Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet

CarnagexMGDx

Does anyone have a list of pets with their corresponding retailers? I'd like to know what Target is going to be sporting. The Flutterplume is my favorite, and I've always been partial to Orokeets...

Also, confirmed we can redeem more than one of these codes for multiple pets? Or is it one and done?

Best Buy = Arctic Manka Lynx

Lobelode = GameStop

Forest Nekkar Cat = Unknown EU Retailer

Gilded Flutterplume = Walmart

You can only get one of each pet (it's an account unlock) but you can definitely redeem the different cards and receive the different pets.

By process of elimination, I would guess that Target would be the Crested Orokeet since it's the only current collection pet tied to a Cartel Coin purchase with an unknown origin.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Buy = Arctic Manka Lynx

Lobelode = GameStop

Forest Nekkar Cat = Unknown EU Retailer

Gilded Flutterplume = Walmart

I have the Nekarr Forest Car myself (I'm from Germany), and I can confirm that these CCCs can be bought at several retailers, not only one.

That's probably because we don't have this "Exclusivity" thing like I often see in forums with american retailers.

I have mine from Gamestop Germany ( http://www.gamestop.de , look there for "cartel coins"), but I've also seen it at the Saturn electronics chain. Other retailers might have it as well.

Link to Gamestop (it's a bit long, I hope this works) : http://www.gamestop.de/PC/Games/28811/star-wars-the-old-republic-cartel-points-code-in-der-box?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.de%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearch%3Fq%3Dcartel%2Bcoins

Link to Saturn : http://www.saturn.de/mcs/product/ELECTRONIC-ARTS-Star-Wars%3A-The-Old-Republic---2.400-Kartellm%C3%BCnzen,48352,419161,591439.html?langId=-3

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

So it sounds like this is something that subscribers HAVE to spend extra money on? What happened to being able to save up cartel coins for things? This is disturbing news indeed! I guess it shouldn't surprise me that EAWare is conspiring with Walmart though. Both companies have ABYSMAL reputations. Check how this fun article on how Walmart LITERALLY bulldozed mexican cultural heritage sites, physically destroying priceless artifacts over a thousand years old! http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/business/walmart-bribes-teotihuacan.html?pagewanted=all

Wal-mart, Gamestop, Best Buy and & Target (?) paid Bioware to have exclusive items to bring customers into their stores. We get the exclusive items for the cost of the cartel coins. It's a win-win. Bioware gets more money and we get more pets for no additional cost.

These pets are not cartel market items. They are store promotional items. No where did Bioware say that all items in-game can be purchased with cartel coins.

As a general rule, we're waiting until we can verify the inventory has made its way through various retailers and gotten onto shelves. We don't want to send y'all to Walmart only for you to discover they aren't there yet.

That being said, Walmart reportedly went live this week, and I understand that we should be appearing in Target 'very soon'.

I can confirm, at least for University Park Penn State Students, that Neither State College Walmart has received an allotment yet. I know the Walmart on Benner pike is about to go through inventory on the 11th and are not likely to set a new mod before then.

Wal-mart, Gamestop, Best Buy and & Target (?) paid Bioware to have exclusive items to bring customers into their stores. We get the exclusive items for the cost of the cartel coins. It's a win-win. Bioware gets more money and we get more pets for no additional cost.

Ah, okay, I see it now.

But still - the cards in Germany can be found at *various* retailers (although not many), not an single, exclusive retailer.

What I have already seen a few times, though, are exclusive game editions for a few retailers. But this wasn't very well met, I think. ("Dungeons" is one example : Media Markt got their own exclusive edition of that).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Ah, okay, I see it now.

But still - the cards in Germany can be found at *various* retailers (although not many), not an single, exclusive retailer.

What I have already seen a few times, though, are exclusive game editions for a few retailers. But this wasn't very well met, I think. ("Dungeons" is one example : Media Markt got their own exclusive edition of that).

Star Trek Online was one of the worst offenders of this that I had ever seen.

There were like 6-8 different retailer-exclusive versions of the base game, each with its own special item.

I'm sad to say that I bought them all, and because I had a lifetime sub, I didn't even get the benefit of an additional 30 free days.

I work in retail and we don't charge for any kind of card in the same way we don't charge for in store gift cards. It might be a state thing, though?

Yep, checked my Best Buy receipt from the other night and no sales tax. But I don't pay any sales tax on my SWTOR sub or any of my Cartel Coin purchases through this website. Now THAT is definitely a state-by-state thing though.

I have one of the 2400 Cartel Coin cards from Walmart with the Gilded Flutterplume pet. I'm interested in trading for a code that grants the Forest Nekarr Cat. (According to this post it's quite possible to unlock them on EU accounts.)

If you have one of the Forest Nekarr codes and you'd like to trade please PM me.

Update: The code has now been claimed.

Edited by Ilith

So it sounds like this is something that subscribers HAVE to spend extra money on? What happened to being able to save up cartel coins for things? This is disturbing news indeed! I guess it shouldn't surprise me that EAWare is conspiring with Walmart though. Both companies have ABYSMAL reputations. Check how this fun article on how Walmart LITERALLY bulldozed mexican cultural heritage sites, physically destroying priceless artifacts over a thousand years old! http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/business/walmart-bribes-teotihuacan.html?pagewanted=all

I hope you aren't being serious. I totally LOL'd at this post...

Went to my local Gamestop. They have no idea what I'm talking about. The guy called 3 surrounding stores and none of them knew what a "Cartel Coin" card was. They kept telling me the "time cards" were done away with when the game went Free to Play. He looked up in the system "Star Wars" and "Cartel Coins" and "The Old Republic", etc. and found nothing.

Went to WalMart and saw an empty hanger that read "EA 2400 CC" so I assume that's where they will be hung, but there's nothing there.

Pretty disappointing, especially since I see so many people in game with them. I don't live in a rural area; just south of L.A. actually and this seems kind of stupid.

Okay, I've managed to get all of them except the Orokeet (because it's not at Target yet). Here's the trick for each:

GAMESTOP: They have it. They really do. Most of the people working the counter have no idea that they do, though, so you have to convince the clerks that it exists. It's entirely electronic: there's no physical anything other than the receipt you get with the code on it. Have them search their system for Old Republic Cartel Coins. EVERY Gamestop can sell them, really, no matter how much the clerks claim it's not there. The number in their system, according to my receipt, is 608001 060/000.

BEST BUY: They also have it. Best way to do this, however, is to bypass the clerks and go to their video-game section, to the "preorder" computerized kiosk. You can do a search for "Old Republic" and find the cartel coins that way; this will print out a receipt for you to take to the cashier. Unless your Best Buy doesn't have such a kiosk, in which case, I assume you'll have to do what you do at Gamestop. Their number in the system, if my receipt is to be believed, is 8919082.

WAL-MART: They have physical cards, located with their computer game cards. If you pick up such a card for a friend outside the US and Canada, however, there may be problems with them accepting the codes, but I know that there are workarounds out there. (None of the other codes I've seen thus far have any sort of region-restrictions.)

EU RETAILERS: Also physical cards. Amazon.de has them, if you don't live in Europe.

I'm assuming Target's will be more like Wal-Mart, with the physical card, but that's pure speculation on my part, I'll admit.

Edited by CrispenGray

GAMESTOP: The number in their system, according to my receipt, is 608001 060/000.

BEST BUY: Their number in the system, if my receipt is to be believed, is 8919082.

I got the same numbers on my receipts. Also the girl working at my Gamestop said that entering "2400" brought it up when she checked her system.

Both my purchases did NOT include any sales tax. Might be because they were both digital downloads that they got around having to add it.

Also as a side note, the pets "actual" cost is 350 Cartel coins, if you get 2 or more of them.

I base this on:

Get 2 pets. Pay around $40 (2 x 2400 Cartel coins for $19.99. End up with 4800 Cartel coins.) Instead buy the biggest Cartel coins download for the same $40 - 5500 Cartel coins. The difference is 700 coins less. Or 350 per pet.

That said, that seems to be around the cost if they did offer them straight into the Cartel market.

Went to my local Gamestop. They have no idea what I'm talking about. The guy called 3 surrounding stores and none of them knew what a "Cartel Coin" card was. They kept telling me the "time cards" were done away with when the game went Free to Play. He looked up in the system "Star Wars" and "Cartel Coins" and "The Old Republic", etc. and found nothing.

Gamestop has it. It's purchase of a downloadable code through their computer system...not a physical card. It seems most of the Gamestop employees don't understand this though and they keep thinking of it like a physical game time card. They might have to do some searching in the computer system, but it's there.

Gamestop has it. It's purchase of a downloadable code through their computer system...not a physical card. It seems most of the Gamestop employees don't understand this though and they keep thinking of it like a physical game time card. They might have to do some searching in the computer system, but it's there.

Maybe I shall try this, might work :)

Don't find it on there website hope it will come there soon :)

Don't find it on there website hope it will come there soon :)
Can't get it on their website.

Have to go to the store.

Ask them to search for "TOR" or "Cartel"

Also, if you're after the flutterplume, those only come from Walmart.

GameStop has a different pet.

Edited by Rankyn

Have to go to the store.

Thank you for answer :)

I'm going to be very happy and surprised if they find it at Gamestop here in Norway, but

it's absolutely worth a try :)

Have to go to the store.

... Yes it's the flutterplume I want... So ... I just have to hope that BW will add it to the Cartel Market soon...

Found another type of flutterplume on the gtn but it was grey, not gilded...

Yeah yeah if BW don't add the gilded verdion to the Cartel Market I must just get the grey one... :)

Thanks for answer :)