GTN Search Issues [BUG]

Caligari

It is extremely hard to browse the GTN at the moment. If you select something like Category=Armor, Subcategory=Heavy Armor, the search button will not illuminate and become clickable. Changing level range does not change this. It seems like the only things that will let you use the Search button is by specifying a partial name, or a rarity level (other than 'any').

I can only assume it has something to do with this morning's patch note:

Galactic Trade Network

The Search button is now correctly disabled for categories that do no have a subcategory when there are no search results.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GTN is broken as said before. Before patch, searching categories without search text worked fine. Now it doesnt.

And yes, i generally go through categories instead of searching for specific items.

Edited by Parali

GTN is broken as said before. Before patch, searching categories without search text worked fine. Now it doesnt.

And yes, i generally go through categories instead of searching for specific items.

If you set the rarity to GREEN, the search button should work without any text being entered into the name box. This work around works fine for me.

Edited by Parali
bad quote

It is extremely hard to browse the GTN at the moment. If you select something like Category=Armor, Subcategory=Heavy Armor, the search button will not illuminate and become clickable. Changing level range does not change this. It seems like the only things that will let you use the Search button is by specifying a partial name, or a rarity level (other than 'any').

I can only assume it has something to do with this morning's patch note:

I had this same problem yesterday, but I played around with it for 5 minutes, and then it started working.:o

Hoping this is fixed quickly... setting any quality level seems to work (except the one for everything), even gray, but many won't realize this and it'll slow down sales big time :(. Edited by Ancen

My beef with the GTN is that if I'm looking for crafting schematics that I don't have, I cant tell from the GTN list which ones I do or do not have unless I scroll through my own crafting list.

How about giving us an option for sorting schematics so I can see which ones I dont have.

My beef with the GTN is that if I'm looking for crafting schematics that I don't have, I cant tell from the GTN list which ones I do or do not have unless I scroll through my own crafting list.

How about giving us an option for sorting schematics so I can see which ones I dont have.

This is what the "Usable By" filter should do, in the context of schematics -- show you any available schematics you don't already know, that you are capable of learning. Instead it treats it like anything else in the GTN and checks to see if you can equip it. (Or, in some cases, it seems to check whether the item made by the schematic is equippable; I haven't fully worked out its rationale here.)

Anyway, here's to hoping the next patch actually gets tested before it rolls out... :(

As a crafter, this is a massive bug. My GF and myself craft a lot in this game to raise credits for our guild. We have both seen MASSIVE decreases in GTN sales since 1.2.

BW, this is significantly cutting into crafters in game. Major, major issue for that group of people.

I've been exceedingly patient with this game. I love this game. Whoever designed and coded the GTN needs to have their place in the company re-evaluated. Simply put, it does not do its job, and it is supposed to be a major feature of any MMO.

In order to find Desh, I should not have to select a category, a subcategory and a rarity before being allowed to search. It just shouldn't take that many filters.

Apparently their idea of a fix to the GTN is applying the bug that affected some categories in searches since 1.2 to all categories now. So we only waited 3 weeks for them to make it worse. Way to go Bioware.

Maybe they are saving the fix so they can add it to the "feature" list for 1.3.

As a crafter, this is a massive bug. My GF and myself craft a lot in this game to raise credits for our guild. We have both seen MASSIVE decreases in GTN sales since 1.2.

BW, this is significantly cutting into crafters in game. Major, major issue for that group of people.

Indeed the GTN is something that BW should be ashamed of. Indeed there have been so many problems with it both pre and post 1.2. Sales are way down since 1.2. My wife and I both craft and gather and pretty much have given up trying to make items for sale. I have also noticed over the last week or so that the population on our medium server had taken a big drop at all hours. Our server had settled into 90-120 people on fleet during prime time and for the last week I have been seeing 60 for the same times.

The GTN does discourage sales and hence crafting, but I am starting to think that perhaps part of the problem is that there are fewer people around to buy our wares. We can't sell if no one is there. I don't know about the population issues, but BW might want to buy a WOW sub for some of it's devs. If those devs had the chance to experience the WOW AH setup they may be able to see how the GTN should work and steal some ideas.

Fix searching for earpieces and ship upgrades now! Sales have halted cause people can't find our stuff without the ANY function working. Please fix it or educate the public about it. The only work around is searching with 'cheap' selected.

The lack of testing which is shown repeatedly and is one of the main reasons why this game is struggling with subscribers.

No it was tested. I was in a couple betas and told them it was not ready. The launch was set in stone it did not matter to them at ALL the game was far from ready for release. They had a hard date of 12/20 and nothing was going to delay that. I dont even use it. Last time I did sell something one of the emails broke and I couldnt get the money for days until my ticket was answered.

Dang when I posted in another thread about the fix to companion ear pieces/ implants I made jest as to " I wanna see what they broke in order to fix the companion bug".. sorry peeps.. I jinxed the GTN it seems :(

Anyhow BW.. I would recommend using a professional recruitment company who have the right kind of employee experience next to time you try to put a dev team together... or at the very least .. look into building any kind of in house QA, cos what we've seen so far is nothing short of embarassing and shambolic tbh.

4 months in and your already fire fighting in all areas of the game :(

Edited by Bloodstealer

Indeed the GTN is something that BW should be ashamed of. Indeed there have been so many problems with it both pre and post 1.2. Sales are way down since 1.2. My wife and I both craft and gather and pretty much have given up trying to make items for sale. I have also noticed over the last week or so that the population on our medium server had taken a big drop at all hours. Our server had settled into 90-120 people on fleet during prime time and for the last week I have been seeing 60 for the same times.

The GTN does discourage sales and hence crafting, but I am starting to think that perhaps part of the problem is that there are fewer people around to buy our wares. We can't sell if no one is there. I don't know about the population issues, but BW might want to buy a WOW sub for some of it's devs. If those devs had the chance to experience the WOW AH setup they may be able to see how the GTN should work and steal some ideas.

without a doubt, lower populations (or lower concurrent players which is the new hot PC term) plus the fact that the GTN is a mess is really damaging the crafting portion of the community.

Copied from an earlier post of mine regarding this issue.

To those above saying it wasnt broke, it was, u could not search for Ears, Mounts, Implants, Relics without changing rarity or level.

See here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=429976

This is there apparent fix to that. Instead of making it so Any could be selected and searched they made it so the Search button was disabled until you change one of the options. Good work there, people still think its broken for crying out loud as u can see here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=439912

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=439879

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=439843

Please make it so Any can be selected and Any are listed this is getting ridiculous now.

Why wasn't the "Any" search field removed from the GTN if it is no longer selectable? In the meantime it only serves to confuse new players or people not familiar with the GTN.

I am completely amazed by the direction of the GTN. Weren't we told that the GTN was "going to be x% less stupid" by a member of the .dev team? How come weeks after 1.2 completely obliterated it, it is now still broken, and some would argue more so then it was prior to today's patch.

Seriously BW, what is going on with the GTN?

I'm very concerned that BW plans on merging the Neutral GTN with the Rep and Imp GTNs. Should we expect the GTN system to be so damaged at that point that its time to spam general/trade chat with our items instead?

The faith is running real low right now on this subject. Once again, we have a critical to highly important game feature, busted beyond belief with no word from the .dev team. What a surprise.

BW, it doesnt hurt to admit that you broke it and are throwing money into fixing the problem. Thats a great start.

I find that selecting 'cheap' will let items sow up ... but yes, selecting 'any' means the search box stays greyed out.

So, the patch the was supposed to fix the GTN broke it completely. Given the long lost of bugs introduced (sound wierding out, companion weapons always drawn, implants not working, GTN screwy etc ..) recently, should 1.2 now be listed as -1.2?