Better PVP spec?

Nothematic

Hi guys.

I'm a level 50 sorc playing full madness (3/7/31). I am a DPS (obviously) working towards the final pieces of War Hero gear (not min/maxed). I've played this spec for months, and I was wondering if there are any (arguably or not) better specs for a DPS spec (e.g hybrid).

Current spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZbc0MZcrcRsMkrfz.2

Any improvements or suggestions for a better spec? I'm not really sure how the 'bubble stun spec' works (healer spec???) so if anything involves that please explain :p

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Nothematic

Hi guys.

I'm a level 50 sorc playing full madness (3/7/31). I am a DPS (obviously) working towards the final pieces of War Hero gear (not min/maxed). I've played this spec for months, and I was wondering if there are any (arguably or not) better specs for a DPS spec (e.g hybrid).

Any improvements or suggestions for a better spec? I'm not really sure how the 'bubble stun spec' works (healer spec???) so if anything involves that please explain :p

Thanks everyone!

ive always preferred hybrid

Hi guys.

Thanks everyone!

I highly recommend this spec if you prefer madness: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201G0bZbZcMfRsrkRfz.2

Wall of text inc!

My reasoning. With your current spec layout, you have 3 points invested in the Convection talent in the bottom tier of the lightning tree. The tooltip reads that it benefits Thundering Blast, Lightning Strike, Chain Lightning and Crushing Darkness. With Madness spec you will simply not be using chain lightning or thundering blast ever, and if you use Lightning strike in your madness rotation you are losing DPS. So you are essentially investing 3 talent points to benefit your crushing darkness minimally.

With the spec I am presenting you will gain +10% damage increase with your AoE Deathfield. I have found that being fully min/maxed with Elite War Hero I often get Deathfield crits anywheres between 4k-6k damage. Be warned though, a few classes have the ability to spec into reduced damage from AoE abilities. The two points in the corruption tree in the reduced casting time are a benefit for yourself when you have to either spot heal a teammate or heal yourself. Remember that being a DPS sorc does not designate that you are only limited to doing damage. You have great support potential between your AoE knockback, your Creeping Terror as a peel, bubble, stun, instant whirlwind, and your off-heals. Having the potential to do all of these things but limiting yourself to damage is an overall loss for your team.

Adding on to my post, this spec requires a lot more force management and has a higher skill required to play. Since you get health return from your DoTs, use opportunities when you have a wrath -> crushing darkness to first use Consumption and THEN Crushing Darkness. If you are at full health but low in force this is the way to benefit from. You have high mobility with this spec so use LoS to your advantage when doing this maneuver. The two piece Force Master set bonus is really required to make this spec work.

In addition, if you are Biochem and find yourself lacking of warzone medpacks, use your Rakata Medpack which increases your maximum health by 15% in addition to the heal. You will get greater health return from DoTs for the duration because you gain health based on maximum health. (I hope this is all making sense)

Not to hijack your thread, but I have a twitch.tv stream that I try to do at least once a week where I discuss my gameplay and specs while providing you with gameplay of me using them in Normal warzones and Ranked warzones. My goal is to promote PvP on The Harbinger as well as give advice on the Sorc class. I am a 2500 Rated DPS sorc. I would gladly put this spec on display for anyone who wishes to see how it is properly played.

http://www.twitch.tv/darcington

Edited by Deimosmp

I actually love full madness for PvP. The two second root from Creeping Terror on a 9 second cooldown is wonderful. The bubble stun is about to get nerfed, so I wouldn't switch at this point.

PvP Madness is all about controlling the battlefield. People complain about marauders/sentinels, but I have no trouble soloing them all day long. Between force speed, knockback, whirlwind, electrocute, force slow, the root from creeping terror and the slow from force lightning, you have a lot of tools for keeping out of their range. If you use the tools you have, you can keep melee classes at around the 8 meter mark and let your dots tick while they struggle to get range and even get an attack in.

• 2 weeks later...