An interesting read.

bluehufsa

The visual similarities are obvious but I think that was just pure marketing.

If we do get Revan back, I doubt it'll have anything to do with the new trilogy.

I really hope they will include Revan in the SW canon. Remember when Snoke talked about Kylo's bloodline potential? I suspect he wasn't talking about the Skywalker family but about Revan. Maybe, just maybe the directors of the new SW movies realized they need to introduce a famous villain/hero, one loved or hated by the young segment of the public if they want to keep the franchise going. Sure, they came with a lot of extraordinary new characters ( Phasma, Rose, Hux, Finn) , but none of them is nearly as interesting as Revan ( or other characters from Expanded Universe) .

a lot of theories and almost all of them are streched beyond belief at this point.

just assuming for a moment that Revan was to return? that would mean that kotor and swtor would have to be made canon, assuming this entire storyline is set in stone through the books and games, otherwise if they rewrote Revan out the games and books as a character that had a disturbingly similar storyline but elsewhere in star wars lore, it would be a monumental moment of being fubar.

Really need more details.

a lot of theories and almost all of them are streched beyond belief at this point.

just assuming for a moment that Revan was to return? that would mean that kotor and swtor would have to be made canon, assuming this entire storyline is set in stone through the books and games, otherwise if they rewrote Revan out the games and books as a character that had a disturbingly similar storyline but elsewhere in star wars lore, it would be a monumental moment of being fubar.

Really need more details.

How many times do I have to kill that idiot before he gets the message. :cool:

Hasn't Revan been butchered enough?

Who said anything about butchering? And he is one with the Force anyway :D. The only way he could appear in a SW movie would be as a Force Ghost . As far as i know, Force ghosts cannot be harmed in any way, can they?

Who said anything about butchering? And he is one with the Force anyway :D. The only way he could appear in a SW movie would be as a Force Ghost . As far as i know, Force ghosts cannot be harmed in any way, can they?

There is no established way in canon, but they can be harmed in legends.

Ex.

Presumably various rituals can harm them (not counting Force Walk since they aren't really "harmed"). Kallig mentions at least once that he's too weak to confront Zash. Thus, Zash must know a way to affect him.

You can fight the ghost of Ajunta Pall in KOTOR. Not sure how "harmed" he was but he was driven off.

The spirits of Korriban disappeared due to the corruptoin of the Brotherhood of Darkness (Darth Bane's perspective anyway)

Lord Dramath in KOTET

Valkorian/Vitiate/Tenebrae in KOTET (though he may not be a true "ghost"

That being said, these are all dark side ghosts, which don't even exist in canon, and may work different for light side ones

Edited by MadDutchman

There is no established way in canon, but they can be harmed in legends.

Ex.

Presumably various rituals can harm them (not counting Force Walk since they aren't really "harmed"). Kallig mentions at least once that he's too weak to confront Zash. Thus, Zash must know a way to affect him.

You can fight the ghost of Ajunta Pall in KOTOR. Not sure how "harmed" he was but he was driven off.

The spirits of Korriban disappeared due to the corruptoin of the Brotherhood of Darkness (Darth Bane's perspective anyway)

Lord Dramath in KOTET

Valkorian/Vitiate/Tenebrae in KOTET (though he may not be a true "ghost"

That being said, these are all dark side ghosts, which don't even exist in canon, and may work different for light side ones

Wouldn't Revan be a LS Force ghost, since he was redeemed at the end of the SoR ARC? There is no info about anyone being able to harm a LS Force apparition, not in canon not in Legends.

Wouldn't Revan be a LS Force ghost, since he was redeemed at the end of the SoR ARC? There is no info about anyone being able to harm a LS Force apparition, not in canon not in Legends.

Revan actually does provide some hint that LS ghosts can be affected in some way.

(paraphrase) "Now that your power has subsided I can finally confront you..." If LS Revan had to wait for that, then in theory there was something DS Revan could have done to affect him.

That being said, we don't know if that is just because DS Revan could in theory affect himself, it isn't conclusive that anyone could have.

It does stand to reason though that even if there was a way to affect LS ghosts (thought bomb perhaps? that rips the spirits right ought of live Force users and rips them apart), it would be a lot harder to do so since they are not bound to a specific place or object like a DS ghost is. If threatened somehow, they could just disappear back into the Force.

It would be great for the Movies to " *Acknowledge, Revan"; doing anything more would ruin a very well liked character. Leave him as he would be at the current movie time as legend and/ or example. A good Mention, maybe talking about, but anything more (Adding dialogue, a small part etc.) would Lessen a very well liked character. George isn't there, Drew wouldn't be there or other favored genre writers and Disney's reputation so far is in the Minus numbers for Star Wars. Simply Mentioning him and using his story as an example is enough to bring all this into Canon and show turning (LS > DS > LS) is *Possible but still not good (Revan did turn back but a lot of Good people died as a result of turning Dark nonetheless). Edited by MikeCobalt

• 3 weeks later...

Hard no to all of this. As you can see, there's only a handful of people in this game that even want something like that. I can see a place for old republic movie or tv content, but the Skywalker Saga movies is not the place.

Force ghosts I'd rather see in ep9 include these top 4, but I could think of many more if necessary:

Luke

Anakin (Hayden C.)

Obi-wan

Qui-gon