, why would I keep such being alive. Maybe I should question him about his difficult childhood, life among Siths who ruled his every day or maybe his mother was mistreated by them or father os sister or stepbrother - why would I even care about his reasons beyond finding out who ordered him to spy on me ? pointless, just let me feed him to crazied bantas

Or for those of us who see it was Baras pulling the strings and are not psychopathic killers we don't kill Quinn but go after the real mastermind, Baras.

Or for those of us who see it was Baras pulling the strings and are not psychopathic killers we don't kill Quinn but go after the real mastermind, Baras.

it is not a matter of being psychopatic but pragmatic, Quinn, of course was an instrument of Baras, but dangerous instrument nontheless and should be put down to prevent further possible discords - and of course revenge is the most satisfying form of justice.

...what happened to moderation? It is intelligent to both spare him and kill him (spare him because useful kill him simply because you can't trust him anymore and as a lesson to the other potential traitors in your crew) :confused:

moderation is not optimal, the best solution would be to spare him only to use him and dispose of him after Baras death. this would serve both purposes, hm, well, I think this kind of moderation would work well, althou still risky might be acceptable ( unless he murder half of the crew in their sleep and then bomb a vehicle )

Edited by Surinen

moderation is not optimal, the best solution would be to spare him only to use him and dispose of him after Baras death. this would serve both purposes, hm, well, I think this kind of moderation would work well, althou still risky might be acceptable ( unless he murder half of the crew in their sleep and then bomb a vehicle )

*facepalms*

Considering he only betrays you because of Baras disposing of him afterwards is...not really moderation. Or useful. You're letting him (if you believe he's so treasonous) ample opportunity to stab you in the back. Either you think he wasn't betraying you of his free will or you do. If the former there's little reason to kill him once the cause is disposed of. If the second you shouldn't spare him in the first place.

Edited by Raynezazki

*facepalms*

Considering he only betrays you because of Baras disposing of him afterwards is...not really moderation. Or useful. You're letting him (if you believe he's so treasonous) ample opportunity to stab you in the back. Either you think he wasn't betraying you of his free will or you do. If the former there's little reason to kill him once the cause is disposed of. If the second you shouldn't spare him in the first place.

I must disagree. After deafeating obstacles that he gave you, Quinns resolve probably melted a little bit and so he would swear to help bring Baras down, of course taking him aboard again is risky but the risk might be acceptable if the final outcome would be Baras death and then you kill Quinn to eliminate any further threat from his side. His betrayal was of his free will unless Baras used mind trick which he didnt most probably. Whenether he was afraid of his own life or it was a bidding of loyalty it does not matter, he is an intelligence officer with aspirations to move his career. It is a very popular practise to use and dispose, give an illusion of being useful/important and then stabstab to get rid of a notti boy. whole history is painted with it

like with friends in real life; sometimes they betray you in this or other matter ( sometimes just because they had something in it or because someone threaten em - but always out of free will and own profit/security ), then when they feel you are a bigger fish they try to take your side and offer to bring down their old pals, so you agree just to use them and then backstab, turning their carees into ash etc.

Edited by Surinen

The problem here is that BioWare needed to make a decision that would tick off the least amount of players. They could either allow you to kill him (angering the people in the beta who complained along with a whole lot of other future customers), or remove the option to kill him, thus removing the consequences of your action but pacifying a whole lot more people. Damned if they did, damned if they didn't.

I wouldn't object to having the option remain in the game (though I will personally never be taking it myself), but less experienced players may find that killing their only healer in a fit of pique may have disastrous consequences later that they didn't consider when making the choice (and unlike games like Dragon Age 2, MMOs mean no do-overs). And frankly, there are a lot of RPG players that will whine, scream and throw tantrums when things don't go their way due to an action they chose themselves.

Edited by AggiePunbot

Sometimes I feel like an alien... But part of that is, I spent a good deal of my career working in politics and international relations, and it colors my interpretation of the warrior storyline.

My post on the Transponder Station in the Warrior forum here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5260293&postcount=100

is probably a whole different take than 99.44% of the player population. But I hold to it as more consistent with Sith and storyline reality than the alternatives.

Enjoy!

Sometimes I feel like an alien... But part of that is, I spent a good deal of my career working in politics and international relations, and it colors my interpretation of the warrior storyline.

My post on the Transponder Station in the Warrior forum here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5260293&postcount=100

is probably a whole different take than 99.44% of the player population. But I hold to it as more consistent with Sith and storyline reality than the alternatives.

Enjoy!

oh my oh my you write about your job - - - again. your whole post is a wishful thinking and inconsistent writing of a mentioned quest.

Sith that follows the Dark Side would tear Quinn apart just for trying. Warrior is powerful, hes not an inquisitor, he doesnt even like conspirators, he would punish Quinn.

The option was there in beta.

And many players killed him off. Afterwards the majority of players that killed him off, submitted complaints to bring him back because they missed having a healing companion.

So, BW removed the ability to kill off companions.

Here is what they could have done. If you killed a companion off perhaps they could make it that replacement with similar abilities immediately turns up. ((i.e. You kill Malavai for his treachery, one of the Emperor's servants joins you as a replacement healer). It is almost like in Suikoden 2, if you let Anubis get killed, that golden retriever dude joins you instead.

I thought a good one would be ((Mako spoiler))

You run into Mako's evil twin at the end of her arc and you can choose to help Mako, or shoot Mako in the back and invite her evil twin to join you instead.

oh my oh my you write about your job - - - again. your whole post is a wishful thinking and inconsistent writing of a mentioned quest.

Sith that follows the Dark Side would tear Quinn apart just for trying. Warrior is powerful, hes not an inquisitor, he doesnt even like conspirators, he would punish Quinn.

In our world, a warrior at the top of his game trained in the best academy is able to operate in the world of politics and diplomacy - this is the product that Annapolis or Norwich University would produce in a field officer, and I don't imagine Korriban would demand less, in that culture. Likewise any candidate fi r diplomatic service had better have read Clauswitz and taken enough military history and military science to at least have good relations with his/her counterparts.

You don't have an empire based entirely on mad Sith. It isn't consistent with lore or good sense. Trust me, our own colonial history, which inspired much of the empire setting, was Dark enough with exactly this sort of coldly pragmatic thinking. It is the exact basis of most of what is called evil in the world today - not madness, but power plays within selfish contexts, and the rest of the world go hang. Nothing else is required for the world to go to hell.

It's fun to play a totally mad Sith, as a player who doesn't get that stretch presumably in real life. But were it my empire, I'd be rooting out the powerful truly mad ones early (and there's also evidence of that in lore - madness overtakes Sith later, and many are ruthless, but only so much waste of resources is tolerated without self-policing).

You seem to mistake power for a lack of intelligence or self reflection. They are not exclusive in the extraordinary individual. The warrior can be played as a rugby jock, but the storyline wraps itself around a dark version of Peter Deth Wimsey very nicely -one of the great joys of Bioware games.

And I write about my work as an academic reference. It shows where I am drawing information from in a lore based discussion. If that sounds like bragging to you, then maybe you haven't got relevant experience and come from some culture where talking about your work implies you are better, smarter, richer, higher status? That's what you brought to that, my dear. I am just relating my experience in decades in academia and NGOs for the most part - a career that does not make you richer and by dark side interpretation impairs your advancement, probably implying poor things about your intelligence. Your ego has nothing to fear from the likes of me.

Shava Nerad

there is no need for intelligent approach if you can simply raze your enemies. overthinking simple things is a waste of the most important resource, time. Theres no "mad" choice for SW, nothing that I encountered.

Sith Warrior is not a soldier and politics and diplomacy are the least of his concerns especially that he belongs to Empire and operating within empire structures is quite simple. If he was even a little bit of politic animal then he would turn Dark Council against Baras, after all he tried to pose as the Voice. Probably dozen options to dispose of him.

theres no use for Quinn after his tratirous play other than decoy.

you like to write a lot but what I meant was that your job is irrelevant, and then considering human rights silliness it is simply useless information to me, but overall it is manipulation to audience - would be much easier if anyone was just simply a forum user, not an "expert".

In your world, yes RRRRRR KILL QUINN is your response. In others who are not just killing machines but playing politics killing Quinn is either an option or not. I let him live and took it out on Baras, in fact i had at my fight to Baras could see he had failed in his attempt to kill me. You see Baras was the string holder and Quinn did what he was told, once Baras is killed/imprisoned/exiled he is no longer doing anything to Quinn. Would I trust Quinn right away, hell no but knowing Baras is dead and failed in basically everything he tried was good enough for me. I don't feel the need to kill everything in my path when I get what I want w/out resorting to murder at every step. You wanna be the big bad DS 5 person killing everything in your path go right ahead, not all of us play our characters like this, we are more civilized in our game. To say how I play my story is wrong, sorry its MY story not yours. BTW do you think the Dark Council members just killed their way there or perhaps it was killing AND politics both that got them there?

In your world, yes RRRRRR KILL QUINN is your response. In others who are not just killing machines but playing politics killing Quinn is either an option or not. I let him live and took it out on Baras, in fact i had at my fight to Baras could see he had failed in his attempt to kill me. You see Baras was the string holder and Quinn did what he was told, once Baras is killed/imprisoned/exiled he is no longer doing anything to Quinn. Would I trust Quinn right away, hell no but knowing Baras is dead and failed in basically everything he tried was good enough for me. I don't feel the need to kill everything in my path when I get what I want w/out resorting to murder at every step. You wanna be the big bad DS 5 person killing everything in your path go right ahead, not all of us play our characters like this, we are more civilized in our game. To say how I play my story is wrong, sorry its MY story not yours. BTW do you think the Dark Council members just killed their way there or perhaps it was killing AND politics both that got them there?

killing is a form of politics too. I would refrain from using word "civilized", civilisations were raised by endless competition, cut troaths and power struggles. Well, I think it is fuly justified to call other options than killing Quinn naive and pointless, well risky at very least. Murder is simple and effective solution, especially in the Star Wars universe where force exists. Few of them, weaker ones probably went thro mud and covert ops, web of intrigues etc. to get there, other maybe were granted their position only thanks to force power they wield. Also as mentioned before, killing is also a form of politics

killing is a form of politics too. I would refrain from using word "civilized", civilisations were raised by endless competition, cut troaths and power struggles. Well, I think it is fuly justified to call other options than killing Quinn naive and pointless, well risky at very least. Murder is simple and effective solution, especially in the Star Wars universe where force exists. Few of them, weaker ones probably went thro mud and covert ops, web of intrigues etc. to get there, other maybe were granted their position only thanks to force power they wield. Also as mentioned before, killing is also a form of politics

Naive and pointless, your blood lust it so cute and so sad. Just because someone doesn't see it your way doesnt make it any less pointless. Get over yourself.

Naive and pointless, your blood lust it so cute and so sad. Just because someone doesn't see it your way doesnt make it any less pointless. Get over yourself.

I dont know about blood lust, I like to think it is strictly pragmatic approach. Well, yes, it is pointless from mission efficiency perspective.

• 2 weeks later...
And I write about my work as an academic reference. It shows where I am drawing information from in a lore based discussion. If that sounds like bragging to you, then maybe you haven't got relevant experience and come from some culture where talking about your work implies you are better, smarter, richer, higher status? That's what you brought to that, my dear. I am just relating my experience in decades in academia and NGOs for the most part - a career that does not make you richer and by dark side interpretation impairs your advancement, probably implying poor things about your intelligence. Your ego has nothing to fear from the likes of me.

Shava Nerad

Actually you have that the wrong way round. Anyone who needs to do the whole "look at this piece of paper that shows I know what I am talking about" thing by talking about qualifications is not secure enough in themselves to just put a point out there and let other people judge them to be correct.

His point is that your prior experience is not important, and so should not be mentioned. Don't be right because of x background, just be right. Or not (I never bothered to read your link because I never read links as it is a lazy way of saying something).

this was the only part of the Warrior storyline I disliked.

I treat my companions very well. They never want for anything, ever. They get all they could want. All I ask from them is loyality (and kisses from Jaesa...tmi?) Quinn betrayed that loyality. He had choices. He could have said something to me, he could have refused. He knew we were undermining Baras, that eventually we would fight each other and one of us would die (Baras and I). Instead of remaining loyal to me, he tries to kill me. I do hold my companions to a higher standard and give them more leeway. I accept they have differing opinions of light side and dark side choices and which should be made. Quinn took my trust, took my faith in him and used it against me. He committed the ultimate sin. For that we should be given the option to kill him. I wouldn't be happy about it, but......some things need to be done.

My SW is only level 24, so I'm still new to the story line (I stumbled accross an un spoiler taged thread and found out about Quinns betrayal)...

So reading what everyone in this thread thinks about why he did it and wether or not he meant it (without reading the spoilered details), I thought I'd add my 2 cents ^^

I don't think he would have done it willingly since the seccond thing listed as his 'Dislikes' is Betrayal. I'm inclined to agree with the people who think he set it all up so that he could cary out his debt, (Likes Honor) and die as a way to make up for his betrayal.

As for the person who suggested he did it out of ambition because he wanted to be the emperors hand and he thought Baras would be the next emperor... That would be considered selfish behaviour (first listed Dislike) so I don't think that would be the case either...

Anyway, like I said, i'm only level 24 with my SW, and I've only just gotten to Nar Shaddaa, (playing with a friend and we are over leveled :D), my 'conclusions/opinions are based on what I can read from his character sheet in the companions section of the Holonet :)

^I like that way of thinking!

allow me to present my take on this which is some rambling!

it makes even more sense if your warrior is female and you are in a romance with him. Quinn tries very hard throughout the story the lady warrior to deny his romantic feelings for her.

this is evident during his conversations. however if one accepts that he was spying for Baras since Balmorra, then that is the primary explanation for said denial. he is resisting her because he knows from the begining that someday he will have to betray her trust in order to repay his debt to Baras.

Now lets look at the actual betrayal. A robot? And from what I have seen and read. (My warrior is 32 but I know what happens) it is not paticularly challenging.

. HOWEVER because he feels that betrayal is unacceptable but he also knows that if he defy's Baras then he is pretty much a dead man.

so he chooses his lover ,the warrior to be his excecutioner so to speak, by doing so he is both keeping his promise to baras and attempting suicide...

the whole thing is in a weird way kind of ROMANTIC!

^This is not rambling actually, that makes sense, and I remember having read several fanfictions playing with this theory (can send you the links if you want).

In those stories, his goal was also to anger the warrior enough so she would kill him without regrets and draw enough power from her anger to kill Baras.

If Quinn really wanted to kill the warrior he had many opportunities to do it in a much less risky/ more efficient way, he is your healer and keep injecting your character with stuff, why not just poison the warrior?

He didn't have to stand in the same room with the warrior and the two pathetic droids, he could just have rigged the place with explosives and detonate them once you were trapped in the room.

Not to mention my warrior is a marauder, she can disable droids and he knows that, having seen her doing so countless times.

That episode was rather poorly written anyway, it really could have been handled better than it was.

Back on topic, I would have preferred if those who really wanted to kill him still had the opportunity to do so.

But ofc, getting a warning message first saying they'll have to live with the consequences : that is having one less companion and using the ship's droid for heals from this point on.

Even, give a complete pack of level 48 upgrades for said droid so the player can start using it right away. That could have been easily implemented with very little extra work for Bioware.

Maybe we would have seen some "please Bioware, give me my healer back!" threads on the forums, that would have made for a nice change :D

Edited by kalistea