Resolve Thread #1 Billion

JackNader

Core changes..

Players have a 1000 point resolve bar. Resolve decays continuously at a rate of 50 points per second. Once the resolve bar is filled the player is granted "unstoppable" for 4 seconds. During this time the player cannot be stunned, rooted, slowed, knockdown or otherwise impaired in any way. Players who continue to stun "unstoppable" targets will still be filling the resolve bar and thus "refresh" the unstoppable duration. Basically the more stuns that get lobbed at you the longer you remain unstoppable. The unstoppable buff will be shown as a distinctive aura surrounding the target.

All the 4 second stuns such as debilitate and electrocute are turned into "10m ranged" knockdowns. These knockdowns last no more than 1.5 seconds and cannot miss, be dodged, deflected or resisted in any way. The reason for this change is to prevent players from "abusing" the stun mechanic. That is, multiple players ganking a target while they each take it in turns dumping their stuns.

****Edit

If people must have there stuns then they would build resolve in the same manor as a mez.. See below. They would build 300 resolve per second.

All mezzes are left unchanged and build resolve at a rate of 150 points per second under the mez. Keep in mind that resolve is decaying at a rate of 50 points per second so the net resolve build is 100 resolve per second. This means that full resolve is granted after 10 seconds of mezz. This is sufficient to allow tactical node capping without breaking the mechanic.

All pulls, pushes and knockdowns build a flat 300 points of resolve.

Roots build 150 points of resolve per second under the effect.

Force choke and carbonize are left unchanged. They both build resolve at a rate of 300 points for every second under the effect.

Slows do not build resolve.

The breakstun ability is altered so that it immediately grants a full resolve bar. This will facilitate a more tactical use of the ability. It's cooldown is left unchanged and it can only be used if you are under a controlling effect.

Edited by JackNader

Or after each CC/root/knockdown one charge of "Unstoppable" is granted reducing the effect of the next stun, root, or knockdown by 35%. Stacks up to 3 times. Lasts 15 seconds.

Okay, so numbers may not be the perfect values, but it can't be much worse than resolve is now.

Disagree with two points.

1. Roots building resolve=problematic for classes that rely on roots to keep distance (sniper/gunslinger).

Also, I already have a problem with those pesky guardians/juggernauts that are immune to any sort of cc, including knockback for a duration...the longer they stay in a sniper's face the quicker the sniper dies, being able to keep melee classes at bay is the key to survival for the class.

2. Debilitate, electrocute, other 4m stuns being 1.5 second knockdowns is unfair. Every class gets a true stun why should 4m ones which are on ranged classes be nerfed to this? Yeah, multiple enemies beating on one player and stunlocking him is unfair, but what about some poor gunslinger who's trying to fight a melee one on one? Why punish everyone?

Would like to add that yes, I hate the way resolve is right now as much as the next guy. It's no fun when you get cc after cc after cc. And the game now rewards people for being careless with cc instead of punishing them. That's why you have all these knights and their uncles constantly using the aoe mezz, followed by stealthers mind-trapping twice in a row, and then proceeding to use their actual stun, etc. It's a nightmare of cc out there almost every match. But remember, it wasn't always like that. Want to know the best way to fix resolve? Simple. Just return it back to what it was before 1.4. Notice how there were very few threads about then. 1.4 is what broke it. They messed with something that wasn't broken, and so it broke.

Edited by Solarenergy

1. Roots building resolve=problematic for classes that rely on roots to keep distance (sniper/gunslinger).

Also, I already have a problem with those pesky guardians/juggernauts that are immune to any sort of cc, including knockback for a duration...the longer they stay in a sniper's face the quicker the sniper dies, being able to keep melee classes at bay is the key to survival for the class.

2. Debilitate, electrocute, other 4m stuns being 1.5 second knockdowns is unfair. Every class gets a true stun why should 4m ones which are on ranged classes be nerfed to this? Yeah, multiple enemies beating on one player and stunlocking him is unfair, but what about some poor gunslinger who's trying to fight a melee one on one? Why punish everyone?

Would like to add that yes, I hate the way resolve is right now as much as the next guy. It's no fun when you get cc after cc after cc. And the game now rewards people for being careless with cc instead of punishing them. That's why you have all these knights and their uncles constantly using the aoe mezz, followed by stealthers mind-trapping twice in a row, and then proceeding to use their actual stun, etc. It's a nightmare of cc out there almost every match. But remember, it wasn't always like that. Want to know the best way to fix resolve? Simple. Just return it back to what it was before 1.4. Notice how there were very few threads about then. 1.4 is what broke it. They messed with something that wasn't broken, and so it broke.

Just think about what you said here..

First point.. Roots build resolve.

This system does not prevent you from keeping any warrior at bay. Remember that the resolve bar is decaying constantly at a rate of 50 points per second. Your root lasts 2 seconds and is on a 9 - 12 second cooldown. This means you can never fill the resolve bar in this fashion. All the system does is prevent players who "gank" targets from stunlocking their target for the entire duration of their health pool. Basically in a 1v1 situation.. you're never going to fill the resolve bar. However, if the warriors bar suddenly fills right up what it means is that he's being attacked by multiple targets and in which case your still fine because your buddies are supporting you.

Second point..

How is changing all the 4second stuns to ranged knockdowns unfair? ALL classes who have an ability that fits this description would change. Right now the biggest offenders for causing stunlocked players are the 4 second hard stuns. Sure we could simply remove these stuns completely from the game but if we did that how would we interrupt HD, ravage, ambush etc? This is why I elected to change the ability to a ranged knockdown. In fact debilitate would go from a 4m range to a 10m range so it is to a snipers advantage. Hell, the range of those abilities could be set back to 30m and even have a slow mechanic attached to them.

I get what you're trying to say about roots, still not sure if they should build resolve though. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad. But that really isn't the problem right now. There are a bunch of other things that can and should build resolve, and the system would work just fine (note, the way it already did not so long ago). And I would never vote to completely get rid of stuns in PVP. It's perfectly fair when used at certain times, and if resolve is working in a well-designed and fair way. Stuns are just a part of PVP, I've never been one of those people that would like them eliminated or changed into something else. Even if you do increase the range, what you're proposing means that no class will have a true stun anymore and again, that's not the real problem or issue at all. Every class should have a true stun, it's not what most people are complaining about. It's the current resolve system that allows multiple CC"s without filling the resolve bar and becoming immune to them.

This never happened before 1.4. Everything was working fine. So I am saying that's all they really need to do, just return it like it was before. Every warzone you get three knights all using their Awe ability consecutively....awe...damage breaks it...awe again...for its full duration...awe again...seriously?! They walk by you just to do the awe, because it's become the way the game is played now. Before they saved it for the right time, now its "hi, say hello to my little mezz!" That's just one example of course, but a common one. Resolve builds so slowly now, that it just ruins the gameplay. Before it was pretty much two cc's and that's it. Everyone had to be smarter about using their cc's, now they use them every second they get because they get rewarded for it, and that's the problem. Just change it to what it was like before, and I bet there will never be another thread complaining about resolve again.

Edited by Solarenergy

Yeh, it's not quite that simple. You have to keep in mind that the time to kill is decreasing with every patch. This last patch definitely made the stunlocking issue worse by "increasing' the duration that you can be stunned for. Pre 1.4 was not quite as bad but still very bad. Everyone can relate to having 4 - 5 guys beat on them only to watch their full resolve bar melt away while they stood in the spawn area. The resolve system is and has always been broken and it's only going to get worse.

The current system does not punish players for completely filling a resolve bar. What is the point of achieving full resolve if it ..

A) does not remove all movement impairing effects off of you and

B) Still allows you to be rooted or slowed once free of the stun.

We all know the answer to this...

Then there is the current lame stun break mechanic where you are basically encouraged to allow players to beat on you until you are at full resolve. Even then, provided that you survived, you can still be rooted and slowed to an extent that renders the break utterly worthless.

The changes I proposed address all of these issues. They punish players who spam their stuns off cooldown and encourage a more tactical use of them. Also the new root break mechanic would become an extremely useful tools. It would in fact alter this game to such an extent that individual SKILL would prevail over the current gangking mentality. It would even strip away some of the pre-made glory because you will no longer be able to gank a target, keeping them perma stunned while you and your buddies beat on them. 5 seconds of stun is all you will get before the effects end.

Edited by JackNader

Yeh, it's not quite that simple. You have to keep in mind that the time to kill is decreasing with every patch. This last patch definitely made the stunlocking issue worse by "increasing' the duration that you can be stunned for. Pre 1.4 was not quite as bad but still very bad. Everyone can relate to having 4 - 5 guys beat on them only to watch their full resolve bar melt away while they stood in the spawn area.

I hate the recent resolve change as much as anyone else because it rewards baddies. It did not change how long you could be CC though, just more often.

Your suggest resolve changes would do nothing about the whole getting beat on by 5 guys and dying quickly. There's also nothing wrong with that scenario. You should die if you're being attacked by 5 guys.

The resolve system is and has always been broken and it's only going to get worse.

God I'm so tired so bads who don't understand what the resolve system is complaining about it. Resolve has NEVER been broken. It has always worked the way it was intended to. NOBODY has been able to provide any proof that it was broken in the 10 months SWTOR has been out.

The current system does not punish players for completely filling a resolve bar. What is the point of achieving full resolve if it ..

A) does not remove all movement impairing effects off of you and

B) Still allows you to be rooted or slowed once free of the stun.

You clearly haven't played a ranged dps class for any extensive period of time if you think a full resolve bar melee coming at you isn't punishing.

We all know the answer to this...

Then there is the current lame stun break mechanic where you are basically encouraged to allow players to beat on you until you are at full resolve. Even then, provided that you survived, you can still be rooted and slowed to an extent that renders the break utterly worthless.

Roots/snares being affected by resolve means ranged dps classes will get ***** left and right, and ranged classes are already suffering compared to melee. It will also make scoring in huttball waaaaaaaaay too easy, as well as make it harder to cap a node or plant a bomb.

The changes I proposed address all of these issues. They punish players who spam their stuns off cooldown and encourage a more tactical use of them. Also the new root break mechanic would become an extremely useful tools. It would in fact alter this game to such an extent that individual SKILL would prevail over the current gangking mentality. It would even strip away some of the pre-made glory because you will no longer be able to gank a target, keeping them perma stunned while you and your buddies beat on them. 5 seconds of stun is all you will get before the effects end.

We just need to revert the recent resolve change and we're good. I'd be down for a few tweaks like lower cd on cc breaker, or using it giving you full resolve. Something small like that, but not putting roots/snares on there because it will suck for ranged.

sigh. What happens if your ranged now? That's right 2 - 3 warriors leap to you root, push and choke you to death. Guess what will happen with the changes I proposed.. oh yes you're resolve will fill up within a few globals giving you unstoppable as ranged. That let's you kite and there's not a damn thing the melee can do about it. Once you are full resolved that's it. They have to deliberately wait and let your resolve come off before they can do anything about your movement. If anything the changes I propose punish melee players more than ranged. In terms of 1v1 nothing changes. You will NEVER fill the resolve of the opposing player unless you stun/root every global or if they pop their breaker. At which point you can also pop your breaker.

Look this is really simple.. you cannot take my system and say adding roots to resolve would ruin things when it's quite clear you are projecting it over the "current" system. Yes, in this regard you're completely right here! If they added roots to the current resolve system then ranged would get completely ****ed over. Also everyone would be walking around 100% resolved all the time.

As far as resolve not working.. It absolutely unequivocally does not work. Why even have resolve at all if all it does is drain away in the respawn area? Tell me what the point of it is, please? Hell if you want a crystal clear demonstartion of what the 'current" resolve system has in store for you, try playing huttball as a ball carrier. There's been matches where a simple task like walking from the huttball pickup point to the pit area ( only about a 40m distance) has taken more than a minute. Most games I end up rooted in the pit blowing every cooldown, mashing pass and forward. I only need to take like 3 more steps but I can't. I am full resolved and have been for the past 30 seconds while my character just stands there rooted, bleeding health. The funniest bit of all is that most classes couldn't get 5 meters without being totally beaten to death. Heck this is actually the reason I play an immortal vengeance jug just so I don't have to put up with the lame stunfest as much as other classes. You can't stunlock an immortal vengeance jug to death. They at least have a fighting chance.

Would my changes allow easier huttball capping? Sure, not just for jugs but for all classes. It would encourage skillful passing, tactical rooting and slowing rather then the current gank cluster **** mindless zombie stunfest. Hell it might even cause people to actually start playing huttball rather than the typical DPS stat padding shenanigans.

Would my changes prevent 5 players from stunlocking and beating down their oponent? Hell yes! The current system you can be stunned for more than 8 seconds straight and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Even when your resolve is full they can still beat you down while your character just stands there bent over. My changes allow not only a meaningful escape mechanism but also a big restriction on the duration you can be disabled for.

Reverting the changes won't solve a damn thing. As I pointed out the TTK gets faster every patch. The resolve system was never built to handle this. It's broken, it's not working as intended. If it was then why did bioware change it? Well they did change it and their changes failed miserably. Time for a revamp.

Edited by JackNader

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say about roots building resolve. It would make melee classes even more powerful, and weaken ranged too much. I think it's fine as it is that roots can't build resolve. If you've ever had one of those guardians or shadows on you with CC immunity, you'll know how much a ranged class suffers in those situations.

Also, I don't think resolve is the reason you can be cornered by 3 or 4 opponents and killed quickly. That happens in every warzone, we've all had it done to us and we all do it ourselves. Even if you are completely immune to any form of cc, you will most likely die if those situations. It's really not resolve to blame on that one.

Like I said before, resolve was fine before 1.4. It was never broken before,( hence it's easy to see the drastic difference before then and now)The problem is they broke it because now it doesn't fill the way it used to therefore it is highly probable to find yourself cc'd three times in a row, hence you have a bunch of people having a field day throwing out their aoe mezzes, their stealth mezzes, and so on. It makes for a bad pvp experience because you find yourself cc's twice as often or more as you were prior to 1.4.

Edited by Solarenergy

Sorc/Sages can CC people 4-6 times in a row before giving them 100% resolve while utilizing other effects such as roots that don't effect resolve at all. Fix resolve nerf sorcs/sages.

If noone agrees with that... my fall back nerf is to nerf concealments again to fix resolve.

Not even going to read this, but YES YES YES!!!!

I support ANYTHING that changes the impact CC's and our crap Resolve has on PvP. ANYTHING is better than what we have now.

I support changing the resolve system back to what it was before, because there was nothing unfair about that. The current resolve system is what's broken. That is not a call for extreme measures such as allowing roots to build resolve, and therefore killing classes that rely on them, and getting rid of the 4m range true stun. There's nothing wrong with the stun itself, just that it should be that hard stun plus a mezz should fill resolve like it used to prior to 1.4. Problem fixed no more resolve complaints, or stun wars scenarios.

Edited by Solarenergy

I support changing the resolve system back to what it was before, because there was nothing unfair about that. The current resolve system is what's broken. That is not a call for extreme measures such as allowing roots to build resolve, and therefore killing classes that rely on them, and getting rid of the 4m range true stun. There's nothing wrong with the stun itself, just that it should be that hard stun plus a mezz should fill resolve like it used to prior to 1.4. Problem fixed no more resolve complaints, or stun wars scenarios.

I agree, 1.4 made Resolve worse (something I NEVER could have imagined), but even prior to 1.4 it has been a massive failure of a system. There are FAR too many CC's in this game and the mechanic meant to minimize their impact on players is faulty.

Resolve needs to be impacted by everything that can CC you (that includes roots and slows) and CC breakers need a much shorter cooldown (30sec max imo).

Just throwing out an idea:

Stuns fill only 100/sec like the mez and you get additional resolve based on the damage you suffered while stunned. When you get full resolve this way you unstun.

Or

Every stun has a maximum damage it can ignore before it breaks like a mezz. The amount of ignorable damage is dependent on the accuracy stat.(Let's give accuracy stat some love)

Just throwing out an idea:

Stuns fill only 100/sec like the mez and you get additional resolve based on the damage you suffered while stunned. When you get full resolve this way you unstun.

Or

Every stun has a maximum damage it can ignore before it breaks like a mezz. The amount of ignorable damage is dependent on the accuracy stat.(Let's give accuracy stat some love)

Honestly, I'll take ANYTHING over what we have. So yeah, I support this idea too...ANYTHING would be worth trying at this point.

Also, I already have a problem with those pesky guardians/juggernauts that are immune to any sort of cc, including knockback for a duration...the longer they stay in a sniper's face the quicker the sniper dies, being able to keep melee classes at bay is the key to survival for the class..

I've come to really hate this reply. I understand it, but my thought on the matter is you can't always get what you want. your cc (root) can't always hit. god forbid you have to be careful about who/when you root. and c'mmon, if the guy has full resolve, he's already had to suffer through a ton of CC. now he's rooted? lol. c'mmon. overkill much? how is being full resolve and being insusceptible to stuns any different from having full resolve and being insusceptible to a root? because it's bad for the person trying to root? really? is it supposed to be good for the guy trying to stun? hey, I just stunned that sin who doesn't have full resolve. why should he have shroud immunity? same dif: I can't always get what I want.

bottom line: your root shouldn't always work, just like your punt doesn't always work and grapple doesn't always work. use your roots judiciously like every other class has to with their CCs.

I've come to really hate this reply. I understand it, but my thought on the matter is you can't always get what you want. your cc (root) can't always hit. god forbid you have to be careful about who/when you root. and c'mmon, if the guy has full resolve, he's already had to suffer through a ton of CC. now he's rooted? lol. c'mmon. overkill much? how is being full resolve and being insusceptible to stuns any different from having full resolve and being insusceptible to a root? because it's bad for the person trying to root? really? is it supposed to be good for the guy trying to stun? hey, I just stunned that sin who doesn't have full resolve. why should he have shroud immunity? same dif: I can't always get what I want.

bottom line: your root shouldn't always work, just like your punt doesn't always work and grapple doesn't always work. use your roots judiciously like every other class has to with their CCs.

....I'm speechless...I've never read it's equal. This is pure genius!!! Q F E!!!!

Snipers don't always get what they want. There are tons of ways to make a sniper miserable in a warzone, so it's not like we're the spoiled brats of PVP or anything. Melee classes already are very strong as it is, so to mess with one of their few "kryptonites" would be unfair. I have an assassin and a scoundrel that snipers/gunslingers use their roots on all the time, so I can understand how it can be frustrating, with my sorc healer they often root me to keep me from line of sighting them before they can use their explosive probe+ambush deadly combo on me, and I absolutely hate it when my force speed is on cooldown and I have nowhere to run.

But I also understand that roots are a fundamental mechanism to their class, since they are pretty much a "turret" class, and they need roots as much as they need their other unique abilities such as being immune to interrupts and leaps and pushback. It's the same reason that melee leapers have leap ability that immbolizes, it's a necessary mechanism for the class, otherwise they would become disadvantaged classes. I will never agree with roots building resolve because some "poor" melee has already been cc spammed by a bunch of other people, that is not a sniper's fault for playing his class the way its meant to be played. I have no problem with my flash grenade and my debilitate not working sometimes, it's even semi- okay that I can't knock back those guardians that like to get in my face.

But in a game, especially ones where the sniper's role is to be the defender, roots should always work because they are a necessary tool of the class. You can hate it all you want, but I think roots are the only cc that shouldn't be used "judiciously" as they can make or break a game like Huttball for example, where a good sniper can create an impenetrable defense using all his tools whenever necessary no matter if the best "strikers" aka leapers and sprinters are present. Chances are in Huttball, he's going to have full resolve because he has others beating on him, and it's my job to root him and keep him from progressing further towards our goal iine. But you call that "overkill" because you think he's been "punished" enough. It's not about getting what I want, it's about a necessary mechanism of the game.

I don't enjoy getting rooted when I play my other characters, but I don't think it's unfair that roots don't build resolve and that that gives a sniper the ability to use his roots anytime without worry. I think it would be getting what everyone seems to want if every little thing built resolve now, so you go from one extreme (what we have now where resolve is completely broken and every match is a cc fest) to another extreme (where we have to walk on eggshells with our cc for fear of filling resolve). Pre 1.4, imo was the right place to be, and they should have never tried to "fix" what wasn't really broken. Don't know why they felt the need to even mess with resolve as there was a good enough balance concerning cc and resolve already. Give them enough ideas and they'll swing that hammer way far in the other direction and ruin pvp even more, that's what happened last time and why the decided to mess with the system in the first place.

Edited by Solarenergy

But I also understand that roots are a fundamental mechanism to their class, since they are pretty much a "turret" class, and they need roots as much as they need their other unique abilities such as being immune to interrupts and leaps and pushback. It's the same reason that melee leapers have leap ability that immbolizes, it's a necessary mechanism for the class, otherwise they would become disadvantaged classes. I will never agree with roots building resolve because some "poor" melee has already been cc spammed by a bunch of other people, that is not a sniper's fault for playing his class the way its meant to be played. I have no problem with my flash grenade and my debilitate not working sometimes, it's even semi- okay that I can't knock back those guardians that like to get in my face.

so how is cryo grenade *not* a fundamental ability to a VG? or grapple? or neural surge? I need them to deal with melee and heals and range, just like you need your root to deal with melee....

it's not like I'm saying root shouldn't work, but for the lousy FOUR SECONDS OF FULL RESOLVE IMMUNITY, you're going to complain that the guy isn't rootable? come on! that's laughble to me. and why on earth would you care if root added to resolve, since you'd already have had to root the person for it to matter?

personally, i'm more offended that full resolve can still be rooted/snared than that they build resolve, but they're both, by definition, CC. resolve doesn't manage CC well at all, and no, I probably wouldn't care if this were pre 1.4.

focusing on the bold part: you're in a team game. your teammates screw-ups are your problems. this is like lando screaming "it's not my fault! they told me they fixed it!" yeah. well "they" didn't. you don't always get what you want. and, perhaps this is just me, but did a sniper just mock poor melee? leaps and pulls don't even work on snipers, AND they nerfed the range of stuns to a useless (in regard to fighting snipers) 10m. so please, let's not pretend as if you don't have plenty of time to unload on an oncoming melee. the stealth classes....ok. sure. there are a lot more maras, juggs, PTs than assassins & ops.

Bottom line, go play a ranged dps class for an extensive period of time. Everyone who has ever complained about how roots/snares aren't on resolve has never played a ranged dps class.

so how is cryo grenade *not* a fundamental ability to a VG? or grapple? or neural surge? I need them to deal with melee and heals and range, just like you need your root to deal with melee....

it's not like I'm saying root shouldn't work, but for the lousy FOUR SECONDS OF FULL RESOLVE IMMUNITY, you're going to complain that the guy isn't rootable? come on! that's laughble to me. and why on earth would you care if root added to resolve, since you'd already have had to root the person for it to matter?

personally, i'm more offended that full resolve can still be rooted/snared than that they build resolve, but they're both, by definition, CC. resolve doesn't manage CC well at all, and no, I probably wouldn't care if this were pre 1.4.

focusing on the bold part: you're in a team game. your teammates screw-ups are your problems. this is like lando screaming "it's not my fault! they told me they fixed it!" yeah. well "they" didn't. you don't always get what you want. and, perhaps this is just me, but did a sniper just mock poor melee? leaps and pulls don't even work on snipers, AND they nerfed the range of stuns to a useless (in regard to fighting snipers) 10m. so please, let's not pretend as if you don't have plenty of time to unload on an oncoming melee. the stealth classes....ok. sure. there are a lot more maras, juggs, PTs than assassins & ops.

Again, it's not about "always getting what you want" like you keep saying. Cryo grenade is a true stun (just like debilitate, which of course should build resolve) grapple is a gap closer, which is used most frequently to pull people into fires and traps than for anything else. And yes, I think roots are more essential to a turret defender like a sniper than any of these abilities are to their respective classes. I don't want to have to worry about a simple root building resolve when I use it, just as if I had actually used a stun or mezz on them. Also how it would affect resolve to what my teammates are doing with their cc's whether there's another sniper on my team also rooting or defending our side of the map with me, etc. We make everything fill resolve and then you have the complete opposite of the cc-fest that's going on now. Walking on eggshells with cc is just as bad. And just because melee can't leap or pull they aren't deterred. Marauders and sentinels like to use their little Houdini trick to attack snipers all the time. Sniper isn't the only class I've played extensively in this game, and any time I'm on one of my melee I hate getting rooted as much as anyone else, so I can see it from that point of view. But that really doesn't warrant roots building resolve. And the whole roots issue is really going off topic of what the real problem. In a typical game, roots are probably the least form of cc that I encounter. Consecutive hard stuns and mezzes are what happens 90% of the time I'm cc'd. Before 1.4, it wasn't a problem, as resolve built quickly. That's the true problem, is the sheer amount of cc that is in PVP right now, and it truly wasn't there prior to 1.4.

Edited by Solarenergy

sigh. What happens if your ranged now? That's right 2 - 3 warriors leap to you root, push and choke you to death. Guess what will happen with the changes I proposed.. oh yes you're resolve will fill up within a few globals giving you unstoppable as ranged. That let's you kite and there's not a damn thing the melee can do about it. Once you are full resolved that's it. They have to deliberately wait and let your resolve come off before they can do anything about your movement. If anything the changes I propose punish melee players more than ranged. In terms of 1v1 nothing changes. You will NEVER fill the resolve of the opposing player unless you stun/root every global or if they pop their breaker. At which point you can also pop your breaker.

Your change wouldn't do anything in that situation. 3 people beating on you at the same time = death either way.

Look this is really simple.. you cannot take my system and say adding roots to resolve would ruin things when it's quite clear you are projecting it over the "current" system. Yes, in this regard you're completely right here! If they added roots to the current resolve system then ranged would get completely ****ed over. Also everyone would be walking around 100% resolved all the time.

Well your proposal to remove hard stuns is a bad idea. Healers are hard enough as it is to kill. I know because my commando is unkillable unless I get a whole group on me. Same with my sage healer. And scoundrel healers are even worse. Not having a hard stun means you're never going to kill a healer unless you focus fire even harder than right now.

As far as resolve not working.. It absolutely unequivocally does not work. Why even have resolve at all if all it does is drain away in the respawn area? Tell me what the point of it is, please? Hell if you want a crystal clear demonstartion of what the 'current" resolve system has in store for you, try playing huttball as a ball carrier. There's been matches where a simple task like walking from the huttball pickup point to the pit area ( only about a 40m distance) has taken more than a minute. Most games I end up rooted in the pit blowing every cooldown, mashing pass and forward. I only need to take like 3 more steps but I can't. I am full resolved and have been for the past 30 seconds while my character just stands there rooted, bleeding health. The funniest bit of all is that most classes couldn't get 5 meters without being totally beaten to death. Heck this is actually the reason I play an immortal vengeance jug just so I don't have to put up with the lame stunfest as much as other classes. You can't stunlock an immortal vengeance jug to death. They at least have a fighting chance.

Stop confusing the word "broken" with "I don't like it". Broken means there's bugs or it's not working as it was intended to. All your complaints are about how YOU don't like it. It's not the same thing. I came from WoW, and the CC there was so much more terrible. I totally love how resolve works (before the recent change). It could use some tweaks like lowering cd on our cc break, or making it so additional cc used on you when you're white barred will extend it. Things like that.

Would my changes allow easier huttball capping? Sure, not just for jugs but for all classes. It would encourage skillful passing, tactical rooting and slowing rather then the current gank cluster **** mindless zombie stunfest. Hell it might even cause people to actually start playing huttball rather than the typical DPS stat padding shenanigans.

How would this encourage passing? If anything, it would make someone more likely to hold onto the ball because if they get white barred, they will have free reign. Roots aren't spammable, so they're already being used tactically.

Would my changes prevent 5 players from stunlocking and beating down their oponent? Hell yes! The current system you can be stunned for more than 8 seconds straight and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Even when your resolve is full they can still beat you down while your character just stands there bent over. My changes allow not only a meaningful escape mechanism but also a big restriction on the duration you can be disabled for.

Reverting the changes won't solve a damn thing. As I pointed out the TTK gets faster every patch. The resolve system was never built to handle this. It's broken, it's not working as intended. If it was then why did bioware change it? Well they did change it and their changes failed miserably. Time for a revamp.

Your changes wouldn't prevent 5 ppl from beating down 1 player at all. Also, you can't be stunned for longer than 8s straight.

And the TTK is perfectly fine for most classes. I have two healers. I can keep people alive plenty fine. In fact, when two equal teams play each other in RWZs, nobody ends up capping mid in CW, or south in NC, or get past first door in VS because teams can't kill players fast enough before they come running back.

Edited by Smashbrother