PSA : you can upgrade to Collector's Edition!!! Also gives one month sub.

BenduKundalini

Edit : you need to find a PHYSICAL COPY, BRAND NEW (NOT USED) to get the CE edition. Amazon or the like.

Thanks to Steve the Cynic for confirming this beforehand on Reddit.

Now the box is HUGE :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I really really really only wanted the large hook statue of Mandalore the Ultimate at the VIP vendor... and oh boy it's even MORE beautiful than I thought. :eek::eek::eek::p:cool::cool::cool:

Youtube of my Mando hideout + flagship coming soon on the blog below. :csw_fett:

:sy_bountyhunter:THIS IS THE WAY :sy_bountyhunter:

Cheers folks ! (also, so frustrating to be unable to reply since last year...). Also, couldn't click a referral before subbing even though it's been a year.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Uh, I see no such option available

Link?

It's not an option. You need to find a new copy of the physical Collector's Edition (hence the huge box) which contains a Malgus statue, a book, music CDs and... a code to redeem here on swtor.com

it also has a physical security key dongle ! (still powers on and it's from 2011 !)

You can try Amazon or Craiglslst or anything like that. Beware though : it has to be new.

Edited by BenduKundalini

It's not an option. You need to find a new copy of the physical Collector's Edition (hence the huge box) which contains a Malgus statue, a book, music CDs and... a code to redeem here on swtor.com

You can try Amazon or Craiglslst or anything like that. Beware though : it has to be new.

Ah, I thought you meant they'd added a digital upgrade

yah, I already knew you could upgrade with the physical box, but I'm not willing to pay $200 for one...

Ah, I thought you meant they'd added a digital upgrade

yah, I already knew you could upgrade with the physical box, but I'm not willing to pay $200 for one...

Found mine for 50 ;)

BTW it does come with the goodies from the digital upgrade. The pistol flare is BEAUTIFUL (think of the flares at the end of the HOPE trailer with Jace Malcolm on Alderaan) and the portable holo dancer is :t_biggrin::t_biggrin::t_biggrin::t_tongue:

Buying the physical copy of the CE has ALWAYS been an option. That has been fairly common knowledge. All anyone cares about these days is a digital upgrade like ESO has for their CE versions.

I wondered if you could do that AFTER a regular subscription or if you needed to start out with Collector's.

And was afraid to have spent money for nothing if it didn't work.

Found mine for 50 ;)

BTW it does come with the goodies from the digital upgrade. The pistol flare is BEAUTIFUL (think of the flares at the end of the HOPE trailer with Jace Malcolm on Alderaan) and the portable holo dancer is :t_biggrin::t_biggrin::t_biggrin::t_tongue:

50 is quite a bargain, well done.

I wondered if you could do that AFTER a regular subscription or if you needed to start out with Collector's.

you can add it to your regular sub, it's just like adding a time card :)

Edited by DarkTergon

I have never known any game to do that. Every time I have bought the CE after owning the standard edition it has just been an upgrade, even if the I essentially paid full price for the game twice as opposed to paying the difference with a digital upgrade.

In fact, that is how I ended up with the CE of this game. My ex-wife bought me the pre-order for SWTOR and a year later I ordered myself the CE for all the little goodies.

Hmm... I never knew that this was something that people didn't know / were wondering about.

Glad you have found it out and it worked for you. Now, aren't you glad about the huge stock of the CE vendor on the fleet? ;)

The stock isn't too bad when you first get access, it's only when you've had it a while, and it doesn't update, that it becomes stale. Although in saying that, it still has the black/yellow dye, which I've used on various outfits, and still do.