My Subscription Ends in 18 Days

DarthEnrique

I won't be resubbing, the player toxicity has gotten too much for me and I'm really only here for story. I got used twice in this game and the worst part is one involved a 15 year old. I don't like how we are teaching kids it's okay to use other players to get what we want and I'm not here nor do I want to pay for the real world aspects of this game.

What happened? Well I found something in this game I thought I was good at and actually enjoyed, jugg tanking operations. Though I will say that I was getting bored with just doing SM OPS and wanted to get into harder content and twice this mission has failed.

A guild used me and one other person in the game to steal a player we had in a prog group the three of us had made to start working on doing harder content. They misled me knowing they did not need tanks, stole the player, destroyed our prog group and didn't care who they hurt in the process all cause they were giving this player an "opportunity". No person deserves to be used in real life or in a video game and no "opportunity" should be worth using another human being.

As I said this is the second time I've been used, the first being a possible online romance scamming where I was getting promised by a guy we date while I bought Cartel Coins to get him items he wanted and bought his subscription to the game.

The other person who got used made a statement that disturbed me claiming "I'm use to being used." This should not be a norm.

Why am I saying this? Cause from what I've heard SWTOR is like all other MMOs and all people do is make excuses for this disgusting behavior. I won't ever play another MMO due to the experience I have had here.

On top of that people talk about sexual stuff in front of minors, etc. It's too much and I don't want any part of it. I want SWTOR to be better than other games but I doubt anything will be done but you can still hope putting this out there that people will see their toxicity is helping aide in the game's destruction and I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Some may say I shouldn't let what other players do affect my game play but it does cause I'm not here nor am I willing to pay to deal with the real world in this game. SWTOR has and always will be my escape from the real world and it's the player base that is ruining it for me.

I only subbed to get the new expansion but I've quit doing OPS, I will do HM flashpoints and WBs but I won't touch actual operations anymore in this game cause I don't like getting used by people.

Edited by DarthEnrique

The world is full of rotten people and you see this online as well. It's not good but it is a reality. You can't really go anywhere anymore without risking being taken advantage of etc.

As for operations, I think it's best to be in a guild to do the harder content rather than dealing with pugs. You clearly had some bad experiences that I've never had in the years I've played. Maybe I was lucky, maybe you were unlucky. Couldn't say for sure.

But if you can't feel good playing this game or parts thereof because of bad experiences then you shouldn't. Sometimes it is that simple. I will say though there is no safe place in this world as long as there are people around, so there is value in having a bit thicker skin and trying to find a balance for yourself.

Still, I can't blame you for not wanting to expose yourself to things that are this negative for you. I can only wish you the best.

Edited by Tsillah

Not everything in life is all Roses, Sugar and Cream.

The Roses have Thorns.

Sugar attracts ants and,

Cream turns Sour.

But we learn to Roll with the Punches and not to simply Stand there and get beat upon.

It only bothers you, because you Let it bother you.

Laugh and Ignore the Ignorant, laugh at their stupid comments in chat, they're only words after all. If chat really bothers you that much, turn it off. As you have said there is nothing worth reading there, just kill it.

As for being USED?. In 20 years of playing MMO's I don't think I have ever been Virtually USED.

I know you want to make friends and trust the people you group with. But you must temper that trust with a fair amount of caution. Not all of the people you meet in MMO's are your friend, nor do they wish to be your friend either.

On top of that people talk about sexual stuff in front of minors

This game is rated

TEEN:

Blood and Gore

Mild Language

Sexual Themes

Violence

ESRB CONTENT RATING

This game is for TEENS and ADULTS not MINORS.

If you have Minors playing this game, and they Hear something they should not because they are playing a Teen / Adult game then that is on YOU and not the players of SWToR.

Edited by denavin

Sorry to hear this. All online games are like this these days, I'm afraid. Best thing is to find some decent people and stay away from guilds with kids. Sucks that you got used, but you must of known buying someone else sub time and cartel items was a huge mistake.

RP servers and guilds are known to be less toxic but I personally haven't ever been in one.

I won't be resubbing, the player toxicity has gotten too much for me and I'm really only here for story. I got used twice in this game and the worst part is one involved a 15 year old. I don't like how we are teaching kids it's okay to use other players to get what we want and I'm not here nor do I want to pay for the real world aspects of this game.

What happened? Well I found something in this game I thought I was good at and actually enjoyed, jugg tanking operations. Though I will say that I was getting bored with just doing SM OPS and wanted to get into harder content and twice this mission has failed.

A guild used me and one other person in the game to steal a player we had in a prog group the three of us had made to start working on doing harder content. They misled me knowing they did not need tanks, stole the player, destroyed our prog group and didn't care who they hurt in the process all cause they were giving this player an "opportunity". No person deserves to be used in real life or in a video game and no "opportunity" should be worth using another human being.

As I said this is the second time I've been used, the first being a possible online romance scamming where I was getting promised by a guy we date while I bought Cartel Coins to get him items he wanted and bought his subscription to the game.

The other person who got used made a statement that disturbed me claiming "I'm use to being used." This should not be a norm.

Why am I saying this? Cause from what I've heard SWTOR is like all other MMOs and all people do is make excuses for this disgusting behavior. I won't ever play another MMO due to the experience I have had here.

On top of that people talk about sexual stuff in front of minors, etc. It's too much and I don't want any part of it. I want SWTOR to be better than other games but I doubt anything will be done but you can still hope putting this out there that people will see their toxicity is helping aide in the game's destruction and I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Some may say I shouldn't let what other players do affect my game play but it does cause I'm not here nor am I willing to pay to deal with the real world in this game. SWTOR has and always will be my escape from the real world and it's the player base that is ruining it for me.

I only subbed to get the new expansion but I've quit doing OPS, I will do HM flashpoints and WBs but I won't touch actual operations anymore in this game cause I don't like getting used by people.

I am sorry to hear of your experiences, the world is getting very chaotic and insane, where children are not taught to be responsible and respectful and adults openly talk about all manner of things in front of children, its just so insanely bad.

I am not very sociable, i tend to avoid communication when possible and i tend not to group up for anything, since i play different games throughout the day, i do not play a single game all day long, i play a multitude of them throughout the day and that can tick people off, hence why i play solo and only group when it is needed at that particular time.

I am fortunate to not have experienced what you have and i am honestly sorry that you have experienced it, but you shouldn't leave the game for that, i would suggest we play the game together, but as i said, i play several games throughout the day and i do not and never will take handouts from players and i certainly do not like being carried in content, i prefer to carry my own weight, so to speak.

Overall, i also play for the story and that also ticks people off, that i don't space bar through the scenes....i just laugh to be honest.

To quote a film character " It's amazing what you can do... when you don't have to look at yourself in the mirror any more"

The best thing you can do, is just play the game, ignore the trolls and toxic people. Find some decent guilds, and remember, what ever happens in there, cannot effect real life. Also, don't use real money for items, it's better to make your creds from the game, and put them back in then your own money. :)

he's trolling you guys.

He's not trolling, he really does lead a soap opera existence. That's why he's my favorite poster.

The only thing he's trolling about is leaving the game, that part's untrue. I hope so, anyway. The forum would be a grimmer place without OP's habitual manic episodes.