Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

Derzelaz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much excellent-ness. Only part that had me cringing was the X-Wing pilot yelling "Woo-hoo!" Brought back too many bad memories of Ben Affleck in Pearl Harbor. We know that the scene is cool. We are feeling the "woo-hoo". We don't need the stereotypical cool hot-shot fighter pilot boy stereotypically informing us that he is a hotshot pilot because flying an X-Wing gives him an adrenaline rush.

Still, my expectations were a little low after the first trailer but they are continually getting raised as more stuff comes out.

Now, what do you think about when we will see the full length trailer? September? October?

Thoughts and such:

-Anakin will appear as a force ghost, and Vader might appear in a flashback. The Anakin idea is because Luke refers to Anakin in a present tense

-Kylo Ren in a sith from the SWTOR era who eventually is imprisoned in carbonite/rakata mind trap/something, and is released in the new movie.

-The female main character is going to be a Skywalker, and force sensitive (Maybe in that one part its Leia handing her Anakin's saber?)

-If the force is Awakening, maybe that's going to cause force ghosts to appear, and maybe we'll see Revan? :p

The first teaser got me excited for the movie, but I kept telling myself 'don't get your hopes up, remember how Episode I turned out'. After this one, though, I've given up trying to temper my expectations - I may end up being disappointed but for now I am absolutely hyped for this movie.

aaaawful.... Not even excited. Warcraft movie on the other hand...

If the writing for the movie is on par with the writing in-game since WotLK ended, I'm sure we are going to get a gem that will be comparable to Kazaam or Leonard Part 6.

SW:TFA new trailer, however, looks amazing! Can't wait!

Luke is speaking in present tense because the audio is from

One would assume that, but then ". . . and you got that power too", so partly voice over from EP VI? No, I'd go for new recording, sorry, and plot.

-The female main character is going to be a Skywalker, and force sensitive (Maybe in that one part its Leia handing her Anakin's saber?)

And I would guess the female hero is a Solo, not a Skywalker . . .

Edited by t-darko

One would assume that, but then ". . . and you got that power too", so partly voice over from EP VI? No, I'd go for new recording, sorry, and plot.

And I would guess the female hero is a Solo, not a Skywalker . . .

Actually the "You have that Power too" comes from the line in Episode VI.... "your Wrong Leia, You have that power Too, and in time you'll learn to use it as I have"

Edit: Also REALLY REALLY Hoping that some of the characters are the kids of Leia and Han....

Edited by tunewalker

Dear Lord, NO! If Revan is even mentioned in the new film I will walk out. Revan just needs to stay dead.

This times 1,000,000,000,000,000.

I enjoyed Revan's arc as much as the next guy...but it should have ended at Foundry. There was no need to bring him back for the return of the Emperor, and certainly no need for him to be kicking around 3600+ years later. Let the man stay dead.

Dear Lord, NO! If Revan is even mentioned in the new film I will walk out. Revan just needs to stay dead.

If the bad guy is a fanboy of Sith history and artifacts, doesn't it make sense old Sith would get at least a mention? Doesn't have to be Revan or anyone from old EU, but certinately would make sense for the character to bring up some Sith history. The design was clearly inspired by Revan though so I would not be shocked if his character was re-canonized.

Edited by Pietrastor

I've got a nagging feeling that the villain "behind the scenes" that's rumored to be just a voice where a tomb is...might be Vitiate. Idk...I feel like the timing of the current story in the game and the release of the movie are too close together to be coincidence. Also the fact that Kylo is some sort of force antiquity collector seems that something from this game could be taken into the movie...and making it canon (like the lightsaber or something). Just my thoughts! I can't wait for December!