Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great another week of avoiding Fleet.

Cannot log in an alt without getting grieved.

Wish avoiding the fleet let me actually play the game, though. The worst is when using a fleet pass and it ports you into the ~200 people standing clumped together infecting eachother so it takes forever to load in, you lag out, and get infected to boot.

What a poorly designed event (and poorly designed fleet for that matter to not cap out at ~50 people per instance).

There is literally no reason for someone to get upset about it at all.
sure there is.

First off, unless you are AFK it is IMPOSSIBLE to get "ganked", "harassed", or whatever other nonsense people are claiming.
No, it's certainly possible.

When using a fleet pass, for example, and getting infected before you can move from the spot. Or having someone dive bomb you from the vip lounge. Or catching you while logging in. Or running up to you and exploding before you've heard of the event in the first day. Or from looking away to pet the cat that just jumped on your lap while your character is in a supposed "safe area".

Second, even if you do get infected, it doesn't effect your gameplay at all.
That's also false; you can, for example: be in a huttball match, and lose because the ball carrier explodes right before he crosses the goal line. You can lose a match in any of the warzones because someone exploded (or was even just stunned) at the wrong moment. You can wind up exploding while soloing a champion mob and have to spend the time to beat him down again (since he'll reset back to 100%). you can fall prey to the bug that made a guy lose a piece of gear because he exploded at the wrong time; even if he gets it back that has affected his game play. You can lose a space mission as a result of the explosion.

And even if you're not doing anything other than traveling it's an interruption (albeit a short one) to what you're doing.

So while it doesn't affect YOUR gameplay, it does indeed affect other people's game play. And for anyone not interested in the so called rewards of the event, it doesn't offer any benefit at all.

the cost of vaccine argument is a non starter. all you need to do is stand near the group on fleet get infected, then 10 mins later you get the fever, wait a bit and ask for people who need to be infected, get 10 people and you get the mission plaugebearer guess what one of the rewards is x 5? thats right vaccine.
So, for the people who don't want to be involved, you're suggesting that they just sit around and waste 20 minutes of thier game time and then go get involved in the event. Did you miss the part where they didn't want to be involved?

So if you don't want to be mugged, just give your money to the mugger?

Edited by ferroz

For those of you who don't want to participate in the event and don't want to get infected: Just get some Rakghoul Plague Vaccine from a stim vendor and carry on with your day. No need to worry about "getting ganked".

Thing is it's wiped upon death so anyone doing Warzones will need to start shelling out fairly constant amounts of cash to keep clean.

I guess 'just avoid warzones' is a valid answer to that. Probably should since 1.2 anyway...

Citizens have until this time to completely avoid Tatooine and to not engage in investigations of suspicious wreckage on its surface.

*giggles*

and~

AMG I need to get the Quinn customization, it's taking forever. :( *kicks sand*

Not enough time really so I hope this comes back next year please so I can finish it :)

It's been great fun.

1. Try game first time on a Weekend Pass, so without an alt.

2. Get quests (Advanced Class, Class Skills, Take Shuttle to capitol, Esseles/Black Talon for Social quest) on starter worlds to go to Fleet, plus the only personal bank you will have seen.

3. Spend 1/5th of all your credits on a vaccine.

Or better yet, let your self explode and then sell the 5 DNA in your bags for 10,000 to 50,000 credits likely to rise as people realise that there is so little time left.

If for some reason you are unwilling to explode to get those credits, jump over the railing for a free vaccination.

Edited by Bhaers

Or if you PVP as a melee class, you are going to get infected.

This current event is an event that rewards you counter intuitively for catching a fatal disease and infecting others with it when it should instead reward you for avoiding that and stopping those who are infected.

Your right the event should have been about avoiding the plague and stopping those infected... So how would you implement it.

Currently, they did it so everybody could have some fun, and even if you tried to harrass people there is a way out. I would change the warzone issue by just neutralizing the plague while in the warzone, it reactivates once back out. For fleet, I would allow 2 solutions, if you are infected fleet pass is disabled (You were scanned by the shuttle before pick up) or have you blow up in transit to fleet (you show up in fleet dead, but don't infect anyone because you blew up in transit).

For a first event for Bioware, I say good job. I would like to see more dynamic events added in to the game similar to Rift and GW2. The fleet messages and the news channel events were perfect touches and I would prefer all new in game events be announced like this. It adds so much. :D

These type of things tend to be boring and the effort taken to get it done doesn't equal the rewards you get, thats normally how it is with mmos.

I don't know what server you're on but on my server (the red eclipse) the green/black lvl 50 crystals are going for anywhere between 1 - 2 mil credits, DNA samples are going for about 10k for 1 dna. The lvl 50 crystal costs 83 Dna, lvl 31 crystal costs 75. I"m averaging about 24- 30 (depends on how many times I blow up) per day. plus because your quests scale to your lvl you're also getting good xp. The crystals come as either lvl 50; + 41 to endurance, power, expertise, critical. or at lvl 31 with +16 stats in the same categories.

That's not reward enough for you?

the green/black lvl 50 crystals are going for anywhere between 1 - 2 mil credits, DNA samples are going for about 10k for 1 dna.

Yep, there are a lot of people getting a lot of credits right now selling rather than using the rewards. Credits that can be used for other things (like getting a GTN terminal and mailbox on your own ship)

Edited by Bhaers

I had not logged since before 1.2 went live, please tell me I got it wrong - to get event rewards you need to get sick and expolde\infect as much as you can?? :eek:

Why have you put this on this post when it is not the right one thank you.

I had not logged since before 1.2 went live, please tell me I got it wrong - to get event rewards you need to get sick and expolde\infect as much as you can?? :eek:

No. To get rewards you have to do the event dailys AND/OR get sick/explode AND/OR buy DNA from others.

Attention citizens:

We are happy to announce that we are starting to make progress in the neutralization of the Rakghoul Plague Outbreak. It is our hope that the outbreak will be completely contained by April 24th at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Citizens have until this time to completely avoid Tatooine and to not engage in investigations of suspicious wreckage on its surface.

Thank you.

Good. I wish you wouldn't have forced PvE content on us to begin with. Have your events, just make them optional in the future please.:mad:

I've had so much fun participating in this event. I'll honestly be sad when then plague is contained (though I hope for more outbreaks in the future). This is definitely the most enjoyable questing I've had on my (main) level 50 character since January.

Nice job Bioware!

Don't want to complain too much, but the random companion customization boxes are a teeny bit dissapointing . It's always Kira, Kira, Kira for me (no really, the last three in a row that I've purchased ALL Kira). Random boxes are cool when there's more variety. I'd rather spend a certain amount (60 to 80 a piece) to attain the customizations that would be relevant to the characters I've chosen to play than keep getting customiztions I'll never ever utilize.

Your right the event should have been about avoiding the plague and stopping those infected... So how would you implement it.

There were so many ways this could have been implemented. Those infected could have become Rakghouls and became PVP enabled, effectively becoming "mobs" that ran around infecting people (Returning to normal of course when they died.) and when they killed another player, that player became a Rakghoul in the same standard time limit as they have to explode unless they took a vaccine. Those infected could have gotten rewards for infecting others, while other players could have gotten rewards for killing the Rakghouls before the Rakghouls could infect people.

There were so many ways this could have been implemented. Those infected could have become Rakghouls and became PVP enabled, effectively becoming "mobs" that ran around infecting people (Returning to normal of course when they died.) and when they killed another player, that player became a Rakghoul in the same standard time limit as they have to explode unless they took a vaccine. Those infected could have gotten rewards for infecting others, while other players could have gotten rewards for killing the Rakghouls before the Rakghouls could infect people.

Why can the not keep it on the game for a long time then.

Wait, can you only do 1 Daily quest each day or each Daily quest once a day? I thought I could do em all and they don't disappear once new ones appear.

I started the quest lines on day 1 so i'm not 100% sure on this but reading through the forums and on General chat in game this is the impression that I have.

when you start the quest line for the first time you get the area quest, you can pick up the tracking the origin quest, you can do the plauge bearer quest, and the 1st daily quest.

The tracking the origin quest is the only quest of the event that is not repeatable. All the others are.

The next day you log in you can do all the repeatable quests, (again if you'd like) plus now you'll be able to do the day 2 quest.

The next day you'll be able to do all the quests again, plus be able to pick up the day 3 quest. and so on and so forth. So if they keep the set as a 5 item set you'll need to do the quest lines for 5 days to get all 5 items ( boots, gloves, legs, helmet, chest [presumably]) if they add bracers and belts then you'd need to do the quest for 7 days to get all the items. (I personally hope they go to 7 items becuse i'd love to have a set of orange modable bracers )

I started the quest lines on day 1 so i'm not 100% sure on this but reading through the forums and on General chat in game this is the impression that I have.

when you start the quest line for the first time you get the area quest, you can pick up the tracking the origin quest, you can do the plauge bearer quest, and the 1st daily quest.

The tracking the origin quest is the only quest of the event that is not repeatable. All the others are.

The next day you log in you can do all the repeatable quests, (again if you'd like) plus now you'll be able to do the day 2 quest.

The next day you'll be able to do all the quests again, plus be able to pick up the day 3 quest. and so on and so forth. So if they keep the set as a 5 item set you'll need to do the quest lines for 5 days to get all 5 items ( boots, gloves, legs, helmet, chest [presumably]) if they add bracers and belts then you'd need to do the quest for 7 days to get all the items. (I personally hope they go to 7 items becuse i'd love to have a set of orange modable bracers )

Why is that then .